No Pav tonight..

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickov is our manager, he won't play first choice striker. It's as simple as that, he'll play if we have injuries and suspensions, he may even chuck himself on as a sub to try and pinch an equaliser or winner, but he's not going to play 40 games alongside Feeney and bag 20 goals.

And frankly, if he wasn't manager I wouldn't want him here as a striker as I think there are better out there, no disrespect to Dickov, he's 37 and has become a journeyman since leaving Blackburn, we'll be his 7th club in 4 years, in those 4 years he's scored 10 times. In otherwords, he's over the hill, and that's why he's turning the management. I still think he might have a little bit left in the tank, but he will rightly use what is ever left for when we're struggling to field a team. He's our manager and reserve striker.

Pav on the otherhand is our best striker, 13 goals last season in a crap team with barely any service, now think how many more he could score with a consistent striker partner and midfield service. A technically gifted target man with a less than 1 in 3 goal scoring record (90 goals in 251 games). So we get rid of Pav? And rely on our unproven kids? No thanks. Pav's the best we've got and I disagree with claims that he's lazy, last season in a fair few games he dropped deeper than I would have liked.

Dickov is our manager, he won't play first choice striker. It's as simple as that, he'll play if we have injuries and suspensions, he may even chuck himself on as a sub to try and pinch an equaliser or winner, but he's not going to play 40 games alongside Feeney and bag 20 goals.

And frankly, if he wasn't manager I wouldn't want him here as a striker as I think there are better out there, no disrespect to Dickov, he's 37 and has become a journeyman since leaving Blackburn, we'll be his 7th club in 4 years, in those 4 years he's scored 10 times. In otherwords, he's over the hill, and that's why he's turning the management. I still think he might have a little bit left in the tank, but he will rightly use what is ever left for when we're struggling to field a team. He's our manager and reserve striker.

Pav on the otherhand is our best striker, 13 goals last season in a crap team with barely any service, now think how many more he could score with a consistent striker partner and midfield service. A technically gifted target man with a less than 1 in 3 goal scoring record (90 goals in 251 games). So we get rid of Pav? And rely on our unproven kids? No thanks. Pav's the best we've got and I disagree with claims that he's lazy, last season in a fair few games he dropped deeper than I would have liked.

you never know, he could, if the strikers we already have do not perform

Is this thread intended to decide who will be target number one for the boo-boys next year?? Ridiculous.........

If there is a problem within the camp, then I hope Dickov can sort it and keep Abbott because he's the only player we have (or likely to have) for next season who is a proven goal-scorer.

Edited by JoeP

hey that's my eye candy.....tut....he got me throught last season....lol.. :grin:

However, yep agree he is not been up to the task so far

He scored 13 goals, his goals kept us up. He has been up for the task.

Another player with some ability of playing football and the fans not seeing it. Eardley, Taylor, Abbott. I'm waiting for Stephens to come under fire, he must be next for or knowledgeable fans.

He may have 'kept us up' with his goals but he was the best of a very bad bunch last year.

and most of that bad bunch is still here.

unless Jones, Feeney, Dickov and Jarrett set the world alight he'll still be amongst the best of a bad bunch.

if he gets his 13 again and so does one of the others we'll be in and around the play offs - do you think he'll do worse under a more attack minded manager?

you posted this:

to which i replied this:

you the said something along the lines of (forgot to get the quote) 'other than lewis guy not a chance'

so you said that the other forwards wouldnt have been able to score more goals if we were under a more adventurous gaffa than 'cautious dave'

thats because they are crap, we could/can have Mourinho in charge and they still wouldnt bag

edit ; lets hope Eaves proves me wrong after tonight

Edited by creepy

Abbott's an impressive target/link man when he's fully fit and the weather is ok. Excellent touch, awareness and great in tight spots (:naughty:) but not a natural finisher for me, yet his goal ratio is still solid. He was pretty disappointing after his injury last season though (seemingly rushed back) but most worringly he doesn't appear to be ready/able/willing to kick on since doing pretty much the bare minimum last term.

Maybe RoyleArmy is on the money once again.....

He scored 13 goals, his goals kept us up. He has been up for the task.

Another player with some ability of playing football and the fans not seeing it. Eardley, Taylor, Abbott. I'm waiting for Stephens to come under fire, he must be next for or knowledgeable fans.

Yes he did, what I meant to say is that he has looked the same since he returned from his injury and now inthe pre-season games, the youngster are looking better.

My eye candy he is, however based on what I have seen pre-season specifically - he's not 100% to complete a full game... :disappointed:

thats because they are crap, we could/can have Mourinho in charge and they still wouldnt bag

edit ; lets hope Eaves proves me wrong after tonight

well i disagree. other than smalley who i dont see as a striker i rate them and think the young strikers will do well this year. we will see though