Jack Gordon - We salute you

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£1200 was raised and is either still set aside or been used to pay for the PA upgrade a few years ago

Thanks for clarifying.

Re: Jack, well done that man! There aren't half some miserable bastards around to find something to be miserable about in that story.

Thanks for clarifying.

Re: Jack, well done that man! There aren't half some miserable bastards around to find something to be miserable about in that story.

The Beauty of the story was his attitude, 'fans together helping their club - either a quid a week or one donation'

£1200 was raised and is either still set aside or been used to pay for the PA upgrade a few years ago

Hang on..."is either set aside" or "been used"...so you don't actually know. And to say that the PA system has had an upgrade in recent years...from what? A grammaphone to a tape cassette player? Whoever's told you that lot...I don't believe a word of it...anyhow...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Hang on..."is either set aside" or "been used"...so you don't actually know. And to say that the PA system has had an upgrade in recent years...from what? A grammaphone to a tape cassette player? Whoever's told you that lot...I don't believe a word of it...anyhow...

The PA system was upgraded a few years ago, the main stand speakers are better nowadays, the mics they use are new and the PA Box as also had some new equipment.

At the time I was told they were thinking of using the scoreboard money to pay for this - nothing was confirmed, they may have used the money therefore it could still be in a fund somewhere if they didnt use it.

I will ask.

The PA system was upgraded a few years ago, the main stand speakers are better nowadays, the mics they use are new and the PA Box as also had some new equipment.

At the time I was told they were thinking of using the scoreboard money to pay for this - nothing was confirmed, they may have used the money therefore it could still be in a fund somewhere if they didnt use it.

I will ask.

Its always the problem with those target driven types of funds... What happens if the target isn't met... Good idea to say it will be given to charity / used for other purposes then no one can moan...

I guess it isn't a problem with the player fund... No matter if it is £1 or £200,000, one would be expecting the money to go to the club regardless... ?

Edited by oafc0000

Its always the problem with those target driven types of funds... What happens if the target isn't met... Good idea to say it will be given to charity / used for other purposes then no one can moan...

I guess it isn't a problem with the player fund... No matter if it is £1 or £200,000, one would be expecting the money to go to the club regardless... ?

Nope, the playershare fund will always to to the playing squad... we have enough right now to pay the wages of a decent player for a month or two so that target is already achieved???

We have no monetry target, we just want to have enough in the fund to aid the team IF needed.

The money will always be seperate from the club, if we are taken over by a sheik tomorrow the player share money would still be used for a player, :wink:

Nope, the playershare fund will always to to the playing squad... we have enough right now to pay the wages of a decent player for a month or two so that target is already achieved???

We have no monetry target, we just want to have enough in the fund to aid the team IF needed.

The money will always be seperate from the club, if we are taken over by a sheik tomorrow the player share money would still be used for a player, :wink:

I echo the statement of Rick. It is for one purpose only. The honesty and integrity of the scheme replies on the objectives we have set.

I am still encouraging people to join us and other methods of marketing will occur next week.

If you are stuck with the on line method please shout up and we will guide you to other methods of payment. Thanks to all those who have joined to date and for donations received.

Barry

Sorry to be negative on a very positive story, but the admission here that there may or may not be 1200 pounds somewhere in a Trust account which may or may not have been used for something or other is enough for me not to want to contribute to another trust scheme. I will give money directly to the club.

Sorry to be negative on a very positive story, but the admission here that there may or may not be 1200 pounds somewhere in a Trust account which may or may not have been used for something or other is enough for me not to want to contribute to another trust scheme. I will give money directly to the club.

The scoreboard fund was absolutely nothing to do with the Trust (it was a club initiative) so wind your neck in getting excited thinking that you have another opportunity to have a dig at the Trust.

The scoreboard fund was absolutely nothing to do with the Trust (it was a club initiative) so wind your neck in getting excited thinking that you have another opportunity to have a dig at the Trust.

Still the fans money regardless in my job if £1200 goes missing Im all over them asking questions if iI can't get an answer I go to their boss and if necessary their boss until I find out whats happened its basic accountancy. Although before we hang the trust lets give wardle and Barry the chance to findout the answer to this.

+1

I was trying to answer a question that was asked, I used to put money into the scoreboard fund and asked what was happening with it a while ago.

At least others can see 'lets have a pop attitude

It was the clubs money to use in the best way fit.

+1

I was trying to answer a question that was asked, I used to put money into the scoreboard fund and asked what was happening with it a while ago.

At least others can see 'lets have a pop attitude

It was the clubs money to use in the best way fit.

If the question had nothing to do with anything that has to do with the Trust, why did you give a stupid answer to it? You could have said that it wasn't a Trust fund issue rather than make some :censored: up that makes you look ridiculous. Jesus.

If the question had nothing to do with anything that has to do with the Trust, why did you give a stupid answer to it? You could have said that it wasn't a Trust fund issue rather than make some :censored: up that makes you look ridiculous. Jesus.

I must admit by Wardle responding I automatically presumed it was a trust related fund at that point....

And as for you Mr Magoo - I will put my money up where I think it counts. When one of three people people who are looking after a pot of money thinks it's OK not to know if money is in a pot or has been spent, I won't put money into his pot. Wind your own neck in. Some of us have seen all sorts of situations in life with numerous pots of money lost/not accounted for, not through theft, which I don't suspect for a second, but through poor administration and lack of clarity of purpose. If people like me getting :censored:ty and asking the questions that need to be answered results in a Trust that is worth the name, you can thank me.

And as for you Mr Magoo - I will put my money up where I think it counts. When one of three people people who are looking after a pot of money thinks it's OK not to know if money is in a pot or has been spent, I won't put money into his pot. Wind your own neck in. Some of us have seen all sorts of situations in life with numerous pots of money lost/not accounted for, not through theft, which I don't suspect for a second, but through poor administration and lack of clarity of purpose. If people like me getting :censored:ty and asking the questions that need to be answered results in a Trust that is worth the name, you can thank me.

There does not need to be any arguments on these issues. Everyone makes choices whatever they think of the Trust. Thank you to those who support and stick up for us. After all we are only trying to do a job that will help the club.

What I cannot take on the chin is any suggestion that might impinge on our honesty and integrity. The Playershare Scheme has been set up with Trust Directors and fans on its Sub=Committee. It has a totally independent account for the purpose it was intended.

On the Scoreboard issue I understand that was a project undertaken by Sean Jarvis and not Trust related in any way.

To be perfectly blunt our work on the Trust takes us from behind our computer keyboards and we would welcome fans to help us in our marketing work in the next few months.

Barry

There does not need to be any arguments on these issues. Everyone makes choices whatever they think of the Trust. Thank you to those who support and stick up for us. After all we are only trying to do a job that will help the club.

What I cannot take on the chin is any suggestion that might impinge on our honesty and integrity. The Playershare Scheme has been set up with Trust Directors and fans on its Sub=Committee. It has a totally independent account for the purpose it was intended.

On the Scoreboard issue I understand that was a project undertaken by Sean Jarvis and not Trust related in any way.

To be perfectly blunt our work on the Trust takes us from behind our computer keyboards and we would welcome fans to help us in our marketing work in the next few months.

Barry

Barry

To be clear, I was not making any suggestions against the integrity of anyone involved, simply pointing out why I do not myself have confidence that this is the best way to support the club at this point. As I think you know I have no problem coming away from my keyboard in a variety of ways.

To be fair you was a bit of a dunce for bringing the current economical climate into it... :)

Was I? So lots of people have £1K going spare in this day & age? A donation of that level; in these times, is a big deal.......

Edited by slystallone