Feeney

Can't help thinking Feeney is a player we should have passed on..............the amount of injuries and international call-ups he's having doesn't help the striking positions to develop any sort of continuity and understanding, Tounkare seems to be playing with a different partner every week. Brooke's back in the squad tomorrow and if he can capture his pre-season form it may well keep Feeney on the bench.

He's obviously good to have in and around the dressing room but he'll miss 2 more matches for us in October due to callups and I'm begining to think his insistence on being released to play for his country could be why he ended up here instead of one of the championship clubs reported to be chasing him. He reportedly came here for less money but will still be on a good salary.

I can't fault his commitment out on the pitch but I reckon it will be November at best before we are likely to see his name on the scoresheet......does anybody else think that in the present climate he's a luxury we can't really afford?

Championship games are called off when there are international matches on.

Also Feeney has never been exactly prolific, am guessing he get between 5-10 this season (if he plays 30 games+)

However i think once Brooke is fit again, it will be Brooke and Tounkara upfront as both have looked alot better than Feeney (pre-season for brooke)

Championship games are called off when there are international matches on.

Also Feeney has never been exactly prolific, am guessing he get between 5-10 this season (if he plays 30 games+)

However i think once Brooke is fit again, it will be Brooke and Tounkara upfront as both have looked alot better than Feeney (pre-season for brooke)

Macken's scoring record isn't any worse and he's already scored twice this year. Having said that Feeney was involved in both goals last week but I don't think he's had one shot on target yet and on the whole has a lot to do to convince me. I'm in no way writing him off but he's been disappointing, and i'm sure he'll admit that himself. On the other hand Tonk so far has exceeded expectations. As for Feeney say he misses Tomorrow, Tuesday then Orient I would be very disappointed if he still chose to meet up with the NI squad. Representing your country is quite rightly an honour but we pay his wages. Time to step up to the plate Warren.

kelly will start tomorrow. feeney has being playing well, once he scores, he'll finish with 30 goals

maybe will take him 2/3 seasons to get the 30 goal mark :lol:

his experience does count, we have a young strike force and having him around will help. dont forget joe royle said brooke was the most natural finisher at OAFC.

Doesn't score many? Not many strikers achieve a better strike rate than 1 goal in every 3 starts.

70 in 194 league starts in his career.

36 in 83 at Bournemouth.

15 in 31 at Stockport.

5 in 7 at Swansea.

6 in 18 at Dundee Utd.

(8 in 45 at Luton is his big "fail").

Injury prone? His appearance record over the years doesn't look good. But he was well and truly nobbled last Saturday. It was a horrible tackle from where I was sat.

International call ups? It's a risk you take I suppose. If he's testing himself against better players that's a good thing, surely.

Yes, Feeney needs to score. His work rate is pretty good, and that's invaluable. The only disappointment for me was last Saturday when he was too busy trying to con the referee all game.

We don't need a new target for the boo boys.

Edited by opinions4u

Doesn't score many? Not many strikers achieve a better strike rate than 1 goal in every 3 starts.

Injury prone? His appearance record over the years doesn't look good. But he was well and truly nobbled last Saturday. It was a horrible tackle from where I was sat.

International call ups? It's a risk you take I suppose. If he's testing himself against better players that's a good thing, surely.

Yes, Feeney needs to score. His work rate is pretty good, and that's invaluable. The only disappointment for me was last Saturday when he was too busy trying to con the referee all game.

We don't need a new target for the boo boys.

he was having a go at the referee all the way through.. needs to concentrate on finding the back of the net.

I love the way Brooke keeps coming up as the answer. Talk about pressure for a kid.

As for Feeney - same thing has happened. But injury has slightly done for him. To be fair that is how we signed him though.

But let us not hold back here. He is our number one striker. List the others and figure it our yourself. The rest are kids.

Can't help thinking Feeney is a player we should have passed on..............the amount of injuries and international call-ups he's having doesn't help the striking positions to develop any sort of continuity and understanding, Tounkare seems to be playing with a different partner every week. Brooke's back in the squad tomorrow and if he can capture his pre-season form it may well keep Feeney on the bench.

He's obviously good to have in and around the dressing room but he'll miss 2 more matches for us in October due to callups and I'm begining to think his insistence on being released to play for his country could be why he ended up here instead of one of the championship clubs reported to be chasing him. He reportedly came here for less money but will still be on a good salary.

I can't fault his commitment out on the pitch but I reckon it will be November at best before we are likely to see his name on the scoresheet......does anybody else think that in the present climate he's a luxury we can't really afford?

Championship matches are usually cancelled on international weekends