• Lee Hughes
    • Gary McDonald
    • Lee Croft
    • Leon Clarke
    • Scott Vernon
    • Will Haining
    • Marc Tierney
    • Daniel Nardiello

Since we have already had the first 'bring back Vernon' thread... and I just logged on to watch the crappy-eagles wondering if Clint Hill was playing, I started thinking, if we could and there were no barriers - which currently playing Ex-Latic would you bring back if you could...?

Jungle rules, dont worry about whether we actually could, just give your opinion... you've only got one choice...

Lee Grant the new Dean Brill....?

Fitz Hall the new Sean Gregan...

Richie Wellens the new Danny Whit...?

Chris Porter the new.... errrr.....

Initially I obviously thought Wellens, but are there other priorities....?

I'll close the Poll in a week or so, then start up some pointless facebook group to put pressure on TTA to make it happen. Then if they dont - well I'll have to get ten or so 16-year old chavs to do a protest march or summat....

I know that. Its for fun. FUN GODAMMIT!

:wink:

So many to choose from, but it really would have to come down to Wellens or, much as I hate to admit, Porter. Wellens because he was the positive about anything good we did when he was here. The type of player who could change a match on his own. Nearly always fit and always desparate to be in the pitch. sure he lost it on occassion, but so what, others call that commitment. Porter? He certainly knew where the back of the net was and of all those listed, i can only think of Wellens and Porter that brought such disappointment that they hadn't re-signed.

In the end I plumped for Wellens because I think he would have the most impact on our current squad

Since we have already had the first 'bring back Vernon' thread... and I just logged on to watch the crappy-eagles wondering if Clint Hill was playing, I started thinking, if we could and there were no barriers - which currently playing Ex-Latic would you bring back if you could...?

Jungle rules, dont worry about whether we actually could, just give your opinion... you've only got one choice...

Lee Grant the new Dean Brill....?

Fitz Hall the new Sean Gregan...

Richie Wellens the new Danny Whit...?

Chris Porter the new.... errrr.....

Initially I obviously thought Wellens, but are there other priorities....?

I'll close the Poll in a week or so, then start up some pointless facebook group to put pressure on TTA to make it happen. Then if they dont - well I'll have to get ten or so 16-year old chavs to do a protest march or summat....

Micah Richards for me :wink:

Its depressing to look at that list and think we had those players sometime in the last couple of years and did feck all with them :(

To be fair they nearly all went onto bigger and better things.

What is also dperessing is the number of loanees we have had that have done nothing.

To be fair if that were a squad it would be owrth quite a few bob.

To be fair they nearly all went onto bigger and better things.

What is also dperessing is the number of loanees we have had that have done nothing.

To be fair if that were a squad it would be owrth quite a few bob.

Out of interest for anyone that picked Mcdonald over Wellens, why?

Paul Murray should be up there and he deserves to win with 100% of the vote. At the same time, an option to install said legend with the title "international man of the world" would not go amiss.

From the list though; Clint Hill would have made an enormous difference to our defence over the last couple of seasons. Plus his brutish style and excessively hard demeanour would have cowed opposition skillmeisters everywhere. Demetriou at Orient would probably not be walking now, Parker would have been torn in half at training and the new stadium would have already been built - half because Clint Hill would have quarried it himself but also because the Council and those peewees at the charity commissions would never have dared to cross him...

Although if he'd put Sheridan in a headlock then he would probably have snapped him into little pieces - that would have put a downer on the night at the dogs!

Paul Murray should be up there and he deserves to win with 100% of the vote. At the same time, an option to install said legend with the title "international man of the world" would not go amiss.

From the list though; Clint Hill would have made an enormous difference to our defence over the last couple of seasons. Plus his brutish style and excessively hard demeanour would have cowed opposition skillmeisters everywhere. Demetriou at Orient would probably not be walking now, Parker would have been torn in half at training and the new stadium would have already been built - half because Clint Hill would have quarried it himself but also because the Council and those peewees at the charity commissions would never have dared to cross him...

Although if he'd put Sheridan in a headlock then he would probably have snapped him into little pieces - that would have put a downer on the night at the dogs!

SlyStallone Likes It!! :lol:

I felt a tad unclean as I clicked; but I’ve gone for Porter (Eugh; there it goes again…)

With him up front and just any midfield 4 behind him; told to play a high tempo and get balls into the box; either as crosses or as ‘hope balls’ – then he’d be 20 a season at L1; every season*

Wellens, Kilkenny and Croft were massively close to vote – hell; most were; but out of interest; why is Danny Nardiello in there after just 2 games for us??

* That would be closer to 30 if we could morph Lidds footballing brain into either taylor or Smalley!!!

SlyStallone Likes It!! :lol:

I felt a tad unclean as I clicked; but I’ve gone for Porter (Eugh; there it goes again…)

With him up front and just any midfield 4 behind him; told to play a high tempo and get balls into the box; either as crosses or as ‘hope balls’ – then he’d be 20 a season at L1; every season*

Wellens, Kilkenny and Croft were massively close to vote – hell; most were; but out of interest; why is Danny Nardiello in there after just 2 games for us??

* That would be closer to 30 if we could morph Lidds footballing brain into either taylor or Smalley!!!

Funny that, cLint hill was my first choice as a little more realistic.

That said in the Standard (I think) he is quite strongly rumoured to be going to QPR. First one Colin will have taken.

Edited by singe