New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chron way ahead of our media partners the MEN :)

IF its correct then the reason is probably because the MEN care enough not to publish until the club says so. However, the Chron, who aren't our media partners because they published something too early don't care.

It's a bigger farce than the World Cup squad announcement!

The problem with that was the likes of Bent and Walcott announced they weren't going before the squad list came out- they probably got something out of it and didn't have much to loose (if Heskey and SWP don't play well they look better by not going). The only person who knows who isn't at the club is Dickov and he has loads to loose if he says anything too soon.

IF its correct then the reason is probably because the MEN care enough not to publish until the club says so. However, the Chron, who aren't our media partners because they published something too early don't care.

Great arrangement for the Chron then :)

If it is dirty Dickov, well here is one ST holder who will not be renewing next season.

Now you know I just don’t get that.

Its Oldham Athletic Football Club; not Dave Penney FC or Paul Dickov United. It’s the club; with everything that it entails that we support; not 1 manager in one short period of time.

I renewed; like a hell of a lot of others; without even knowing who the manager would be. I don’t particularly want the new gaffer to be Jim Gannon; but if it does turn out to be him I wouldn’t be throwing my ticket back at the ticket office and demanding my money back – whilst not my choice, he’d get my backing; as any new manager should.

If its Dickov; then cool, great. Lets give him backing; give him some support and give him TIME to start the very difficult task of making us a competitive side in a tricky division. It would be nice if the ‘out of our club’ songs were put on ice for a prolonged rest and we actually backed the new guy; whoever it is. Novel concept? Hope not.

Now you know I just don’t get that.

Its Oldham Athletic Football Club; not Dave Penney FC or Paul Dickov United. It’s the club; with everything that it entails that we support; not 1 manager in one short period of time.

To be fair to Slurms, I wasn't going to go if a select few had got the job (Crossley, Ritchie, Gray, Rtchie, Richardson, Ritchie, Simpson, Ritchie.)

Can't blame people for getting a bit miffed at the club.

Luckily, Dickov is one that interests me and I'll be going next season.

To be fair to Slurms, I wasn't going to go if a select few had got the job (Crossley, Ritchie, Gray, Rtchie, Richardson, Ritchie, Simpson, Ritchie.)

Can't blame people for getting a bit miffed at the club.

Luckily, Dickov is one that interests me and I'll be going next season.

Glory hunter!