World Cup 2010 - Reports: Capello to resign if England crash out

who do you think could do the job , harry red knapp or Roy Hodgson ?

Roy Hodgson is a good shout, it will probably be some Pearce/Beckham co-thingy that'll bring in the Walcott's and such-like into the side with a view to compete in 2018. Not that I care of course, the last time I was fired up for a tourney we got beat 3-2 off Romania in 2000 - I vowed from that day not to get involved with 'em ever again. Today I feel nothing for England's loss.

Why why why bring heskey on why, rooney did sweet FA, upson apart from the goal did not deserve to wear the shirt, saying that none of them did, yes it should have been 2-2 but its not. Start from fresh now get an english manager in and work towards euro 2012. We were lucky to make it this far, best thing for england to go out early so we can save our money for the tics.

Roy Hodgson is a good shout, it will probably be some Pearce/Beckham co-thingy that'll bring in the Walcott's and such-like into the side with a view to compete in 2018. Not that I care of course, the last time I was fired up for a tourney we got beat 3-2 off Romania in 2000 - I vowed from that day not to get involved with 'em ever again. Today I feel nothing for England's loss.

Well done, you.

Why why why bring heskey on why, rooney did sweet FA, upson apart from the goal did not deserve to wear the shirt, saying that none of them did, yes it should have been 2-2 but its not. Start from fresh now get an english manager in and work towards euro 2012. We were lucky to make it this far, best thing for england to go out early so we can save our money for the tics.

Ha ha yeah, we need 3 goals ....let's bring heskey on!

Crouch must be gutted to not even be considered at that stage.

Another inept english performance from a bunch of overpaid prima donnas!

No manager can make a difference with a team of primadonnas who are too precious to be dropped (as Lampard should have been, for achieving precisely zero in this tournament) or with a threadbare squad that just isn't world class (one possibly world class player, Rooney, who didn't perform at all; the rest just average international players).

the buck stops with the manager, he picks the team, formation etc

Rooney should have been a lone striker all along with Gerrard just behind him, playing Gerrard on the left is a sin

no width, far too narrow, absolute rubbish Capello - resign please

and then theres his subs that he made - resign

Oh, and Bob - what did you think? (Serious question, not trying to be funny here.)

I thought it was a fking dire performance. James was alright. The defence was slow, out of position and disorganised. The midfield did the usual desperate England thing of running around a lot to little effect (compared to the Germans, who even when out of a 4-4-2 structure knew where each other were, and could take the ball on the move and pass accurately). Gerrard and Lampard, per normal form, resorted to pinging aimless long balls to absolutely zero fking effect (I'll grudgingly accept that Lampard should have had one, but that's all he's achieved for this entire tournament: one wrongly disallowed goal, zero goals, zero assists). Rooney played too deep and did nothing, and Defoe is a poor man's Ian Wright, who was a poor international striker too.

Honestly, I think any England manager is cursed. They can't drop any of the Holy Quartet (Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney and Terry) no matter how badly they play. They don't have any world class pacy players, and when your Plan B is Heskey, Upson, Wright-Phillips and Ledley King you know you're in trouble. Bring on some better Under 21 players and drop every single one of this lot. (I'd be prepared to give Milner, Lennon and Rooney the benefit of the doubt if they show some balls next season and play like they could be internationals.)

On Capello: he has to go, and he knows it, but since the press will crucify him anyway he will wait to be sacked and paid off (last job of his career, I reckon - who'd want another after the battering he's about to take). His formations were unimaginative and his subs poor, but he was hamstrung by what and who he had to work with. England players at the moment just aren't that good (can't take the ball on the move, wait for it to be played, resort to the long shot too often) and I reckon we'll get a rookie English manager next (Pearce, maybe) because any experienced manager worth his salt won't want his reputation tarnished (unless he's up for a payoff - in which case, Harry, Sam, busy now?).

Ha ha yeah, we need 3 goals ....let's bring heskey on!

Crouch must be gutted to not even be considered at that stage.

Another inept english performance from a bunch of overpaid prima donnas!

Should have took milner off and brought crouch on when we went 3-1 down and went 4-3-3, milner had 30 mins against the usa and was crap so crap in fact he got took off before half time, Joe cole should have been there not milner. There was more holes in our defense than a fishing net these past 3 games. I think capello should leave and rednapp brought in but he cant fix this team, we need to get rid of a lot a the dead wood and there is enough for a bonfire in the team.

Manager is not relevant. Performances at the moment are not relevant.

SORT IT OUT AT KIDS LEVEL.

We need the FA to start coaching kids to PASS at 4, 5, 6 and beyond. Not 16 when they join a club.

Get the FA coaches into primary, middle and upper schools teaching the basics. Then we may be able to pass a simple ball.

This World Cup stops with the FA not doing anything fifteen years ago. This would be okay now, except the current FA are doing, well F.A. on this aspect.

It starts at a young age, and until we sort that then humiliating losses will be a run of the course.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Jesus, a Redknapp team would probably mean Huddlestone and Jenas in England shirts. Terrifying.

To be honest they aren't bad players. They aren't world class but they aren't bad. Look at what Germany have achieved time and again in recent years with teams full of players we claim wouldn't get in our side.

We need the FA to start coaching kids to PASS at 4, 5, 6 and beyond. Not 16 when they join a club.

Get the FA coaches into primary, middle and upper schools teaching the basics. Then we may be able to pass a simple ball.

This World Cup stops with the FA not doing anything fifteen years ago. This would be okay now, except the current FA are doing, well F.A. on this aspect.

It starts at a young age, and until we sort that then humiliating losses will be a run of the course.

I'v ebeen making this point for years about Lampard and Gerrard, they fail to see the easy ball and spend the entire game for England giving the ball away needlessly. How many times did Ozil look for the killer ball, everytime he got it or just when it was on?

Agreed.

It's all about our style of play. Why don't we play it simple and keep hold of the ball ?????

That England World Cup performance mirrored Latics 2000/10 season in so many ways.

Keeper position not resolved

Left back dodgy

Ponderous Centreback

Other centreback not in same class

No pace at the back

Midfield went missing

Wings need sorting

Midfield could not find the same colour shirt

Midfield was carved through like a hot knife theough butter

1 main striker cannot score enough goals to carry the team

Once he is out [of form] then the tank is empty

The manager insists on player players out of positions ans stubbirnly sticks to his only know formation

Truem at least Capello did not say I don't give a monkeys what the fans think, though there is another press conference...

Edited by singe

My take on the situation (for what it's worth)

1) Deprive Bob of oxygen until he actually gives an opinion.

2) As has been said before, let's go back to basics. One thing I've noticed is the lack of movement off the ball........how many times was the ball passed to Rooney when he had 2/3 defenders around him.

3) Great move by EUFA (I think) for bringing in the home grown player rule. We might start to get our big teams i.e. Arsenal in particular bringing English players through the ranks.

Finally

4) Start bringing footballers with pace through the system instead of athletes who can just about kick a ball. Would the likes of Gascoigne, Sheriden, Scholes really get the same opportunity today.

Is the fault really Capello's...............not in my book, apart from 1 or 2 players would anyone have selected a vastly different squad.