Latics Chairman Stands Down

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You reckon many wealthy businessmen would be interested in a 3rd division football club with dwindling attendances and a dilapidated stadium in one of the poorest towns in the country, on the doorstep of the world’s richest club and one of the worlds biggest?"

How much has really changed? Oldham's always been poor. The red scum were one of the worlds biggest and richest, :censored:ty have always had large support that could be galvanised with an investor (as has happened.) We've been 3rd division and generally dwindling for over a decade ( rose under CM but under Ritchie had attendances we've seen of late) and the stadium has been decaying bit by bit for years also. Nothing's new...the only difference now is that the land we had, our biggest asset (the real reason TTA came!), they bought back off the council and stuck straight into Brassbank...what happens to our only prized asset they removed from OAFC now? Well...what's left of it, after the bits that have already been sold off to Tom, Dick and HARRY for building to start on...

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'm not on about Failsworth. This club was dead long before that. The constant whinging about anything and everything.

Ronnie Moore

Smoking

Lookers

RRE

Scoreboard

Eardley

Half season tickets

Beer in the chaddy

Fans swearing

Lee Hughes

Sheridan

Penney

Orange kits

Carbrini kits

Managers swearing

Hands in pockets

Injuries

Physios

Players drinking

Managers drinking

Music

Announcers

Chaddy

Games being called off

Stands not being opened

Singing

Acoustics

Drums

McDonald

Whitaker

Taylor

Smalley

Alessandra

Gregan

Loanees

Admission prices

And then finally Failsworth

The only thing I don't think anyone hasn't had a go at is the flaming Blue Crew, actually, I do remember someone saying they weren't fit enough and we should have the slappers from Bradford.

yea you are right...it's all the 'fans' fault......

yea you are right...it's all the 'fans' fault......

As ever, the simpletons will try to pin the "blame" entirely on one person or group or another, when - as is always the case - the truth is a bit more complicated.

But anyone who thinks the so called fans of this club are blameless is completely deluded.

The fans and the people of Oldham are getting the football club they deserve.

Absolute f****** rubbish! They've realised the time and cost of making Failsworth happen and seen it as too much of a burden. Has cock all to do with whether fans wanted Failsworth or not...if they could've made it happen within their timeframe, what you or I think wouldn't matter. As they can't...they've upped sticks and done one! I didn't particularly want us to move but I was happy to go along with it as long as they didn't completely run the rest of the club (staff-wise, commercially etc) into the ground. They allowed that to happen and have left even die-hards disillusioned.

What happens to Brassbank now? Can anyone see the Trust? Does Harry and co keep on building behind the Chaddy? Is Corney now going to sell off the Lancaster club and re-coup his money then also do one?

Time for some truths...

Plan after plan after plan ripped up...from Scoreboards, to Oldham Arena, to manager after manager to today...

I thank them for the heart and passion they showed for the first couple of years until the apathy set in up top.

Key point.

Who owns Boundary Park? Who's building houses behind the chaddy? Who owns the lancaster club and surrounding land?

I bet that Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd. Do not.

Without the land, the club is assetless. At this point I dont care whether its Boundary Park or the Lancaster Club but the club needs to own some land itself. Rather than Brass "Blitz" Bank.

Without fans what is there?

If a shop has no customers it closes.

Our biggest ever mistake was letting Sean Jarvis go without a fight. We must have made thousands just from his marketing skills alone.

Poor manager selections meaning boring football is what stops people going. There will be 3,500-4,000 die hard Latics fans who will go whatever, but the people who push that number up to 6-7000 are the ones who want to see good football and a team who has half a chance of winning. Also going to BP isnt the most pleasant experience I have encountered over the last couple of years. All these are big factors, but you cant blame the fans for this.

We should just all blame Alan Hardy, he does f*ck all anyway. :grin:

Our biggest ever mistake was letting Sean Jarvis go without a fight. We must have made thousands just from his marketing skills alone.

Poor manager selections meaning boring football is what stops people going. There will be 3,500-4,000 die hard Latics fans who will go whatever, but the people who push that number up to 6-7000 are the ones who want to see good football and a team who has half a chance of winning. Also going to BP isnt the most pleasant experience I have encountered over the last couple of years. All these are big factors, but you cant blame the fans for this.

I think I can hear a cat coming, yes, yes I can and I believe it is now in some pigeons.....

The fans aren't buying season tickets, attendances are falling, revenue is falling. Regardless of the other factors, this isn't helping the club at all

When TTA took over they said from day one that attendances of 7,500 were needed to break even. The shortfall in attendances, the failure of the team to improve, the lack of enjoyment from the matchday experience, the :censored:e seen at BP last season, the inability of the Council to be seen to want Latics to prosper, the reduced number of season tickets, fans' declarations to exercise their right to choose which matches to attend this season and the economic recession have all combined to produce the inevitable acceptance that the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

Cheers TTA for your financial support and backing for the last few years :applause1: and good luck to TOA (quote BP1960) - you may need some, oh and a few reddies as well.

+ 1

Please keep the Faith Amigo. :pray:

And what the :censored: is Corney going to pay him in? Unsold season tickets?

*Lets go of straws and picks up cosh*

The usual medium of exchange is, I believe, money, and he might also consider offering a share of future receipts. It absolutely must be better than farming. It's a long shot, but we are where we are.