Biggest change next season

If we want to be more successful next season, its not just down to the right manager and the right players, we need the support back,

it seems these days being a latics supporter involves a lot of booing of the manager/players/staff and a constant look at the downside of things,

I think straight from the off we have to show our support to the club, players and new manager,

It does affect performance if we get lower crowds and booing going on, I know you pay your money and you have the right to, but if you ask any player they will tell you that form is linked to crowd reaction,

look at terry when he was booed, when the chelsea fans got behind him he was winning matches for the club, at away games with the heckling he was only half the player,

another is lampard, came out and pleaded with fans not to boo him as it was affecting his performance,

these are just 2 examples.

I would like to think with a new season we have turned a new leaf, build up again and once again be proud of our club

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things have got to change on and off the field, that includes us. The lack of support and poor performances combine and create a vicious cycle, so lets do our bit and support the club and take it forward.

Well said latics fan.

Things have got to change on and off the field, that includes us. The lack of support and poor performances combine and create a vicious cycle, so lets do our bit and support the club and take it forward.

Well said latics fan.

Thanks, its very true, bad play = low crowds = worse play = worse crowds,

we cant seem to get out of this, but we need to soon or end up with many other clubs like us... facing administration and the exit door

a very good post! but alas i think it may be too late ....

this new manager won't get one iota of patience from our crowd, any players he brings in will suffer the same dignity and i bet the players here already are relishing the start of a new season!!!

in my opinion it's mainly from our pensionable bretheren and the young up starts who like to gob off in front of their mates .... basically a group of people who won't ever read your post!

but you get my vote!

Count me in...where do I sign up?? A fans charter,one must try and shut one's gob when it really does hit the fan....lol

However, I am not offering free pies and pints next season....its up to the club to do that.

So that's me in the RRE.

:wink:

If we want to be more successful next season, its not just down to the right manager and the right players, we need the support back,

it seems these days being a latics supporter involves a lot of booing of the manager/players/staff and a constant look at the downside of things,

I think straight from the off we have to show our support to the club, players and new manager,

It does affect performance if we get lower crowds and booing going on, I know you pay your money and you have the right to, but if you ask any player they will tell you that form is linked to crowd reaction,

look at terry when he was booed, when the chelsea fans got behind him he was winning matches for the club, at away games with the heckling he was only half the player,

another is lampard, came out and pleaded with fans not to boo him as it was affecting his performance,

these are just 2 examples.

I would like to think with a new season we have turned a new leaf, build up again and once again be proud of our club

Sorry but I'm out.

Count me in too! Although I don't think I can stretch quite as far as Colbeck!!!!! :blink:

Colbeck won't be a factor IMO, as any manager who comes in (if he's any judge of a player) will watch him in training and maybe pre-season and that will end his involovement in the first team.

For me a key factor in the demise of our club has been the cynisism that surrounds it.

I hate to say it but I did agree with Ronnie Moore when he said that there is a cancer around the club of negativity, and it will badly affect it's ability to be sucessful again. I don't agree with this opinion that we are all living in the glories of the 'Pinch Me' years though, as for one, I bet a very large proportion of support wasn't even going then, and two, those of us that did live through it recognised at the time that it was a set of extraordinary circumstances and that we were batting way above our average.

I also feel (as I have stated previously) that this board doesn't help, the level of conspiricy theory and cynisism is incredible at times and seems to divide us rather than bring us together. For this reason I have been spending far less time on here in recent months after various spats over TTA and the Stadium debate with other members..... and to be honest I have felt far better for it.

One of the best things for me about supporting Latics used to be the togetherness of the support. It was a bloody big deal if you saw somebody in a Latics shirt on holiday, you formed an instant bond and probably enjoyed a few beers and a laugh talking about the club. Now we seem to have a culture of back-bitting and petty squabbling amongst ourselves that spills over onto Saturday afternoons.

If we stop the doom and gloom, and change the atmosphere around the place to a more positive one, maybe, just maybe it will help to turn things around on the pitch as well.

One of the best things for me about supporting Latics used to be the togetherness of the support. It was a bloody big deal if you saw somebody in a Latics shirt on holiday, you formed an instant bond and probably enjoyed a few beers and a laugh talking about the club. Now we seem to have a culture of back-bitting and petty squabbling amongst ourselves that spills over onto Saturday afternoons.

+1

Ye there is a strange sense of negativity, I just look at my dad, he was still backing penny no matter how bad things got and would never say a bad word against any ex latics staff purely because they represented the club,

when you look at it, we have had a lot of bad luck and harsh times but like everything, change will only come about from rebuilding, we have to start somewhere, on our end the best we can do to aid this development is really get behind the team,

there will be negatives and we should be encouraged to debate it, but we shouldnt let it undo our progression

Does that mean you are no longer going to support the club or that you will continue to get on players backs etc? Just wondering like. :huh:

It means I will be booing them out on the opening day of the Season.

And singing "You :censored: Munich bastard" at Nicky Butt.

If Martin Gray is appointed then I will be behind the boys.

It means I will be booing them out on the opening day of the Season.

And singing "You :censored: Munich bastard" at Nicky Butt.

If Martin Gray is appointed then I will be behind the boys.

that just sums up the arseholes that now go to boundary park and post on this board