• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheff Weds forum is a good example. Not entirely sure what happened without checking, possibly that the board was closed under threat of legal proceedings by the then club Chairman (or was he ex- by then?).

It just shows - people need to be wary of the difference between expressing an opinion on somebody and posting potentially libellous material (i.e. lies) about them.

It only takes one case to close this place for good.

Unfortunately, legal precedent says differently.

Both posters and board owners have been successfully sued for libel in the past and boards have been taken offline either permanently or until the offending material has been removed.

I understand that...

Sheff Weds forum is a good example. Not entirely sure what happened without checking, possibly that the board was closed under threat of legal proceedings by the then club Chairman (or was he ex- by then?).

It just shows - people need to be wary of the difference between expressing an opinion on somebody and posting potentially libelous material (i.e. lies) about them.

It only takes one case to close this place for good.

I'm at work so I will be brief and pop back at lunch to look further, as someone just pointed this out to me.

I'm unaware of any libelous comments made on this thread, it's been monitored by the Mods as all threads are and with extra vigor given the content. Alan Hardy is a regular reader of the board and never shy's away from reporting swearing to us so I feel if he'd seen something he was unhappy with he'd have mentioned it.

It seems unlikely that AH would leap to a libel suit given the amount of money OWTB makes the club but if you feel there are comments that could be used in that way I'd be very happy for you to report them to me.

No need for alarm Ackey - I was merely responding to a comment about libel that I felt worthy of clarification.

I don't believe there is anything libellous in this thread, and would report it if I seriously thought it was.

I definitely wouldn't expect Alan to sue OWTB! :lol:

Edited by garcon

No need for alarm Ackey - I was merely responding to a comment about libel that I felt worthy of clarification.

I don't believe there is anything libellous in this thread, and would report it if I seriously thought it was.

I definitely wouldn't expect Alan to sue OWTB! :lol:

Good-oh. My Boots wrap was dreadful for those interested.