No Michah money?

BBC report on Torres states BBC Sport "understands" reports of Michah Richards being sold wide of the mark.

But BBC Sport understands that reports that English trio Wayne Bridge, Micah Richards and Shaun Wright-Phillips will be sold are wide of the mark.

Mich not for sales

EDIT MODS< I know I should wear my glasses, could you correct the title!

Edited by singe

I thought this new "home grown" player rule had been either binned or put on the back burner by uefa... :unsure:

Nope, as from this season you have to name 25 men squad and 10 of which have to be deemed home grown, though there are certain exceptions which may make the regs less of a problem.

Linky thing about squad rules and homegrown players - couple of paras from bottom

You are correct, the Premier one is slightly different in that its 8 home grown players. The same also applies to UEFA comps.

Linky thing about the premiergreed and 8 home grown peeps

Further to this, some players are going to be "rested"

Redknapp omits Woodgate

The Rules

Blog on teams most affected, seems some have been planning for a while

Now Hughes is at Fulham they might make a bid...

Possibly but didn't Hughes start to not play him before Mancini came along. Plus IIRC part of his problem is the "celebrity" lifestyle and London is going to be worse than Manchester for that.

• 2 weeks later...
In all fairness to the poster Redknapp did pretty much confirm he was interested in Richards during an interview. It's a positive

and which given the pretty straight he is not for sale must mean there is an opening somewhere.