Lewis Alessandra

I'd expect nothing less from him and Smalley, their arses should be twitching, with them coming into the final year of their contract and no guarantee of first team football. When they get their chances they need to grab it with both hands.

but if they do that wont the ref book them and give a freekick for deliberate handball??

I'd expect nothing less from him and Smalley, their arses should be twitching, with them coming into the final year of their contract and no guarantee of first team football. When they get their chances they need to grab it with both hands.

Does one of them still have another year as IIRC they both got new contracts around the same time but one got an extra year

I''ve always raved about Alessandra....in many previous posts. He is a player with very good technique...he and Stephens would have the best technique in the squad...and Jarrett as well.

These kind of players keep the fans coming back because you appreciate they have a skill that the fan doesn't have, rather than watching players like Worthington/Colbeck. If we wanted to see a team of grafters with nothing else you would go and watch park football.

Alessandra obviously wasn't DP's cup of tea - it gives you an idea how much of a negative impact not being a managers cup of tea can have on a players career.

Look forward to seeing him and Stephens link up this season, Stephens must be overjoyed at the prospect playing with a skilful player after the proverbial 'shower' last season.

I also think Smalley missed him last season...they always play well when they are on the pitch together.

I've always liked Alessandra - offers a bit of craft. I've never been convinced hes a natural striker, but that doesn't make him a bad forward player at all. I'm not surprised hes been converted into a winger (or maybe someone playing off the front man / front 2). I'm hoping he can show us some of his early promise.