Big News on Oldham Athletic FC

There is a big name player at oldham on trial i not say his name its not fair on Paul Dickov and his hard works doesnt pay off he doesnt sign him up off me and i think he didnt sign Macken because he had this player in his mind.

The guy has played in the Premi League and been around at many clubs he is in 30ths but is a good target man i see if you know the player by his reg number and its is not Ackey car or him at oldham trying to win a deal :grin:

The photo was taken today at the training ground lanchashire club if it calls that i am not liarning about this or taken the photo off a website.

Cheers

RoyleArmy

Its Adi Akinbiyi!

Taking the piss? Abbott has been absolutely :censored:e since his injury and that includes this pre-season. We should get rid while we can.

Was this before or after he grabbing us vital points against Tranmere, Walsall, Wycombe and Stockport? He was rushed back from his injury because we had no other options, he had no consistent strike partner and was everything up top was left resting on his shoulders.

I'll tell you who was bobbins though, that Eardley guy, proper crap him one-he?

Was this before or after he grabbing us vital points against Tranmere, Walsall, Wycombe and Stockport? He was rushed back from his injury because we had no other options, he had no consistent strike partner and was everything up top was left resting on his shoulders.

I'll tell you who was bobbins though, that Eardley guy, proper crap him one-he?

He did score some vital goals but he's looked well off the pace in pre-season. He'll need to up his game as I feel he's already out of favour with PD but if it is a straight choice between Akinbiyi and Pav, I'd take Pav every time.

By Anton Russell - 11th September 2003

He’s Had A Shocker... Akinbiyi (Leicester)

Calamitous signings are, thankfully, unavoidable in football so we thought we'd pay tribute to the men that still haunt the memories of their fans now, whilst giving the rest of us permanent rib damage!

Adi Akinbiyi- Leicester City

During his time at Leicester, Ade Akinbiyi was to missing sitters what Vincent van Gogh was to painting. By the winter of 2001 he had become a comedy legend and even the Sun headlined, ‘Ade’s the worst striker in the league!’ on the front page of their sport’s section – rather kind for a tabloid.

Signed in the summer of 1999 for a record fee of £5m, Akinbiyi was seen as new boss Peter Taylor’s replacement for Emile Heskey. In hindsight he was, it was just that he was the replacement of today’s hopeless Emile Heskey, rather than the decent youngster that left for Liverpool.

For most of Akinbiyi’s first season, sitting in row Z was relatively safe as Leicester even challenged for their second successive UEFA Cup spot. However, a dramatic fall - of Ruud van Nistelrooy proportions – saw them lose nine of their last ten games.

Then came the fateful 2001/02 campaign, where the worlds of Leicester City and Ade Akinbiyi fell apart quicker than a Wolves back-four. From the outset, Leicester’s defence couldn’t even mark a lottery ticket, while the blundering Akinbiyi couldn’t strike a match.

It wasn’t long before the Nigerian’s calamities were turning ‘The Premiership’ into ‘You’ve Been Framed’ and he only made this worse when he finally broke his duck, twelve games into the season, against Sunderland. Embarrassingly, Akinbiyi celebrated by roaring around the stadium, topless, flexing his muscles (if only he spent as much time on his shooting) like he had scored a wonder goal. Unfortunately, replays showed that his six-yarder had taken a big deflection off a defender, then the post, all after he fluffed his first attempt.

By February 2002 Leicester were virtually relegated and Akinbiyi was a cult zero, having bagged just two goals from 22 appearances (and 78 entries into ‘101 Gaffes’). Astonishingly, it was then that Crystal Palace decided to pay whooping £2.2m for the misfit, when even a free transfer would have been overpriced.

To date, his time at Crystal Palace has been like his finishing – woeful. After injury, poor form and a hilarious rumour linking him with the 2002 Nigerian World Cup squad, Akinbiyi is looking for a new club with the mighty Stoke, Walsall and Gillingham all clearly disillusioned. Whatever happens with his next move, the Nigerian can take heart in the fact that he has already left his mark on Premiership football – albeit about 20 yards above most uprights.

Ade Akinbiyi we salute you…

By Anton Russell - 11th September 2003

He’s Had A Shocker... Akinbiyi (Leicester)

Calamitous signings are, thankfully, unavoidable in football so we thought we'd pay tribute to the men that still haunt the memories of their fans now, whilst giving the rest of us permanent rib damage!

Adi Akinbiyi- Leicester City

During his time at Leicester, Ade Akinbiyi was to missing sitters what Vincent van Gogh was to painting. By the winter of 2001 he had become a comedy legend and even the Sun headlined, ‘Ade’s the worst striker in the league!’ on the front page of their sport’s section – rather kind for a tabloid.

Signed in the summer of 1999 for a record fee of £5m, Akinbiyi was seen as new boss Peter Taylor’s replacement for Emile Heskey. In hindsight he was, it was just that he was the replacement of today’s hopeless Emile Heskey, rather than the decent youngster that left for Liverpool.

For most of Akinbiyi’s first season, sitting in row Z was relatively safe as Leicester even challenged for their second successive UEFA Cup spot. However, a dramatic fall - of Ruud van Nistelrooy proportions – saw them lose nine of their last ten games.

Then came the fateful 2001/02 campaign, where the worlds of Leicester City and Ade Akinbiyi fell apart quicker than a Wolves back-four. From the outset, Leicester’s defence couldn’t even mark a lottery ticket, while the blundering Akinbiyi couldn’t strike a match.

It wasn’t long before the Nigerian’s calamities were turning ‘The Premiership’ into ‘You’ve Been Framed’ and he only made this worse when he finally broke his duck, twelve games into the season, against Sunderland. Embarrassingly, Akinbiyi celebrated by roaring around the stadium, topless, flexing his muscles (if only he spent as much time on his shooting) like he had scored a wonder goal. Unfortunately, replays showed that his six-yarder had taken a big deflection off a defender, then the post, all after he fluffed his first attempt.

By February 2002 Leicester were virtually relegated and Akinbiyi was a cult zero, having bagged just two goals from 22 appearances (and 78 entries into ‘101 Gaffes’). Astonishingly, it was then that Crystal Palace decided to pay whooping £2.2m for the misfit, when even a free transfer would have been overpriced.

To date, his time at Crystal Palace has been like his finishing – woeful. After injury, poor form and a hilarious rumour linking him with the 2002 Nigerian World Cup squad, Akinbiyi is looking for a new club with the mighty Stoke, Walsall and Gillingham all clearly disillusioned. Whatever happens with his next move, the Nigerian can take heart in the fact that he has already left his mark on Premiership football – albeit about 20 yards above most uprights.

Ade Akinbiyi we salute you…

the liecester fans nicknamed him Ade Akinbadbuy. says it all

the liecester fans nicknamed him Ade Akinbadbuy. says it all

this is not even a funny joke if we sign this clown, im gonna dust down my boots and head for the training ground myself tomorrow. I have never played at the top but believe me, i can finish better than him. I would rather have had Mental back.

Did anyone listen to drivetime on Talksport last week? They have out of contract players on basically touting themselves to clubs... Nicky Weaver... Chris Perry... Ade Akinbiyi.

Akinbiyi was interviewed on Wednesday and basically he was "billy big ballacks" claiming that he wouldn't go looking for a club but it was the club who should come looking for him and who needed to sell their club to him. Bearing in mind he had a decent audience in front of him as loads of managers and club owners listen to the show, I've never heard a player who lacked so much enthusiasm, interest, motivation and displayed no hunger to play, no desire to help a club succeed and couldn't even be bothered to showcase his strengths when asked.

No wonder he has quickly lost the support of the fans at any club he's played for, no wonder he's been shipped out quicker than you can say "Michael Ricketts", no wonder he's sat gathering dust on benches in League 2.

Even the Mighty Quinn questioned after the interview "does he want a new club or not?!"

We're mad if we even give him five minutes on the training ground let alone taking up the place of someone who'd walk over broken glass to secure a contract at a football club, even one in League One.

However if we do sign Akinbiyi and put Abbott up for transfer I'll prolly give this season a miss, y'know when my favourite player gets pushed on despite him being the best striker at the club I kind of get despondent and my hopes and exciting for the season tend to mellow. But, I'm sure Dickov and co and half a brain and wouldn't make the mistake of getting rid of Abbott.

I'll wait to see a fully fit Feeney before deciding who the best striker at the club is.

Do you think we'll see a fully fit Abbott this season?