Sheff Wed V Oldham

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times? Don't take things RA says literally. He's communicating to the best of his abilities. If you take all of 3 seconds to read his explanation he clearly says that Dickov always wants to win.

Some of the people on this site sicken me.

Ackey, that's a bit melodramatic!

Are you saying people should tiptoe round RA and not respond to his posts in the manner they would respond to anyone else's? For me, that would mean never responding to him at all. Would you suggest people choose to either ignore him or to agree with him in a patronising way? Or to respond just as they would to anyone else - which is actually helping to give him honest feedback on his posts, helping him to learn more social / Internet norms?

Ackey, that's a bit melodramatic!

Are you saying people should tiptoe round RA and not respond to his posts in the manner they would respond to anyone else's? For me, that would mean never responding to him at all. Would you suggest people choose to either ignore him or to agree with him in a patronising way? Or to respond just as they would to anyone else - which is actually helping to give him honest feedback on his posts, helping him to learn more social / Internet norms?

As I don't know RA, I cannot say whether he should be treated differently than others on here but I agree with maddog that responding to the points he makes is what this board is all about - so let's have a look then...

After getting beaten by Brighton on tuesday its a must win game (agree that we must look to win the game but cannot agree that it is a 'must win' game at this stage of the season)

sheff wed have lost form thank god for that we must beat them badly. (they are in a poor run of form but still a dangerous side - but then I believe that we are also in a poor run of form - so maybe that will even it up)

Maybe Paul Dickov start the game and help us. (Dickov looked way off the pace in his only appearance this season so far - I would hope that we do not see him play again this season!)

Cheers :wink:

There's ways and means of handling people who communicate slightly differently.

Little point in yelling at somebody who is stone deaf but can lip read. Little point gesticulating to a blind person to try and make your point. No point trying to explain the EU Constitution to a 3 year old.

I'm guessing RoyleArmy doesn't have English as a first language. This, combined for what seems to be a love for all things Latics and one or two gems of information amongst the other rumours, makes RA a valid poster in my book.

How many times? Don't take things RA says literally. He's communicating to the best of his abilities. If you take all of 3 seconds to read his explanation he clearly says that Dickov always wants to win.

I did wonder why Norton security had upgraded the warning it gives every time i try to log on to this site from 'unsafe' to 'malicious'. I think 'malicious' is a bit strong. 'Bitchy and cantakerous' would be more accurate.

If people on here sicken you, i definitely wouldn't look at the Waccoe boards.

There's ways and means of handling people who communicate slightly differently.

Little point in yelling at somebody who is stone deaf but can lip read. Little point gesticulating to a blind person to try and make your point. No point trying to explain the EU Constitution to a 3 year old.

I'm guessing RoyleArmy doesn't have English as a first language. This, combined for what seems to be a love for all things Latics and one or two gems of information amongst the other rumours, makes RA a valid poster in my book.

I agree he is a valid poster, but other people have the right to respond. It works both ways, and people disagree with his posts expressing that in their way of communicating. Not always the best way, but it's frustrating when someone does not take others' views on board despite overwhelming evidence that people disagree - and keeps repeating the same false statement.

That is the most patronising comment I have ever seen on this board!

I treat everyone the same regardless of race/religion/gender/disability/political beliefs, everyone's opinions are up for scrutiny in the same manner as everybody else's.

I'm a firm believer in free speech and equality.

So you can see the problem I have in being asked to discriminate and treat people's opinions differently. That goes against my moral upbringing and my own personal beliefs.

Thank you for respecting my beliefs, as much as I respect yours. B)

Edited by PlayItLivo