DJ Bembo has broken his leg!

This is bad news of what I've seen of him he looked decent now and should get better given his age. Sounds similar to Zamora's leg break to me and he will be out for approximately 5 months (so mid-late Feb). It depends what damage DJ has done to his ankle ligaments, if they are all intact (and the odds don't look great) then 4 months is possibly being generous, if any of them are torn then its 5 months minimum.

This is bad news of what I've seen of him he looked decent now and should get better given his age. Sounds similar to Zamora's leg break to me and he will be out for approximately 5 months (so mid-late Feb). It depends what damage DJ has done to his ankle ligaments, if they are all intact (and the odds don't look great) then 4 months is possibly being generous, if any of them are torn then its 5 months minimum.

Depends on how quickly it can heal.. Look at Brooke, he was meant to be out for around 3-4 months? and fleming was supposedly 5-6 months?

Both back in full training on monday

Depends on how quickly it can heal.. Look at Brooke, he was meant to be out for around 3-4 months? and fleming was supposedly 5-6 months?

Both back in full training on monday

More accurately it depends if DJ needs surgery and what sort of surgery he needs. If he's torn his ankle ligaments as well as breaking his fibula then he will be very lucky if he doesn't require surgery (that sort of surgery we are talking 5 months). Even if he hasn't torn his ligaments he may still need surgery to help fix his broken fibula (probably less time out). No surgery and it wouldn't surprise me to see DJ back in 15 weeks

As far as I'm aware (I only caught snippets of what happened with Brooke as I was on holiday and had very little idea what happened with Fleming). Brooke was thought to have torn his ankle ligaments (so requiring an operation) but the scan he had (DJ hasn't had his scan yet) didn't show that so the medical team have been giving him injections to help stabilise the joint and they've worked, hence why he is now close to resuming training. If he had needed an operation it could easily be Christmas til he was fit enough. With Fleming, he has torn his medial knee ligament but sometimes they don't require surgery and with some decent rehab get better sufficently (especially as fleming is a goalie).

According to this http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2122148,00.html Brooke since he hasn't had surgery was only expected to be out for 10-12 weeks he's back in full training within 8 weeks (if he starts on Monday), doesn't mean he won't be out for 10 weeks.

Really feel for the kid. Just broken into the first team picture at 18 and looks to have real potential. Now he won't be a part of that until well into next year. Can't begin to imagine how he feels. So unlucky, DJ, but you'll come back and your time will come again.

On the other side of the coin, how must Dale Stephens be feeling? It was a freak accident, but he must be gutted too, so our thoughts must go out to them both.

More accurately it depends if DJ needs surgery and what sort of surgery he needs. If he's torn his ankle ligaments as well as breaking his fibula then he will be very lucky if he doesn't require surgery (that sort of surgery we are talking 5 months). Even if he hasn't torn his ligaments he may still need surgery to help fix his broken fibula (probably less time out). No surgery and it wouldn't surprise me to see DJ back in 15 weeks

As far as I'm aware (I only caught snippets of what happened with Brooke as I was on holiday and had very little idea what happened with Fleming). Brooke was thought to have torn his ankle ligaments (so requiring an operation) but the scan he had (DJ hasn't had his scan yet) didn't show that so the medical team have been giving him injections to help stabilise the joint and they've worked, hence why he is now close to resuming training. If he had needed an operation it could easily be Christmas til he was fit enough. With Fleming, he has torn his medial knee ligament but sometimes they don't require surgery and with some decent rehab get better sufficently (especially as fleming is a goalie).

According to this http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2122148,00.html Brooke since he hasn't had surgery was only expected to be out for 10-12 weeks he's back in full training within 8 weeks (if he starts on Monday), doesn't mean he won't be out for 10 weeks.

Hang on a minute rudemedic. I'm a radiographer and they usually don't touch the fibula bone with surgery as it usually corrects itself. Other than that I agree.

Hang on a minute rudemedic. I'm a radiographer and they usually don't touch the fibula bone with surgery as it usually corrects itself. Other than that I agree.

Yeah I'm aware it depends what sort of break it is though a nasty one might need surgery (but a nasty one will probably include a torn ligament too). I'll do a google image search...

EDIT: Yeah found one, someone on some forum or other did it whilst in some woods. For the first couple of weeks they thought it didn't need fixing surgically then when they re-examined him 2 weeks after the break they realised it did, as it wasn't healing right, so had to go back and put some pins in.

Plus Fabregas didn't break his fibula at the ankle I think it was mid-calf, a break of the fibula there is a 6 week job. (If you had to break a bone in your leg its the best place).

Edited by rudemedic

I suspect rudemedic doesn't concern himself with those silly pictures you radiographers try to wave in his face.

lol funny enough I was in theatre today and asked the question of an orthopaedic consultant. A fibula fracture alone will never be operated on unless there is ankle or knee involvement! So there you go.

Yeah that was my thinking, fibula fractures in the middle third of the shin don't get operated on, unless its sticking out of the leg (don't think I've ever seen a fibula fracture like that which hasn't involved the tibia). Bembo's is on the ankle...