To the nobbers who booed at full time

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone pays their money they're entitled to aren't they? Disappointing result at home on a wet afternoon. No problem with letting the team know how they feel.

Yes, but after four league matches in, no defeats, a '+4' goal difference AND playing better football than the dirge offered up last season. I could understand if they played badly, but the report suggests differently.

Obviously we await the thoughts of those that went to the game.

Where did the boos come from? I didn't hear them personally but bang out of order imo. We didn't get beat, its not the first bad day at the office (although I didnt think it was that bad) and it certainly wont be the last

was a dissapointing game all in all,far too many players didnt perform and had off days,mainly taylor who i though was cack,yes he had 2 efforts on goal that were good saves,but the rest of his game was bad...stephens had an off one and furman as well,plus tounakare didnt exactly rip up trees..

but at the end of the day its a clean sheet,still unbeaten and yeovil to there credit did there homework on us,packed the midfield and stopped us playing like we have been....certainly didnt warrant boos...

I left with about 5 minutes to go. (which I usually do, no reflection on the game) And although dissapointed, given the start we've made and the performances so far this season, I certainly don't think the game was worth booing.

As mentioned, it was a frustrating game, but I think some of that came from a half decent Yeovil side who did their best to snuff us out. The rest from a Latics side who didn't quite get out of second gear all game. We huffed and puffed, created two or three reasonable chances in the first half, but didn't quite have the cutting edge. Lots of pretty passing, perhaps too much at times, when a burst into the box or a shot might have been better.

Certainly a dissapointing result, but to those who booed - have a word with yourselves.

I left with about 5 minutes to go. (which I usually do, no reflection on the game) .....

Why???

Do you get up and leave 5 mins before the end of a film or a match on the telly?

Surely with a crowd of just over 4,000 there's no need to panic about getting your car out of the car park!

Edited by laticsrblue

Why???

Do you get up and leave 5 mins before the end of a film or a match on the tele?

Surely with a crowd of just over 4,000 there's no need to panic about getting your car out of the car park!

Why does he have to explain himself to you? If he wants to go early then that's up to him.

It'll be the idiot kids in the RRE (yes I'm generalising, I'm sure they're not all bad). They probably think we're entitled to win the league after drawing at Charlton.

Frustrating game? Yes, but at least the players were all putting effort in.

Why did supporters boo? Frustration? Disapointment? Boredom? Paying twenty quid to watch a nil-nil bore fest?

As quite rightly pointed out, the boos were very much in the minority to the applause at full time. From the Chaddy, the latics fans got behind the team pretty well with the first audible whinge not until late on in the game.

Why does he have to explain himself to you? If he wants to go early then that's up to him.

You're right Lee, I don't. However......

I used to sit in the RRE and move down to the corner near the exit with a few mins to go, watch the death throes then shoot out on the whistle.

Now I'm in the main stand and don't have that luxury. I've always done it, unless it's a particularly nail-biting finish. And I also can't stand the crush getting out on the final whistle. Even with our low crowds, it gets on my tits. So I leave slightly early.

And as for bothering others? It's not like I'm up every five minutes like a 12 year old. Too old for that :censored:. If me leaving early annoys people, well, hey - isn't life a bitch?.....

Complete idiots the lot of them!

I didn't like the booing last season, let alone now!

If we win on Saturday, that's 3 wins and 2 draws from 5. Taking into account the fact that Charlton were in there, who wouldn't have taken that?!

(incedentally, on that form we'd be on course for 101 points B) We can dream, eh? :wink: )

Why???

Do you get up and leave 5 mins before the end of a film or a match on the telly?

He´s done that for the 15 years + that i´ve known him, regardless of the score, weather or parking situation etc, and aint nothing ever going to change him. Believe me though, Dan is Latics to the core so each to their own as they say.....

Good result, certainly not worthy of booing...despite whatever the performance might of been they got the point... (remember we are fighting relegation before promotion)

That said, if you pays your money you are entitled to boo, moan or cheer...

Edited by oafc0000