Eaves to Bolton

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What feckin use is £200k?

What's the point of a 5 year contract and then let him go for peanuts? Isn't the point of a long term deal is to hold out for a better deal?

Surely the correct strategy would have been to play him in every game until January, let him bang a few goals to raise his profile and value, and then see if we could get £500k in January? Couldn't the money men have held out for 5 months to get a better return??

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

I just hope that PD has had some say in it.

I'd be a little suprised at£200k, as we already rejected that bid.

Still see it as on par with Micah, if hoes well and we get a decent ad on hpapy days

If he does not, it will turn out to be a good bit of business.

I hope some is given to Blitz it helps him out of any reported difficulty, adn menas he is not chomping at the bit for some of his money.

Adn PD get a bit too,

Happy we give the youngster s chance

So if we could sign one player, no transfer fees, including a loan, which position would you strengthen?

GK, or CB or Wing or CF?

I'd leave the GK for emergencies if Btill get sinjured, CB seems to be covered OK by Jarrett, Wingers seem an issue but Lewia nd Taylor would seem OK

Niggling feeling we need a striker, we seem a bit lightweight there. Maybe a 3 month Prem youngster loan.

And Tony B, it was set up for

Eaves Leaves

or

Eaves, shoots and leaves

Good Luck and allt he best Tom.

Edited by singe

What's the point of a 5 year contract and then let him go for peanuts? Isn't the point of a long term deal is to hold out for a better deal?

Surely the correct strategy would have been to play him in every game until January, let him bang a few goals to raise his profile and value, and then see if we could get £500k in January? Couldn't the money men have held out for 5 months to get a better return??

If, SSN is true.

They may have put 2 and 2 together fro the Blackpool bid.

Edited by singe

Nothing...

If we can't make serious money out of a promising youngster being chased by several Premiership clubs, then you have to ask yourself if our club and others at a similar level are ever going to survive...

OR

What the feck is going on in the club....

That takes the piss...

The fee is pretty immaterial regarding the current first team and squad, as whether it was 200K or 500K it is very unlikely that Dickov will see any of it to replace him or strength the squad.

Would have helped reduce the debt by more though.

Oh well.... see him back at BP in next year's Championship then! :grin:

SSN reporting £200,000

I cant believe thats right, unless the add-ons are massive.

Warnock was on the radio t'other day tho saying its usually the selling club who requests the 'undisclosed fee' because they've bin shafted.

That would only work if he actually did bang in a few or any goals, we could have ended up with a lot less or nothing in January., they have bought him on the back of one friendly match, a very risky strategy if you ask me.

I cant believe thats right, unless the add-ons are massive.

Warnock was on the radio t'other day tho saying its usually the selling club who requests the 'undisclosed fee' because they've bin shafted.

Give his age and contract I just don't understand how we would get shafted for such a low amount... :(

Suppose this was always coming - I recall our resident scout BP1960 earmarking Eaves for bigger things about 2 years ago. Not too displeased as I didn't view him as a first team player, which is why I wouldn't be interested in loaning him back. Hopefully he will kick on and we will receive some 'add-ons' and/or a sell on.

That would only work if he actually did bang in a few or any goals, we could have ended up with a lot less or nothing in January., they have bought him on the back of one friendly match, a very risky strategy if you ask me.

I'm sure he would have bagged a few in this season's team...

If it is 200k that is very poor for a lad of 18. I agree with most above, If this is true, the club is in a more dire financial situation than we have been told VERY VERY worrying times :ranting: I hope someone at the club comes out and tells us the truth. But i doubt it!