Who is the worst Latics player ever?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Bonner is harsh IMO; was a decent midfielder........

For me, Malongo, Rodney Jack and David Lee stand out.

From a while ago; I was really unimpressed with David Currie as he didn't live up to the billing; but he's far from the worst.....

Another in a long line of players who were outstanding against us, and crap for us including John Keeley, Darren Beckford to name but two

It's all about opinions I guess, but I cringe when I see his name on the teamsheet, he drifts out of position constantly and can't keep his concentration for 5 minutes.

I think they are moderate failures compared to some we have had :)

aka Ronnie 'I can't run for more than 3 mins" Jepson :)

I don't know if was just monumentally pissed throughout that period, but I didn't think Cooper was all that bad.

Indeed, scored a 3 goals in 7 appearances here. Hardly the worst loan signing we've had. And he was playing in the crap team we had when we nearly got relegated when we played the likes of Bonner and Appleby in midfield (in fact they were the midfield pairing we played when we lost to Blackpool away a few seasons ago when it was chucking it down and looked like the worse team in the league, Cooper played up front in that match).

It's probably fair to say that Cooper is better than all the loan strikers we had last season (well, the 08/09 season) who were playing in a better team yet could only muster 3 goals between them.

Cooper went on to bang a fair few goals in at the MLS and and is now playing for 1860 Munich.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore