Who is the worst Latics player ever?

I think it's important when assessing "worst player" what they have done in their careers away from boundary park. It might be that they were good at other places. Lord kangana was brought on as a sub on his debut for Rochdale

and 30 minutes later was substituted, never played again for them and was never seen again.

There isn't a debate!! It's the good lord.

IMO.

That reminds me of the time he played at Stalybridge Celtic...he couldn't even cut it at that level as in his final game he was, to quote the Tameside Advertiser...

"unceremoniously hauled off the pitch after 40 minutes after a shocking display that saw the Celts losing 2-0"

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the search facility on this site...just found this little ditty from over 2yrs ago...

Damn right Bigfin....I want this team in for Saturday!

C.Day

M.Clegg

M.Arber

J.Thompson

I.McLean

M.Rush

D.Lee

R.Butcher

P.Salt

J.Agogo

M.Molango

Subs:

Miskelly

Lord-Kananga

D.Boshell (or Boswell as brilliantly named at Rotherham away)

K.Jack

C.Zola

I'd agree except for that game at Swansea.

One game said 'no'.

He can't possibly come into the reckoning for the worst player after putting in such a monumental shift in that game.

Still one of the best idividual performances I can recall, up there with Taylor away at Hudd 3-0.

While he didn't score a lot of goals he was very much in the Warne mould... A right handful I thought... He was terribly unlucky a lot of the time I thought...

I always thought that, and I remember a lot of people being made up for him when he finally did score v Sheffield United.

I always thought that, and I remember a lot of people being made up for him when he finally did score v Sheffield United.

Still one of the loudest sounds I have ever heard out of a latics crowd when he finally scored... and then he got a second soon afterwards :)

He was far from a bad player...

Still one of the loudest sounds I have ever heard out of a latics crowd when he finally scored... and then he got a second soon afterwards :)

He was far from a bad player...

As for worst player I've ever seen play for Latics.

Mark Watson at Rotherham was tosh, so bad he was never seen again.

Also, dare I say it, Ernie Cooksey was pretty tosh.

only reason i didnt was because of that peach against peterborough in added time unbelievable!!

The sad thing about Butcher is that he came back from his loan spell and showed that perhaps he was a capable League One player, scoring some important goals. But, by then, he had such a bloody chip on his shoulder after the stick he'd had that he was never going to stick around. Far from our worst ever player though.

Rob Scott. He was never good at all, worst signing Ronnie made, the lad just wasn't good enough anymore, was always a yard behind play. Even Chasetown made him look silly.

There hasn't been anyone worse than him, not even David Lee, he didn't do much but he did it well.

Rob Scott, dreadful.

As for worst player I've ever seen play for Latics.

Mark Watson at Rotherham was tosh, so bad he was never seen again.

Cooksey doesn't even come close to the worst player in a latics shirt.

I'd agree except for that game at Swansea.

One game said 'no'.

Rotherham away?...and his celebration alone said the lad wanted to do well for us...liked him...not the most talented, but was another one that was easily and swiftly singled out when he'd give 110% and on the occassion, waded in with a decent performance.

Lord K by a mile .... close behind Glen Keeley and Rodney fecking Jack. Although I must agree with Prozac ib that Ian O's first loan spell made me wince everytime the ball was above head hight ....... 6ft 3 to 3ft in .01 seconds :grin:

I don't know if was just monumentally pissed throughout that period, but I didn't think Cooper was all that bad.

Lord Kangana Ndiwa is far and away the worst I can remember.

Thought he only played in that Brifghton match.

Stuart Thom for me, Bad times.

You can't say that, he died early in his life which therefore makes anything he did 10 times better than it actaully was and a club legend, thems the rules. Think Branston was worse though, Ernie was gash but he tried, Branston was just gash.

Dean Crowe,Mark Watson,Craig Rocastle that haven't been mentioned were dogsh*t IMO & Jon Worthington from the current squad ain't much better.

That's a good shout - another of Talberks signings. Awful striker. Just awful.

To be honest; even though our youth set-up has produced an endless supply of players for us over the years; some of them have been pretty poor & still managed to get some games for us…….

Recent youth lads who played for the 1st team and were pretty shocking; never ever going to be good enough for League 1 football were amongst others:

Matty Barlow

Ashley Kelly

Mike Pearson

Josh Bell

Edited by slystallone