No Pav tonight..

I think he should be kept cos we have no one else. Get someone in and then he can go.

i think brooke and eaves will play more than abbott. people can say they dont score enough but they havnt had a run in the team yet brooke looked good against wigan and looks stronger than he was last year and i would be happy with him starting. i think its going to b abbott or feeney with brooke or eaves and feeney will get the nod over abbott

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chris killen?

wayne andrews

clyde wijnhard

to name a few

could be wrong but Andrews scored no more than 11

dont know about clyde but he missed half a season and would have reached 20 if not

chris killen :blink: one decent run in 5 years......dont make me laugh :wink:

name a few more

my point is that 13 goals in a first season is not to be sniffed at, including pens

but yet some still dont like him becuase he does not put in a shift like a paul warne - we wont get out of this league on hard work alone

there are much better out there but we cant afford them

dont know about clyde but he missed half a season and would have reached 20 if not

name a few more

my point is that 13 goals in a first season is not to be sniffed at, including pens

but yet some still dont like him becuase he does not put in a shift like a paul warne - we wont get out of this league on hard work alone

i was under the impression andrews got 11 league goals but would have been more including cup. the point about killen was it was 13+ goals in an injury ravaged season. clyde wijnhard scored 13 but like u said would have been more if not for injury. im against abbott and its not that he doesnt put a shift in like warne its coz he just doesnt put effort in. players like smalley who gets slated on here for it put more effort in than abbott does.

scott vernon scored 12 in his first full season and he wasnt penalty taker.

name a few more

13 goals is definately not to be sniffed at in what is possibly the worst Latics team I have ever seen, never mind just recently. Pav is the best forward player we have at this club bar none. His hold up play is much better than he is being credited for for a start and to be able to hit double figures in the team we had last season was nothing short of a miracle. Ok, there were times where he did take too many touches but name me one striker that puts away every chance that comes their way, especially at our level. It could be a worry if he is not Dickov's cup of tea because he doesn't play to the PD blue print but I would rather see him out on the pitch than not.

Thye key to using Pav is to get someone to work alongside him, he will supply the chancesthe problem is a prolific goalscorer and not the hold up man.

from wiki so could be wrong but

killen 24 in 78

clyde 13 in 30 (didnt think he played that many)

andrews 11 in ?

davies 10

pav 13 in 38

that makes pav only lightly better than killen statistically not much to right ome about. although for some reason i think wiki only does league stats

As long as the goals are going to come from somwhere else then I suppose there is a reason to move him on. We might even get a fee for him.

At the moment though I think we should be looking at players to play off him and use the man as a target man as we don't have any better.

why is everyone missing the point that cautious Dave was in charge?

without his injury and A LOT MORE SERVICE he would have definately added to his 13

this thread is a farce, typical latics, thinking we are a better team than Pawel Abbott, when really we aint boys and girls

without his injury and A LOT MORE SERVICE he would have definately added to his 13

this thread is a farce, typical latics, thinking we are a better team than Pawel Abbott, when really we aint boys and girls

as would brooke, eaves, smalley, guy and anyone else who played up front last season works both ways

As long as the goals are going to come from somwhere else then I suppose there is a reason to move him on. We might even get a fee for him.

At the moment though I think we should be looking at players to play off him and use the man as a target man as we don't have any better.

are you forgetting about warren feeney? al be honest i have only seen him in the wigan friendly. but he spent 3 years at a higher level there has to be a reason for that also he has played for his country 34 times whereas abbott only made 1 appearance for poland u21s. and before anyone says theres a huge gap between poland and northern ireland there is 3 places between them in the rankings and before the latest rankings were anounced n.ireland were ahead of poland

I got slated all year for slagging Abbott off, as i have previously said, hes lazy, un interested, injury prone and people say he was injured most of the season but he still had the most shots in our team, so that means his shots to goals ratio would be something like 1 in 3/4? He may have 'kept us up' with his goals but he was the best of a very bad bunch last year. These goals he scored last year id say about 6 were penalties, 3 deflections and the rest were normal, for a striker of his pedigree and size is not that good. The chances that he missed cost us points as well, an example was Huddersfield away when he tried chipping keeper when 1 on 1 and not going with power or placement into corner.

Im not his biggest fan anyway :wink:

Squad: Brill, Lee, Hazell, Jarrett, Black, Jones, Stephens, Furman, Alessandra, Brooke, Feeney, Abbott, Fleming, Eaves, Holdsworth, Kompany, Matty D Carr, Bembo-Leta,Dickov.

He's in the Squad lady's.. :blush:

Yes, we established that about 12.30, but be assured he was not at the time of posting.

THAt wsa then, this is now

But PLEASE post anything you like, don;t care if you just want to get your post numbers up...!

clappy hand thing....

Edited by pukka

me. you said abbott would have added to his tally if we had a forward thinking manager. i said so would the other forwards and you replied saying only lewis guy would have

grow up

this thread title needs changing

??????

you are going on about the strikers from last year scoring one extra goal if they had better service i.e if cautious dave wasnt in charge

but i dont know why you are going on about this one extra goal thing, because nobody has mentioned it only you

you posted this:

to which i replied this:

as would brooke, eaves, smalley, guy and anyone else who played up front last season works both ways

you the said something along the lines of (forgot to get the quote) 'other than lewis guy not a chance'

so you said that the other forwards wouldnt have been able to score more goals if we were under a more adventurous gaffa than 'cautious dave'