Abbott to Charlton for £75k

I really dislike our fans. Fine have it how you all like.

You all though Eardley was crap, now he's playing in the Prem.

You all got on Wellens back for going missing, etc, now he's in the Championship.

You all called Jermaine Johnson lazy, he's on the verge of moving to Forest for 300k.

You all think Abbott is crap, but he's going to a bigger club who will finish higher than us this season.

And you all píss and moan because we make no progress.

Edited by PlayItLivo

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a club puts in 500k, Eaves is gone. Then what? Our two target men have gone. Feeney is injured. That leaves us with

Kelly, Brooke (ooh, yes please!), Alessandra, Smalley and Dickov.

Relegation beckons. Abbott is the only consistency we have upfront.

We're such a shyte club. If Abbott goes I hope when we play Chalrton he tears us a new arsehole and rubs it in Dickhead's face.

You don't just sell your best striker, needlessly for 75k. What a load of crap. If he's good enough for Charlton he's good enough for us. This club deserves shít. Around this level you usually end up with big dopey target men (Akinfenwa, Akinbiyi, Zola, Savage, Showunmi), he actually got one with technical ability. The ability to take the ball down, a player with a bit of finesse, perfect foil for a goalscorer. And we let him swan off. We deserve shyte amateur players.

Stuff this club. We are a joke. The sooner we move to Failsworth and wither and die the better.

I can’t figure out if you’re fishing or whether you’re being serious?

I like & rate Abbott – but as I said above; if he’s not in PD’s plans; whether that is his (PD’s) own choice or whether he’s been told to plan without Abbott for financial reason; then surely it’s better we get a fee in for him and move on? If that means we can keep hold of Eaves for this season at least; surely that is better longer term bet; as Eaves will fetch more money after a season of 1st team football; and pull in a high transfer fee for the club?

From what I’ve seen of pre-season & from what Feeney told me after Weds night’s game (at Tesco petrol station!!) – Dickov is demanding an incredibly high work-rate from the players on the pitch; and he wants them to be a fit as possible. For all of Abbott’s positives (and for me; there are many in his game) – defending from / leading from the front and working from minute 1 to the 90th minute are definitely not in his armoury.

Oh, and Brooke has massively impressed me so far this pre-season. I thought he was Stalybridge player in the making; not necessarily based on outright ability; more on his lack of bite, fight and strength he showed in last seasons games. This season; he looks like he’s grafted his ass off this summer – he looks bigger, and his work-rate & effort in the games so far have; I’d say, been the stand out of all the players. He’s “manned-up” too; as his squaring up to Fox Vs Burnley and his “lively” exchanges with Zat Knight on Weds showed. Could well be a break-through season for Ryan this year – he looks ready for it IMO.

You all got on Wellens back for going missing, etc, now he's in the Championship.

You all called Jermaine Johnson lazy, he's on the verge of moving to Forest for 300k.

You all think Abbott is crap, but he's going to a bigger club who will finish higher than us this season.

Yeah its you against the world ain't it mate. Calm down and at least wait until the new season start, you never know, PD being an experienced striker may actually know a thing or two about eh strikers.

Some Latics fans You all thought Eardley was crap, now he's playing in the Prem.

Some Latics fans You all got on Wellens back for going missing, etc, now he's in the Championship.

Some Latics fans You all called Jermaine Johnson lazy, he's on the verge of moving to Forest for 300k.

Some Latics fans You all think Abbott is crap, but he's going to a bigger club who may will finish higher than us this season.

And some (like me) you all Swear word and moan because we make no progress.

Just thought I'd edit the errors you obviously missed in your post (rant or whatever you call it) for you. No need to thank me, its all part of the service.

If a club puts in 500k, Eaves is gone. Then what? Our two target men have gone. Feeney is injured. That leaves us with

Kelly, Brooke (ooh, yes please!), Alessandra, Smalley and Dickov.

Relegation beckons. Abbott is the only consistency we have upfront.

We're such a shyte club. If Abbott goes I hope when we play Chalrton he tears us a new arsehole and rubs it in Dickhead's face.

You don't just sell your best striker, needlessly for 75k. What a load of crap. If he's good enough for Charlton he's good enough for us. This club deserves shít. Around this level you usually end up with big dopey target men (Akinfenwa, Akinbiyi, Zola, Savage, Showunmi), he actually got one with technical ability. The ability to take the ball down, a player with a bit of finesse, perfect foil for a goalscorer. And we let him swan off. We deserve shyte amateur players.

Stuff this club. We are a joke. The sooner we move to Failsworth and wither and die the better.

Well if Abbott goes we might not need to accept an offer for Eaves?

'We're sucha shyte club.' Some fan you are eh?

Best striker? Because you clearly see him training everyday?

Maybe PD an ex prem striker, knows a thing or two about strikers and how to make it at a higher level?

Also take it you havent been to any friendlies yet this season, brookes been good and looks as though he will bag a few goals next season

If we can get £75k for Abbott then excellent. If he doesn't want to be here, he'd only go next year for nothing when his contract is up.

By him going though, it makes me think that Eaves will be here for the next season and Dickov believes he still has another season in him.

Well if Abbott goes we might not need to accept an offer for Eaves?

'We're sucha shyte club.' Some fan you are eh?

Best striker? Because you clearly see him training everyday?

Maybe PD an ex prem striker, knows a thing or two about strikers and how to make it at a higher level?

Also take it you havent been to any friendlies yet this season, brookes been good and looks as though he will bag a few goals next season

from what Ive seen over the last few games at tranmere it will be brooke and another up front.

great prospect who seems to have picked up a little nasty streak to his game,which can only be good

from what Ive seen over the last few games at tranmere it will be brooke and another up front.

great prospect who seems to have picked up a little nasty streak to his game,which can only be good

As I posted earlier in this thread (below) - glad i'm not the only one to notice the changes in young Ryan's game:

Oh, and Brooke has massively impressed me so far this pre-season. I thought he was Stalybridge player in the making; not necessarily based on outright ability; more on his lack of bite, fight and strength he showed in last seasons games. This season; he looks like he’s grafted his ass off this summer – he looks bigger, and his work-rate & effort in the games so far have; I’d say, been the stand out of all the players. He’s “manned-up” too; as his squaring up to Fox Vs Burnley and his “lively” exchanges with Zat Knight on Weds showed. Could well be a break-through season for Ryan this year – he looks ready for it IMO.

What a joke.

He's our best striker, he's one of the most technically gifted strikers in the division, his hold up play would compliment a goal scoring striker perfectly and he's capable of chipping in with a second striker amount of goal (12-16).

I'll be gutted if this happens, Feeney's not been here for 5 minutes and he's already injured, we've got a promising player in Eaves who's likely to be sold. Future Stalybridge Celtic hall of famers Ryan Brooke and Lewis Alessandra, some amateur player from Ireland, which bascially equates to kick about on a park with some mates level of football, and a over the hill Paul Dickov.

Stuff you Dickov, Abbott should be getting another 2 year deal, not forced out of the club.

Pawel Abbott Oldham's No 9.

We never retain our top goalscorers (Beckett, Porter, Davies, Hughes and now Abbott) no wonder we don't make any bloody progress.

say the same to royle when redfearn left after being 'forced out' through not playing in his favoured position did you??

like others on here I agree pav has ability and is technically one of the best weve had, but after his op he was :censored:e i have to agree, and if he wont run around and put in the effort for the team like evryone else and Dickov wants then 75k it is and see you later Pav.

He is manager and does as he sees fit/is told to do re wages whether we like it or not. Fergie proabably had the same reaction when he sold ronaldo 80m or not.

Oh and if you think we will miss Abbott, you clearly havent been to the wigan or bolton games, he rightfully would struggle to get in the team.

As I posted earlier in this thread (below) - glad i'm not the only one to notice the changes in young Ryan's game:

fair do's didn't read the whole thread

will be very interesting to see how his composure is when presented with a chance at this level.

but for dickov to start him in all of the last 3 home games says a lot

fair do's didn't read the whole thread

will be very interesting to see how his composure is when presented with a chance at this level.

but for dickov to start him in all of the last 3 home games says a lot

The whole Big Joe “most natural finisher at the club” line usually covers that no?

He took his debut goal at Walsall really well and put his head in where it hurts for his 1 & only goals last season Vs Colchester. I don’t think he lacks composure in front of goal.

Big season for him & Eaves this; it increasingly looks like they’re going to get their chance (deservedly on their showings so far) – so it’s down to them to take their chances when they get them and thus keep their places on merit.

Calm down the premier league's not started, Holloway could still bring someone in better then him (although I do wish we'd have held onto him)

Best player we've had at BP for a while.

Doesn't mean he wasn't lazy just cause he's moving to another club.

Going to a bigger club who, like us are cutting their costs in regards to wages etc, hence Jonjo Shelvey going to Liverpool. They're lowering their expenditure and now Abbott fits in whereas if they'd gone up or had a big backer pumping money in they wouldn't be smelling round him at all.

So has this been officially confirmed anywhere yet? Although their does seem to be a fair amount of smoke here to suggest its true.

I'm one of those who rates abbott and considering the other options is a gamble, Brooke and Eaves though promising are raw and in experienced, Feeney is proven but hasn't done too much in the last couple of years and is injury prone, Allesandra seems to be back in the picture although he is very much an enigma, and the new guy Kelly is unproven. Its a big call from Dickov if its true and its the type of thing he as a manager will live and die by. It would suggest he is going to invest alot of faith in both Brooke and Eaves lets hope it works out for the best. Fingers crossed

I'd take £75k for Abbott. He looks a real classy player at times but there's a reason he's been ploughing the depths of League's 1 and 2 for a good while. His ball striking often leaves a lot to be desired too, so when people hail his natural 'technical ability' I'll assume they're on about his undouted flair, touch and close control.

Parker never misses the stand.

Your turn :wink:

:lol: I just knew I was setting myself for something along those lines.

Seriously though Beckett, Porter, Hughes always missed plenty you have to there to miss them. Andy Ritchie wasn't adverse to missing a few either including the odd penalty.