Super Mario Kart

Yay!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/...rt&loc=enGB

They have finally released SMK on the Virtual console! I have been waiting for this for ages. I spent too much time playing this whilst at Uni that it probably cost me several grades, now I am married and gainfully employed it will probably cost me much more. None of the modern versions of the game have come close to the original version for sheer racing enjoyment. An absolute classic.

Quantum of Solace for 360/PS3 is the only bond game since which has a slight feel of goldeneye , still not a patch though!

Nothing is a patch. Nothing before. Nothing after. Not in any genre. It's fundamentally the best game ever made.

If they remade it, exactly for gameplay but with updated graphics, and released it as an online-only game for the PS/Xbox it would sell a :censored: load as a multiplayer/online game.

I couldn't go back to the original Mario Kart.

MK Wii is just awesome and with more maps and power ups it's just an class game. The old version just won't have aged well.

Nothing is a patch. Nothing before. Nothing after. Not in any genre. It's fundamentally the best game ever made.

If they remade it, exactly for gameplay but with updated graphics, and released it as an online-only game for the PS/Xbox it would sell a :censored: load as a multiplayer/online game.

It was ready to happen, the game was ready to be released for XBOX Live Arcade, with online play and then it got pulled 'cause Microsoft, Nintendo and Activision couldn't agree on money.

http://kotaku.com/344084/xbla-goldeneye-wa...y-done-now-dead

They actually updated the graphics so they wouldn't be pixelated on HDTV's....like not a complete upgrade, but smoothing them out as they have done with other XBLA games.

But Perfect Dark is out with some Goldeneye maps.

Whilst Goldeneye was a top game.....the best game ever imo is Snatcher.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

I couldn't go back to the original Mario Kart.

MK Wii is just awesome and with more maps and power ups it's just an class game. The old version just won't have aged well.

Nope, it is still the best in the series. I'm a massive mariokart geek and have all the mariokart games on the various platforms, the orginal is the best. Proper racing with only one item, maybe two per lap. No blue shells, no hit banana, get blue shelled, get red shelled, lightninged, stupid cloud thing, red shelled again then squashed.

Just proper racing with the odd shortcut and the best cornering in the whole series - the speed boost introduced in SMK64 has never been done right, it is almost there in the wii version but it massively lacks the finesse of the original where you can kiss the apex.

My thumb hurts today, I've been caining it since Thursday using a wavebird controller, haven't used the d-pad before so I am having to break that in.

Nope, it is still the best in the series. I'm a massive mariokart geek and have all the mariokart games on the various platforms, the orginal is the best. Proper racing with only one item, maybe two per lap. No blue shells, no hit banana, get blue shelled, get red shelled, lightninged, stupid cloud thing, red shelled again then squashed.

Just proper racing with the odd shortcut and the best cornering in the whole series - the speed boost introduced in SMK64 has never been done right, it is almost there in the wii version but it massively lacks the finesse of the original where you can kiss the apex.

My thumb hurts today, I've been caining it since Thursday using a wavebird controller, haven't used the d-pad before so I am having to break that in.

I like all SNES, N64 & Wii versions, but have to agree with Big Nips about the orginal being the best - purely down to the proper racing aspect of it. I would sit there for days doing the time trials and you get to the stage where you have to do every corner perfectly to beat your ghost.

Prefer the Battle Mode in the N64 version, though.

Edited by Yard Dog

I thought the multi player thing was a bit pony TBH, it was just a race to get the biggest gun and then run round each other in a circle shooting.

For me, the more power ups, maps and gimmicks the better. That's what Mario Kart is about. If I want a realistic racing sim which takes time to master, which is focused entirely around your driving ability I'd play Gran Turismo.

For me, the more power ups, maps and gimmicks the better. That's what Mario Kart is about. If I want a realistic racing sim which takes time to master, which is focused entirely around your driving ability I'd play Gran Turismo.

I cant believe Gran Turismo 5 still hasnt been released yet!!!

That is a game I cannot wait to be released!!!

Ahhhhhh SMK :o) ...... Also on the N64 and appearing on the X-box was Conker due to the defection af Rare to microsoft ... a fantastic game with brilliant mini games as well. Goldeneye was a top game but looks really really old now ..... Im off I have retro game fever ... got a C64 on my I phone too