Jim Goodwin

They sold their best striker, Richard Brodie, to Crawley for about £300,000 last week. I guess Constantine is the replacement. Not sure how expensive, though; he'd been released by Hereford after managing about three goals all season and being booed by his own fans. It's a slippery slope, eh?

They sold their best striker, Richard Brodie, to Crawley for about £300,000 last week. I guess Constantine is the replacement. Not sure how expensive, though; he'd been released by Hereford after managing about three goals all season and being booed by his own fans. It's a slippery slope, eh?

Blimey...didn't know that. Having not heard him about lately, just presumed he'd been injured. Shows how easy it is to fall through. Ironic that the post I was reading before this was the Deane Smalley one. Constantine should do alright for York though...I was looking at Luton being a major factor in that league this season but they've cost my bets the last 2 games. Might just stick with betting on AFC Wimbledon instead.

Edited by boundaryblue80

No transfer fee involved for Constantine. Released by Hereford he was out of work. Martin Foyle (York's manager) had been in charge at Port Vale when he'd scored lots of goals so both know each other well.

York don't pay big money wages and the bulk of the money they received for Brodie won't be splashed on new signings. Incidentally the vast majority of York fans think that selling Brodie was a very sensible move and it assures the club's future for a while.

The money they've spent; for that level; is frankly ludicrous – was on another thread on here that with transfer fees, wages & signing on fee's it's nearly £1 Million. Unbelievable......

Its crazy, they have been in financial troubles for the last 5 years and they then get an owner who has a bit of dough and they start splashing the cash. When will they learn, they have spent almost 400k on the front two Tubbs and Brodie and they have never established themselves as players in the football league.