Everton wonderkid to join Oldham on loan

Done deal?

Everton Striker Baxter Goes To Oldham

Teenage Everton striker Jose Baxter has been loaned out to Oldham Athletic for the season.

Baxter made his debut for Everton aged just 16 on the opening day of the 2008/09 season and was described at the time by academy manager Ray Hall as a more complete player at that age than Wayne Rooney, but his career seems to have stalled and Jose has made just four more appearances in the two years since his debut.

Now manager David Moyes wants him to get some first-team action with the League One club.

Source: http://www.cradlebay.co.uk/index.php/2010/...-friday-2-july/

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just providing some info from the web which hadnt been mentioned.

Except it had- scroll up.

If this is true it could be very good for us, for numerous reasons.

1.) He looks like he might be able to bag a hatful of goals in this division (bearing in mind he played in the Prem 2 years ago).

2.) He has the profile of someone who'd play well alongside Pawel

3.) He might actually give some of our younger players a timely reminder of what is possible

However, his previous issues with drugs do worry me a bit as I would presume he did that when he was still living with his Mum and Dad and most of the time people get worse when they move away from home. Plus, as some posters may atest to we do have an infamous "massage palour" in our town.

If it isn't then it might not be so bad as it shows the fans reaction to such a move and instead of Jose Baxter we sign A.N.other striker on loan from a bigger Premier League club.

Also heard a little whisper that we're signing a lad from Liverpool called Sean Highdale. Who's just returning to fitness after being involved in a serious car crash which killed 2 people and injured 2 more a couple of years ago.

According to one of the Liverpool Forums he's had trials at Hudds and Mongs earlier this year - midfielder apparently...

Edited by oafcprozac

I see what the TTA are doing.

Sucessive governments have wanted to cut prison nubmers, but cannot for political reasons.

So boundary Park becomes like Ford open Prison.

Then a Parole Centre is built where the Ford stand used to be (did you see what i did there!)

Then we move to Failsworth, and Boundary Park is all but a ready built open prison.

TTA make enough money to build 4 sides a Failsworth, a tram stop as well.

According to one of the Liverpool Forums he's had trials at Hudds and Mongs earlier this year - midfielder apparently...

Indeed, he was quite highly rated at Liverpool before his incident. I don't like to say it but maybe he's not the player he was before the crash. Like it's taken something out of him. It sounded pretty damn bad. Two lads dead, another lad who was with Tranmere's reserves, Danny Moran, suffered severe brain damage, or so I read.

View of my Everton Supporting Mate:

Not heard the Oldham rumours myself but it would be a wise move for him to play regularly - see whats hes made of in a lower league. We have about10 strikers in the squad with loan returnees and new signings so Baxter has little chance of even reaching the bench. He was sub regualry at one point last year as a result of the injury masacre. He has real good ability though. Althogh im surprised Moysie never sacked him after his flat was busted with loads of cannabis.

Except it had- scroll up.

If this is true it could be very good for us, for numerous reasons.

1.) He looks like he might be able to bag a hatful of goals in this division (bearing in mind he played in the Prem 2 years ago).

2.) He has the profile of someone who'd play well alongside Pawel

3.) He might actually give some of our younger players a timely reminder of what is possible

However, his previous issues with drugs do worry me a bit as I would presume he did that when he was still living with his Mum and Dad and most of the time people get worse when they move away from home. Plus, as some posters may atest to we do have an infamous "massage palour" in our town.

If it isn't then it might not be so bad as it shows the fans reaction to such a move and instead of Jose Baxter we sign A.N.other striker on loan from a bigger Premier League club.

So what mate?, I was just sharing some info which hadnt been mentioned.

If Dickov's true to his word, Pav's place in the first 11 will be far from a given.

A fit Pav is our best striker, not for goals but for his technical and hold up play. Pav's return last season, 13 goals was it? Isn't terrible considering he's not an out of out goal scorer and that he was injured for a large chunk of the season. Keep him fit for most of the season he should be getting 15 goals (he's capable of more), alongside a real goal scoring striker that amount would look more impressive considering the goals he'll create as well.

Pawel alongside a Lee Hughes or a prime Beckett is a League One team's wet dream of a front partnership. I hope Dickov can bring in a goal scorer. I've read that this Jo Baxi guy is more of an attacking midfielder, an Ozil type player rather than an out and out striker.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Where do you think I got the info from, did you read the part on my message.

" Taken from Wykpedia"

Gives a massive clue... yawn

I don't get you, you could have been joking in which case a smiley might have been a clue. But despite the fact opinions4u posted the info when I questioned if he had been in toruble with the law. 5 hours later you say you were mentioning something which hadn't been covered in the thread when it had.

Asked my Evertonian sister what this kid's like, her response was "If he gets his head right, he has a big future. If not, Billy Kenny mk2." Said he outshone all their regulars and big names when he first broke through but Moyes wants to bring him through carefully so his opportunities have been limited. Rumour is when he got arrested he'd become a bit of a Billy Big B*ll*cks and had fallen in with the wrong crowd, but apologised to Moyes and to the club and has behaved himself since. Sounds like he might be getting sent to us to get him away from his dodgy mates as much as to get him first team football.

Because he's our technically best player maybe? Just because he doesn't run himself into the ground like Paul Warne doesn't make him lazy...

But he's not is he? And because he stands with his hands on his hips and will not move two yards for the ball does make him lazy in my book.

But he's not is he? And because he stands with his hands on his hips and will not move two yards for the ball does make him lazy in my book.

Wouldnt say hes the most techincal player, but hes certainly one of the better technical players at the club.