Best England World Cup XI Post -66

Ok here goes (I only go back to '82 (well I was one in '78 but we failed to qualify!)

Peter Shilton

Gary Neville

Terry Butcher

Des Walker

Kenny Sansom

David Beckham

David Platt

Paul Gascoigne

Joe Cole

Gary Lineker

Michael Owen

Think you can do better? Over to you lot!

Ok here goes (I only go back to '82 (well I was one in '78 but we failed to qualify!)

Peter Shilton

Gary Neville

Terry Butcher

Des Walker

Kenny Sansom

David Beckham

David Platt

Paul Gascoigne

Joe Cole

Gary Lineker

Michael Owen

Think you can do better? Over to you lot!

Shilton

Walker

Pearce

Butcher

Adams

Beckham

Scholes

Gascoigne

Beardsley

Lineker

Shearer

Shilton

Walker

Pearce

Butcher

Adams

Beckham

Scholes

Gascoigne

Beardsley

Lineker

Shearer

Here's my best England team

Scott Carson

Danny Mills

Matthew Upson

Keith Curle

Phil Neville

Kieron Dyer

Seth Johnson

Carlton Palmer

Steve Guppy

Michael Ricketts

John Fashanu

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...8#ixzz0pDiwF2zt

Even post 66, watch the England - Brazil game from 1970. Bobby Moore first name on the team sheet. Agree with Prozac about the LB, as good as Pearce was KEnny Samson was a superb player. As much as I hate the scouse prick, Gerrard is a far better right midfielder than Beckham ever was. I'm struggling a bit to think of any stand out choices from further back in that position?

Banks

Neville

Adams

Walker

Pearce

Beckham

Gerrard

Robson

Waddle

Lineker

Rooney

I think that one day Crouch will work his way into this list, the worst 11 was on tv last night, that was painful to watch, there were some right horrors, thank god its all in the past!

I'm gobsmacked at Gerrard's inclusion. Has he ever had a great game for England? I can still remember Beckham's single-handed attempt to beat Greece (in that poor 2-2 draw a few years back).

You've convinced me to bring Beckham in at Gerrard's expense.

I'm gobsmacked at Gerrard's inclusion. Has he ever had a great game for England? I can still remember Beckham's single-handed attempt to beat Greece (in that poor 2-2 draw a few years back).

You mean where he smacked 8748.23 free kicks into the wall before he finally got one on target? Sheringham was trying to take the ball off him several goes before IIRC. As I say, I am wondering if we haven't had many decent right siders, I certainly am not a Gerrard fan but Beckham has always been a limited and over-hyped player IMO. Maybe Batty could do a job?

For Liverpool he was excellent but for England he only ever produced his magic once and that was in a friendly, he was a great club player and an even better rapper :wink:

yeah, i put him in just for his goal at the Maracana, i think Waddle should be on the left really :grin: