players without a club,any worth a punt?

simon whaley in, smalley out??

scowcroft as a backup big man to DBL and tounkara, worthy out to fund wages?

Whaley apparently did well on trial here last season but ended up at Chesterfield but Shez released him at the end of last season. Scowcroft must be knocking on a bit and was released by Orient wasn't he? and failed to score in 30 games! :shock:

Whaley apparently did well on trial here last season but ended up at Chesterfield but Shez released him at the end of last season. Scowcroft must be knocking on a bit and was released by Orient wasn't he? and failed to score in 30 games! :shock:

whaley got injured at chesterfield i do believe....there was an interview on some random sports website saying he knows he hasnt made the most of his potential,and wants someone to come in and offer him regular football so he can prove everyone wrong.....would he be better than smalley on the right???? i think he is an out n out winger...

Plymouth decided against taking David Healy on loan on Tuesday, we should bring him in, tell Sunderland they can pay all of his wages since we're giving two of their kids a decent run out.

Job's a good'un. :wink:

not a bad shout that...deffo proven at this level and seems to score for most teams...plus brucie just signed new stiker so....

we cant afford a stamp until somebody moves on, and that doesnt look like happening anytime soon!

edit: even if somebody moved on would we sign anybody new, or would the wages go into running the club?

Edited by creepy

Vassel......... Aliadiere anyone :wacko:

Anyone notice Daniel Boshell in there or Matthew Wolfenden (with a picture of Gary Mac).

On a serious note there is a Grimsby goalkeeper on there called Nick Colgan, is that not the keeper who went to prison while at Plymouth or have I got him mixed up with someone else?

Anyone notice Daniel Boshell in there or Matthew Wolfenden (with a picture of Gary Mac).

On a serious note there is a Grimsby goalkeeper on there called Nick Colgan, is that not the keeper who went to prison while at Plymouth or have I got him mixed up with someone else?

no, thats mccormack, colgan was a very good keeper when with bahhrnsley though

that was Luke McCormick

we cant afford a stamp until somebody moves on, and that doesnt look like happening anytime soon!

edit: even if somebody moved on would we sign anybody new, or would the wages go into running the club?

Exactly, however that list is interesting and despite his billy big bollocks attitude to Penney last season, I see that Febian Brandy is still without a club :grin:

well,this is where i have a bit of a bee in me bonnett....simon corney has always said that there would always be money available for a landmark or marquee signing should the manager want to make one....

so is this one of those times where this could be tested to the full????

healey, allialiedaire,jeffers, all with points to prove that there not past it....as i see it we are maybe one decent winger and a stiker away from doing something really good this season,so why not

I saw the same article and thought a few of them will be worth looking at but the likes of Jay DeMerit will be out of our price range (even if Gregan goes). I would add Danny :censored:tu into the list too since he's been released by Notlob, but again he will be out of our price range probably (even if Gregan goes).

well,this is where i have a bit of a bee in me bonnett....simon corney has always said that there would always be money available for a landmark or marquee signing should the manager want to make one....

healey, allialiedaire,jeffers, all with points to prove that there not past it....as i see it we are maybe one decent winger and a stiker away from doing something really good this season,so why not

Healey I'd take.

Jeffers I wouldn't touch with Lee Hendrie's bargepole.

Alicrocodile or whatever he's called? Enigma. Looks like he should be really good, but isn't. Again, no thanks.

i think them days are over, especially with only Corney here now

and with the playershare scheme practically begging us fans to fund a player, it doesnt look good for ''marquee'' signings/signing

They could regret spending a quarter of a million on a 30-year-old who hasn't proved it at that level. I'd wait and see if he's a success. We tried something similar (albeit cheaper) with Steve Whitehall.

All these big names others are mentioning - how are we supposed to afford them, exactly? We haven't had expressions of interest in our listed players, so can't rely on freeing up their wages. (Unless the club pays up their contracts, which would cost a fair whack in itself so I'd assume is unlikely.)