I have been impressed with the energy and industry of midfield. Today in the first half and early into the second half we struggled to have an out ball. The bring problem seems to be that Taylor is always looking to come inside and not offer any width, this makes the whols thing congested. (For the record I also wish he would grow some and stop rolling around at every available opportunity). He is a good young player but seems to lack a football brain at times. The change to 4-3-3 changed the game so well done to Dickov - That would not have happened last year. We are forming the basis of a good side, but too much of our play runs into cul de sacs in the middle of the pitch. Get some chalk on yer boots and get some width.

I have been impressed with the energy and industry of midfield. Today in the first half and early into the second half we struggled to have an out ball. The bring problem seems to be that Taylor is always looking to come inside and not offer any width, this makes the whols thing congested. (For the record I also wish he would grow some and stop rolling around at every available opportunity). He is a good young player but seems to lack a football brain at times. The change to 4-3-3 changed the game so well done to Dickov - That would not have happened last year. We are forming the basis of a good side, but too much of our play runs into cul de sacs in the middle of the pitch. Get some chalk on yer boots and get some width.

I agree with what you're saying but he isn't a young player anymore and playing on the left of midfield and being naturally right footed, he will cut inside often.

Some bloke was sat next to me today, never seen him before, he had his kid with him, about 5, first game I think as the bloke was telling him about the game and stuff.

Part way through the first half he turned to his dad and said "Why do they always kick it into that corner and not over there?" He was pointing to the corner of the RRE and the main stand, the one Jones was attacking then pointed to the wing Taylor was on as the one we weren't using.

I was sooo tempted to say to the kid "Most of us in the crowd wonder that every week."

If a 5 year old kid can spot it, I wonder why the team can't spot it?

Playing devils advocate here as I think now is the time to play Taylor on the right.

Lionel Messi is a left footer playing on the right wing

Ronaldinho is a right footer who made a great career playing on the left

For Real Madrid Right footed Zinedine Zidane played on the left wing

Adam Johnson of Man City (currently the best winger in the country) is a left footer playing on the right wing

Having someone who can cut inside onto their favourite foot really isn't that bad if you look at that little lot above. The problem is that Taylor has started to look a little predictable and only be able to come inside. I don't give a toss if he is abit of soft arse I want to see him go past people becasue that what Chris taylor at his best can do but he has stopped doing that.

i saw taylor right on the touchline at times today. the annoying thing was, the ball was on the other side of the pitch

PMSL.....excellent observation. :grin:

Best place he should be but taking two defenders out there with him too, creating the illusion he may get the ball passed to him.

However, creating a mightly big whole for someone else to have a go at goal

Edited by underdog