Eaves to Bolton

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly we do not know how much we've got for Eaves but if we take the general assumption that it is £200-£250k plus add ons, that really doesn't seem too bad to me. Like it or not, we are currently in a very perilous financial situation. We have no backers and so need to be as close to self sustaining as possible. This money will go a long way towards keeping us going for the next few months.

I've not got any statistics, but how many teenagers from League one have been sold for more than £200k in the last three years? I would guess not many, and would be even more convinced if that was extended to teenage strikers who have never scored a competitive first team goal.

It would have been nice to get more, but presumably there wasn't any more on offer. We've been told that three clubs were after him but the size of the transfer fee must reflect what all three of those clubs perceived as his value.

As for whether the club should tell us the fee, I don't understand the argument. It is, as has been stated in this thread, common practice not to disclose fees these days for a number of reasons. It cannot be in our best interests to have other clubs knowing how much we have received as we try to negotiate other deals. This is particularly relavant due to the complexity of most transfers. To give a full disclosure of the fee, you would have to start quoting agents fees, signing on fees etc. which would breach confidence with third parties. The fact that the Trust has a shareholding doesn't really change anything. The transfer fee will be in the annual accounts next year at which point we will get to find out. In the mean time, I wouldn't expect shareholders to be given this type of information.

Eaves went for £350k upfront, the fee was agreed last week but as I said last week we lose £87.5k due to 10% to the agent, 10% to the player and 5% to the FL which is common in all transfers but never really publicised. So in effect we got £260k upfront after deductions with add ons to come if he's good enough.

Oh and if letting Eaves goes means that Dale can now be offered his new deal then so be it....

Why pay an agent if both clubs agree a deal between themselves, this is what' s wrong with football agents rule the roost and no one can think for themselves,?

I'm not up on footy contracts but if Eaves was already signed to a five year deal, would Bolton not have to buy that contrct from us? So if Eaves was on say £500 a week for say 2 years and had a clause to negotiate with appearances that would be worth over the 5 years around 200K (ish).

So if I was Latics I would want the contract bought out and a transfer fee with clauses? In my head 350K looked good on paper.

If none of this is the case whats the point in signing Stephens on a long term contract? Its just a waste of time isn't it? :huh:

We need to bring in an established striker though to partner Feeney. I like that we have Kelly, Bembo, Brooke, Alessandra as back up and Dickov if needed but I think we're still ight without another experienced frontman. Tounkara is no better than Eaves, he's a big dope. You might think that's a pre-mature conclusion but just wait, after 6 games you'll all be saying it. He's a donkey. As I've said before ITM is available for a nominal fee and is the type of player that would fit in nicely with Dickov's set up, failing that there's got to be another experienced striker out there we can get in that isn't Jon Macken. Did Stern John end up with a club?

We need to bring in an established striker though to partner Feeney. I like that we have Kelly, Bembo, Brooke, Alessandra as back up and Dickov if needed but I think we're still ight without another experienced frontman. Tounkara is no better than Eaves, he's a big dope. You might think that's a pre-mature conclusion but just wait, after 6 games you'll all be saying it. He's a donkey. As I've said before ITM is available for a nominal fee and is the type of player that would fit in nicely with Dickov's set up, failing that there's got to be another experienced striker out there we can get in that isn't Jon Macken. Did Stern John end up with a club?

Honestly. You call Tounkure a big dope after one game and then suggest bringing in Stern John? Sod it. Perhaps we should have signed Akinbiyi. Bugger that, whats Jason Lee doing. Perhape we could also convince Wayne Allison to come out of retirement?

.. and lets cut this ITM chat. The only reason he would turn up at Oldham again is to undertake another pre-meditated dash to daddy at the lat minute.

We have what we have got. and have actually looked decent for the last two games. Happy days.

Honestly. You call Tounkure a big dope after one game and then suggest bringing in Stern John? Sod it. Perhaps we should have signed Akinbiyi. Bugger that, whats Jason Lee doing. Perhape we could also convince Wayne Allison to come out of retirement?

Stern John would score goals at this level, as he has done in The Championship.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31055&st=0

Me and a few others told everyone on here he was going for around 300k a while ago.

Some people need to get real - at present, we cannot afford to turn down 300k. Two of our three backers have left, FFS.

Edited by Yard Dog

Eaves went for £350k upfront, the fee was agreed last week but as I said last week we lose £87.5k due to 10% to the agent, 10% to the player and 5% to the FL which is common in all transfers but never really publicised. So in effect we got £260k upfront after deductions with add ons to come if he's good enough.

Oh and if letting Eaves goes means that Dale can now be offered his new deal then so be it....

Why does Eaves get 10%?

I've not got any statistics, but how many teenagers from League one have been sold for more than £200k in the last three years? I would guess not many, and would be even more convinced if that was extended to teenage strikers who have never scored a competitive first team goal.

Nicky Maynard - Crewe to Bristol City - Fee £2.25m

Granted he was 21 but still...

What was the point in us tying Eaves to a 5 year contract if we was going to sell him?

We'll never move forward if we keep selling our best potential prospect.

Why the fook does Eaves got 10%?

Nicky Maynard - Crewe to Bristol City - Fee £2.25m

Granted he was 21 but still...

Eaves and his agent get a cut because he didn't ask for the transfer.

Maynard was a proven striker at our level and, as you say, 3 years older. Incidentally, I doubt very much that you will find a team spending that sort of money on a lower league striker again or at least, not for a very long time.

On the subject of not disclosing the fee, amongst the other sensible comments on here regarding various slices of the pie, maybe Bolton would like to reduce the expectations of their own fans to lighten the burden on the player's shoulders?

Whats the point in signing Stephens on a long term contract if Eaves on a five year deal goes for a reported 200K Its just a waste of time isn't it?

Stephens is showing what he can do in the first-team on a regular basis. That's the differencce. He'd go for more than what Eaves has gone for. If we don't sign him on a contract we risk losing him for a lot less in January or when his contract runs out at the end of the season.

Anyone specualting on targets needs to realise that any money coming in will simply go to the we-owe-TTA-a-shed-load fund. Dickov will not see a cent.

that would depend on whether messer galzal n blitz have requested there money back...which considering when blitz left he said he wouldnt call his loans in i cant see it being the case for a small amount.

makes me laugh how many turn on the club and those who run it the moment they think they have been shafted.

this long drawn out process he has gone through just shows how the big boys work....he hasnt scored a single league goal for us has he??

if he had took half his chances last season he wouldnt have been here at the pre season stage this season anyway,he would have gone at the end of last season.

people saying we want transparency from the trust...why....the trust dont pay the bills the wages or sanction transfers,the club does,and in this day and age clubs dont do transparency.

good luck to him,i hope he makes it,and thanks for some cash,however much or less it is

Specially if we don't have confidence they will develop into anything of note...

anybody who has been to bp last season and watched how dale has performed know exactly how good he is going to be in the future,eaves on the other hand is debateable.

no first team goals to show for his appearances....not much in the way of contribution to the team.

if we dont sign stephens upto a new deal and he has another very good season,he goes for next to nothing,then people can rightly have a good moan over it.

that would depend on whether messer galzal n blitz have requested there money back...which considering when blitz left he said he wouldnt call his loans in i cant see it being the case for a small amount.

makes me laugh how many turn on the club and those who run it the moment they think they have been shafted.

I'm far from turning on Blitz, not a doubt in my mind we'd be dead and buried without him.

However I don't blame him for a second for getting on the blower and asking for that £200k. It's his money effectively and whilst I may be wrong I've heard nothing formal about his removal from the board (just saying you quit doesn't make it so!) - meaning he could well be in control to take it back if he so pleased.

I'm far from turning on Blitz, not a doubt in my mind we'd be dead and buried without him.

However I don't blame him for a second for getting on the blower and asking for that £200k. It's his money effectively and whilst I may be wrong I've heard nothing formal about his removal from the board (just saying you quit doesn't make it so!) - meaning he could well be in control to take it back if he so pleased.

thats is true,and im not necessarilly meaning yourself when i say fans turn on the club...there are enough people already in this thread with axes to grind apparently

What feckin use is £200k?

What's the point of a 5 year contract and then let him go for peanuts? Isn't the point of a long term deal is to hold out for a better deal?

Surely the correct strategy would have been to play him in every game until January, let him bang a few goals to raise his profile and value, and then see if we could get £500k in January? Couldn't the money men have held out for 5 months to get a better return??

:ranting::ranting::ranting:

totally agree.........but with alan `don`t panic` hardy as our main negotiation man.............no chance........never has happened.........never will !!!!!!!