Eaves back in on loan?

Chron alludes to this, depending on movement out of the club and Bolton deciding on whether it would be useful in his development...

Eaves

"Looking further ahead, Dickov hinted that more movement could take place into the club before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

Players would probably have to leave first, while Tom Eaves — recently signed by Bolton — could be on his way back on loan if the Premier League club feel it is appropriate to his development.

Dickov said: “I am happy with our squad but I wouldn’t be doing my job properly if I wasn’t constantly looking at other players.”

Edited by oafcprozac

Chron alludes to this, depending on movement out of the club and Bolton deciding on whether it would be useful in his development...

Whilst I know a lot of us said never go back, we are lacking a little on the options up front. especially with Feeney away on Internation duty.

I'd reconsider it now, in the cold light of day.

Eaves

"Looking further ahead, Dickov hinted that more movement could take place into the club before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

Players would probably have to leave first, while Tom Eaves — recently signed by Bolton — could be on his way back on loan if the Premier League club feel it is appropriate to his development.

Dickov said: “I am happy with our squad but I wouldn’t be doing my job properly if I wasn’t constantly looking at other players.”

funny that, PD either says the same sentence to Matthew Chambers or Chambers subscribes to LP

No thanks, if we need another striker we should go for someone with experience. We don't want the responsibility of having to play Eaves to get game time. Bolton won't want to send him out to sit on the bench, they'll want assurances he'll play, we might as well play Bembo, Crompton, Kelly and eventually Brooke and develop them if we're trying unproven youngsters. We have Tounkara as well.

I'm all for us getting another striker, but it should someone with experience as we have enough young strikers trying to prove themselves.

No thanks, if we need another striker we should go for someone with experience. We don't want the responsibility of having to play Eaves to get game time. Bolton won't want to send him out to sit on the bench, they'll want assurances he'll play, we might as well play Bembo, Crompton, Kelly and eventually Brooke and develop them if we're trying unproven youngsters. We have Tounkara as well.

I'm all for us getting another striker, but it should someone with experience as we have enough young strikers trying to prove themselves.

Why?

Out of all the experienced strikers we've had in on loan over the last three or four years, only one* has truly improved the team and that was Leon Clarke. The rest have been a bunch of money-grabbing wasters, looking for a cruise back to fitness. Whilst I think an out and out goalscorer would be nice. I'd rather take a punt, let's be honest most 'experienced' loanees flop.

Brett Ormerod

Darren Byfield

Dean Windass

Steve Kabba

Paul Heffernan

Daniel Nardiello

All proven goalscorers and all did pissall at BP...

*I've discounted Lewis Guy, as whilst his contribution was admirable he is by all accounts a winger.

We could always re-sign Pawel Abbott....

I agree that we are short on numbers up front but taking away the hat trick against Bolton in pre-season Eaves is still without a first team goal so I don't know if he would be worth bringing back. If Dickov does bring him back though I'll trust his judgement after he's the won with goalscoring expirence in the Premierleague and had a good look at Eaves during pre-season so knows more about him than I do.

Now here would be a good loan signing

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6323836,00.html

Too similar to Feeney and Dickov, never prolific and he's not the same player since his horrific injury. If anything I reckon we need another target man type. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hume end up at the Bin Dippers.

Eaves coming back is a done deal according to our window cleaner at work who is the father of a mate if one if the youth team. Most tenuous source yet?

In the words of Roger Murtagh (had a Lethal Weapon night the other night) "That's pretty fookin' thin...."

Too similar to Feeney and Dickov, never prolific and he's not the same player since his horrific injury. If anything I reckon we need another target man type. Wouldn't be surprised to see Hume end up at the Bin Dippers.

Dickov isn't really gonna play though is he? And I don't think Dickov is interested in playing a target man, he wants the ball along the floor, one of the reasons he shipped Abbott out was supposedly he didn't "fit in" with Dickov's "style of play". And we do have Tounkara who is big enough to be a target man, the jury is still out on him but his finish at the weekend was exquisite. I still think Hume is a decent striker, worth a short term loan. It's not like he'd have to travel very far either.

Dickov isn't really gonna play though is he? And I don't think Dickov is interested in playing a target man, he wants the ball along the floor, one of the reasons he shipped Abbott out was supposedly he didn't "fit in" with Dickov's "style of play". And we do have Tounkara who is big enough to be a target man, the jury is still out on him but his finish at the weekend was exquisite. I still think Hume is a decent striker, worth a short term loan. It's not like he'd have to travel very far either.

Hume's going to Tranmere, mark my words. As for Abbott HE WANTED TO GO!!! and had done so since December.

Who cares about Abbott anymore, hes at Charlton now and he isnt coming back. PD calls the shots and he chose to sell Abbott, get used to it.

:rant.sml:

Edited by Latics_Fanatic