Who is the worst Latics player ever?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, another one that people have forgotten;

Mark 'I'll be Playing At A Higher Level Soon' Arber.

Now he was a really, really poor centre back.

Dagenhams player of the season this year, going to be playing at Wembley this weekend!

Dagenhams player of the season this year, going to be playing at Wembley this weekend!

Green was Dagenhams POTY wasn't he? Arber is the captain; but not sure he was POTY? I'll stand by to be corrected if he was. Shocking penalty though in the 1st leg; got out of jail with his teammates follow-up.

Green was Dagenhams POTY wasn't he? Arber is the captain; but not sure he was POTY? I'll stand by to be corrected if he was. Shocking penalty though in the 1st leg; got out of jail with his teammates follow-up.

Can't decide between Neil Moore and Peter Litchfield - thankfully both loanees....

Keeper - Jan Budtz

Defender - Mark Hotte

Midfielder - Rob Lee ( 1 cameo LDV appearance )

Striker - Paul Beavers/ Mark Allott when he was up top

Keeper - Peter Litchfield

Defender - Neil Moore

Midfielder - David Lee

Attacker - Ormondroyd (1st Spell)

I vaguely remember Rob Lee. Didn't he spit his dummy out, much like Dean Windyass? Which season was that?

Under Talberk IIRC. Brought him in; started an LDV game; subbed after 60 mins then he disappeared to re-surface at Wycombe.

Talberk didn’t think he had 90mins in his legs anymore; Rob Lee did. He went to Wycombe and played in every game thereafter that season for them IIRC. We also missed out on a full-back who was with Lee at Newcastle; who was about to sign for us; as long as Rob Lee was playing for us. Lee did one; and the full-back deal fell through. Can’t remember his name; but some on here might.

Even in the 60min cameo appearance; you could still see his quality – and IMO we missed a trick in not keeping him. Especially as other ‘midfielders’* played for us during that time.

* that is a loose term if describing David Lee & Matt Appleby……

john thompson was pretty bad,

jan budtz was worse.

How could I forget Thompson? The guy was so inept it amazes me that he learned the ability to breath!

Only the 88 people who made it to Clyde will ever truly appreciate just how bad this guy was...the trip alone was worth it to see the most ridiculous goal I've ever witnessed against us (more so than Worthingtons own goal this season) courtesy of Thompson! *shudders*

Edited by boundaryblue80

I know there's probably been worse but three that really did my head in were Rob Scott, Michael Clegg and Steve Whitehall.

Having said that Prozac's post has just reminded me of the recurring nightmares I used to have after swapping Ron Futcher for Ian Ormondroyd in 87 cost us any chance of promotion.

Neil Firm

Dickie Down

Unfortunately Dickie Down played several games with a serious ankle ligament injury, in those days the usual treatment was the magic sponge during the match, then run it off in order to be fit for the following fixture. :huh:

mark hotte

Wash your mouth out. I watched him for Bradford Park Avenue, and he easily was better than Chris Hall.

I'm not bothered about players with little ability who put the effort in, it's those that just don't give a toss. Step forward Lee Sinnott.

No, not you. :wink:

Wash your mouth out. I watched him for Bradford Park Avenue, and he easily was better than Chris Hall.

I'm not bothered about players with little ability who put the effort in, it's those that just don't give a toss. Step forward Lee Sinnott.

No, not you. :wink:

After my display on Royton and Crompton tonight, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

I think it's important when assessing "worst player" what they have done in their careers away from boundary park. It might be that they were good at other places. Lord kangana was brought on as a sub on his debut for Rochdale

and 30 minutes later was substituted, never played again for them and was never seen again.

There isn't a debate!! It's the good lord.

IMO.

I think it's important when assessing "worst player" what they have done in their careers away from boundary park. It might be that they were good at other places. Lord kangana was brought on as a sub on his debut for Rochdale

and 30 minutes later was substituted, never played again for them and was never seen again.

There isn't a debate!! It's the good lord.

IMO.

As I said, it's not about ability. In that case the Lord wins by a mile, and Ernie isn't far behind. It's that combined with effort.

I hate Lee Trundle more than most players, just because he pissed his whole talent up the wall, and I'm sure there are a fair few latics players in that mould. I have no idea if Lordy boy is one of them as he was a really short term player. I guess the definition of a bad/worst player is different across the board here.