Everton wonderkid to join Oldham on loan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to see him here.

However as it is in the mirror i question the accuracy of the report.

But with the Everton connection with Everton now through Gerrard (was their youth academy GK coach) could make this sound more possible.

Or could be pile of rubbish.

Is he the one who got into trouble with the law?

As ever, yup!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...rugs-probe.html

He is widely regarded as the most promising player to emerge from the club’s youth system since Wayne Rooney

There go our World Cup hopes in 2018 (although he has international scoring pedigree at U17 level):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Victory_Shield

He also looks quite good running at defences who don't try and tackle him.

Edited by opinions4u

Jose Baxter has targetted the upcoming season as the time to take his Everton career onto the next level.

The young Blues forward made seven appearances for the first team in the 2009/10 campaign and also picked up the prestigious Keith Tamlin Award in recognition of his talent as well as his contribution to Academy life as a whole at their End of Season Awards.

But the 18-year-old insists his targets are simple.

"Everton is a club that gives young players a good chance and our academy is brilliant," Baxter exclusively told the evertonfc.com podcast.

"The manager is also brilliant because he doesn't care about your age. He feels that if you are good enough then you are old enough and that is great for us.

"This year I want to push on in my career and hopefully get a few more first team games under my belt," he continued. "I want to progress a bit more then see what the future holds for me."

Baxter joined Everton at the age of six and scored his first goal for the senior team when he equalised at Nottingham Forest in a friendly match in July 2008.

His 77th-minute substitute appearance against Blackburn Rovers on August 16, 2008 ensured that then 16-year-old Academy graduate broke James Vaughan's record as the club's youngest first-team player at just 16 years and 191 days old.

The forward then became the youngest ever Everton player to start a game seven days later at West Brom.

After seeing the likes of Jack Rodwell and Seamus Coleman earn places in David Moyes' first team, Baxter now wants to follow in his teammates’ footsteps.

"Jack and Seamus are doing brilliantly so I aim to follow their lead this season. I am always privileged to play with them because they are great lads and great footballers.

"I have had a holiday since the end of the season but I am now back training," he added. "I want to be sharp so I can hopefully be a part of the squad that is heading out to Australia."

Baxter's first aim for the 2010/11 season is to play a role in the summer friendlies and to travel to the other side of the world with the Blues would be a dream come true for the teenager.

"I hope I do get picked for the squad as it will be amazing to go out there,” he declared. I would be privileged to go to Australia with Everton."

"Tim Cahill always tells us how great Australia is so hopefully he can arrange a few trips for us and let us know where to go," Baxter said. "It will be great for Tim to have Everton in his home country and it will be great for us too."

Unproven kid on his way, this season is going to pot already.

Personal life....................

Baxter was one of three men arrested in October 2009 in Kirkby on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possessing counterfeit money.[4]

( Taken from Wkpedia)

Personal life....................

Baxter was one of three men arrested in October 2009 in Kirkby on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply and on suspicion of possessing counterfeit money.[4]

( Taken from Wkpedia)

So what are you saying, we should never sign another Scouser?

So what are you saying, we should never sign another Scouser?

Leeslover, please show me were I have put that in my response. I cant see it....

Just providing some info from the web which hadnt been mentioned.

Leeslover, please show me were I have put that in my response. I cant see it....

Just providing some info from the web which hadnt been mentioned.

Just if we are going to worry about people with petty crime on their record that is going to rule pretty much the whole of Merseyside out :wink: