No Pav tonight..

once he gets himself fit and firing, then he is a handful

was not 100% last season yet he scored the goals that kept us up along with lewis guy.

he just needs to work a little harder, i must admit he has put on weight from last season.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite laughable those people who want rid of Pav given what our options are behind him.

Yes it is

Brooke managed 1 goal last season Eaves managed 0 Allesandra 0 Smalley 3? Fenney did he play much last season where he was previously and has a history of injury's how many did dickov score?.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Some people need to take their head out of his arse. So what if he was our top scorer? He only scored about 13 and a few of them were penalties! Everyone seems to forget about all the many chances he missed. Maybe if he'd taken a few more we would never have been in so much trouble. I don't like the fancy flicks he tries to pull off when a simple pass would be better and while i'm at it, he never seems to want to shoot, always needs that extra touch. If he is still here for this season then i'll get behind him but i'd much rather see one of the young lads (brooke) playing.

Anyway, rant over.

Some people need to take their head out of his arse. So what if he was our top scorer? He only scored about 13 and a few of them were penalties! Everyone seems to forget about all the many chances he missed. Maybe if he'd taken a few more we would never have been in so much trouble. I don't like the fancy flicks he tries to pull off when a simple pass would be better and while i'm at it, he never seems to want to shoot, always needs that extra touch. If he is still here for this season then i'll get behind him but i'd much rather see one of the young lads (brooke) playing.

Anyway, rant over.

How many did our next top scorer get just as a comparison?

Anyway, rant over.

Fair enough if that's what you think, but it's pish.

I'll take Pav.

3?

Correct

Which suggests that he is comfortably the best player at putting the ball in the onion bag out of whats available. Have we had better strikers in the past yes are their better around yes is their any better currently at the club no not at the moment. For me we have bigger worries than Pav abbot at the moment.

Correct

Which suggests that he is comfortably the best player at putting the ball in the onion bag out of whats available. Have we had better strikers in the past yes are their better around yes is their any better currently at the club no not at the moment. For me we have bigger worries than Pav abbot at the moment.

Or it suggests the likes of Keigan Parker, Deane Smalley and Nick Blackman are :censored: too!

Or it suggests the likes of Keigan Parker, Deane Smalley and Nick Blackman are :censored: too!

Well thats kind of the point I'm making would you rather have abbott or that dream forward line he is the best of what weve got which admittedly is a bad bunch.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Anyway, rant over.

do penalties not count now?

since the premier league

besides porter, hughes and beckett, can you name more than 2 or more players that scored a great deal more than 13 in a season, especially there 1st season at the club while carrying a injury.

since the premier league

besides porter, hughes and beckett, can you name more than 2 or more players that scored a great deal more than 13 in a season, especially there 1st season at the club while carrying a injury.

what about craig davies? didnt he get 10+ in debut season?

The southend game game last season where pav came off at half time and we put Eaves on showed why we need to keep him. First half we were a threat*, we had someone who held it up and brought people into play. In the second half we were nothing - we had someone running around and the ball came back every time.

Eaves may well end up a better player than Pav, so might brooke. Pav is a 3rd division striker, he'll have good uns, he'll have bad uns. If we get rid - then fair enough, I wont be that bothered but he will need to be replaced because at the minute we are seriously lacking in the goal scoring department.

*and pav was poor - he just held it up.

Edited by pukka

since the premier league

chris killen?

wayne andrews

clyde wijnhard

to name a few

18 man... 19 names?

The plot thickens...

And with Abbott yes he scored 13 goals last season, but how many chances did he miss that should of been scored? How many chances did he have that he missed when he could simply of passed it to a team mate in a better position?

The Abbott fan club seem to think because he bagged 13 goals and was top scorer he should be kept etc.

The Abbott fan club seem to think because he bagged 13 goals and was top scorer he should be kept etc.

I think he should be kept cos we have no one else. Get someone in and then he can go.