Just a whisper

That we are weighing up a deal for Jon Macken .. the source is a fomer player associated with the club for years .... and is also a very good friend of Greegs ... No idea how true it is but that would put bums on seats !!

That we are weighing up a deal for Jon Macken .. the source is a fomer player associated with the club for years .... and is also a very good friend of Greegs ... No idea how true it is but that would put bums on seats !!

See this is the kind of thread I like

Who is weighing up this deal?

We don't have a manager in place at present and the new manager may not be intereseted in signing Macken. :unsure:

Who is weighing up this deal?

We don't have a manager in place at present and the new manager may not be intereseted in signing Macken. :unsure:

That is true, but players aren't going to wait for us to appoint a manger before making a decision on their future. Not a bad idea to sound a player out in preparation.

He's certainly no better than the class of player we should be realistically aiming to sign.

Dear me if we sign anyone anywhere near the quality I will be shocked. We signed Furman and Colbeck last year and we've less money this, I wouldn't be suprised if Frankie Bunn was player manager.

Dear me if we sign anyone anywhere near the quality I will be shocked. We signed Furman and Colbeck last year and we've less money this, I wouldn't be suprised if Frankie Bunn was player manager.

Macken’s game was never based around pace / being an on the shoulder striker.

He has a great touch, a good footballing brain and is more of a link striker than a 2nd striker.

We have one of those already in Pav.

If; if Jon Macken signs for us – then I’d be impressed with the signing as he is a good footballer – but I’d be worried we would have 2 very similar strikers who would be the 1st choice partnership.

Or in the words of RoyleArmy:

He good but he same as pav so me worried but would be good

Edited by slystallone

Wasnt Eyers .... but similar ilk ... I thought it would be a reasonable signing manager or not.... maybe it was in the pipeline before DP's departure. Someone like him with Pav and working with Eaves and the like would bring em on leaps and bounds... Good in the air too ... I think he would be a light year better than A N Other loanee kid ala Blackman or journeymen like we have previously had.

Macken’s game was never based around pace / being an on the shoulder striker.

He has a great touch, a good footballing brain and is more of a link striker than a 2nd striker.

We have one of those already in Pav.

If; if Jon Macken signs for us – then I’d be impressed with the signing as he is a good footballer – but I’d be worried we would have 2 very similar strikers who would be the 1st choice partnership.

Or in the words of RoyleArmy:

He good but he same as pav so me worried but would be good

Oh, is that what that meant..