• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which it isnt

Reject a 250k bid from Blackpool, then accept 200k from bolton,

I doubt even Latics are that dumb

Unless its another 50k after a certain amount of games , then another 50k after another amount etc , with a bigger sell on clause

Unless its another 50k after a certain amount of games , then another 50k after another amount etc , with a bigger sell on clause

Which again I very much doubt, as the blackpool deal would have given us more guaranteed cash. Unless its a case of 200k now plus other clauses which result in a guaranteed payment, unlike appearance clauses and sell on clauses.

How much is a striker worth who hasn't scored a goal for us? I'd be disappointed with £200k, it needs to be more because he has good potential if he is developed properly. £350k would be a fair price plus add on's. He's also gone to Bolton so if he does do well and bigger clubs are interested Bolton won't be able to keep hold of him like Citeh can with Richards.

All the best Tom.

Who cares.

We've just got cash for a player that has never scored a first team goal, and no-one knows if he ever will... for anyone. Money for 'young' rope to me.

Good luck Tom, hope you make a go it it. I wont be losing any sleep over your departure.

And the undisclosed fee... its exactly that. Undisclosed. No point getting all your knickers in a twizz over SSN, who dont bloody know either.

... a good bit of business....

Eaves went for £350k upfront, the fee was agreed last week but as I said last week we lose £87.5k due to 10% to the agent, 10% to the player and 5% to the FL which is common in all transfers but never really publicised. So in effect we got £260k upfront after deductions with add ons to come if he's good enough.

Oh and if letting Eaves goes means that Dale can now be offered his new deal then so be it....

Which again I very much doubt, as the blackpool deal would have given us more guaranteed cash. Unless its a case of 200k now plus other clauses which result in a guaranteed payment, unlike appearance clauses and sell on clauses.

Good point, they would need to be guaranteed. Maybe a cheeky fee if he gets an England cap ? :wink:

People need to stop flapping about the speculated fee.

There were a few clubs in for him. Therefore we can't have been screwed down to bottom dollar. £200k wouldn't be bad anyway....if he flops great business, if he's a success; add ons and/or sell on.

£200k was rejected weeks ago when Blackpool were sniffing round...

As was said previously, walsall only got 400k or so for Deeney who has scored goals at first team level. Given the number of teams interested in the lad would have been nice to get half a mill, but at the end of the day we have to consider we no longer have a benefactor writing weekly cheques to cover the losses.

£200k was rejected weeks ago when Blackpool were sniffing round...

And you reckon we since got £350k - great stuff. Had only one club been in for him then I suspect we would have only gotten the £200k.

Obviously Hollaway doesn't think he's worth what you reckon we got.

Oh and if letting Eaves goes means that Dale can now be offered his new deal then so be it....

Spot on. It has already been stated the Eaves money paid for Tankoure and M'Voto. If that also means we have the cash to tie down Dale then it is a fantastic deal for the club.

2 Players for the season, Plus a contract for currently our most influential player, and a bit of cash to curb the debt (or sit in the 2TA's bank account - whatever) - That is a fantastic deal for this football club, in exchange for a young, totally unporven player.