Sheff Wed V Oldham

GETTING BACK TO TOPIC.......................

Does anyone know where the tram stops near to the ground and where is best to get a return tram after the game?

I have got off at the leppings lane stop going but I got a return tram on a different road (near the entrance if I remember rightly) and forgot where that was as had just finished an exam at the time and brain was a bit mushed (i did go in through the entrance and state I was there for my medical but it didn't wash ;) ).

Failing that anyone know where is best to park?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting beaten by Brighton on tuesday its a must win game sheff wed have lost form thank god for that we must beat them badly.

Maybe Paul Dickov start the game and help us.

I'd be delighted if we got anything out of the game on Tuesday. Poor form or not, Wednesday still have excellent options in attack and they're just waiting to get their eye in. With our indifferent defence, who's to say Tuesday won't be a good opportunity for them to show what they can do?

While the team shouldn't need motivating to play on a stage like Hillsborough, Dickov's main job will be to ensure that yesterday's frustrating defeat hasn't knocked our confidence too much.

Edited by JoeP

0-0 it is then

Would take that. However, when our opposition is looking for a confidence boost, we usually give it to them! I'm going to go for a defeat similar to yesterday, or a two or three nil loss, I'm afraid.....

Either way, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Wednesday have bigger resources than us so, like most of their games in this division, they should win.

The posters who use the phrase 'must win' use it a little differently to others. Every latics game for me is a must win because I expect us to, realistically or not, try and win every game. Especially after we have just thrown away a point at the death the previous game! Eitherway, some posters on here need to chill out and stop taking every word uttered on here literally. Take a breath...read it in the context it was supposed to be read and cheerthe :censored: up! We'll all be dead soon anyway :grin:

There's ways and means of handling people who communicate slightly differently.

Little point in yelling at somebody who is stone deaf but can lip read. Little point gesticulating to a blind person to try and make your point. No point trying to explain the EU Constitution to a 3 year old.

I'm guessing RoyleArmy doesn't have English as a first language. This, combined for what seems to be a love for all things Latics and one or two gems of information amongst the other rumours, makes RA a valid poster in my book.

He has said he was born in middlesborough, so i presume english will be his first language?

Respond to him in way you respond to other posters if they said the same thing, not one rule for one and rule for others.

(not directed at you.. :) )

3 point is vital after we started so well this season some games we havent killed games off fast and let other team take points or wins i love to see us bag 3 points if not a draw will be ok then.

so it's not a must-win game?

i see your point, we could do with winning to bounce back from brighton and give the team a confidence boost but if we lose, there are lots more games for us to win.

Acky, Agree completely with you, i've posted on her before about my dislike for people doing what can only be described as 'jumping on the band wagon'. If one person has a genuine issue with a post then it is a matter of differing opinions and not something that should then turn in to a personality bashing session.

I got taught a phrase when i was a wee lad that has stuck with me 'opinions are free but facts are sacred'. An opinion is just that, one's subjective slant on a situation, if they want to believe that then so be it and unless it can be disputed by actual evidenced fact then leave them to it.

As an administrator/moderator can the site not start to clamp down on actual bullying/malicious comments? If you were a new member and logged on to the site for the fist time would you see it as an inviting environment? I for one certainly would not. In a time where crowds are languishing and finances are uncertain is it not a case that we should all be as accommodating as possible? if not for your own moral/ethical well-being then for the longevity of the club....

Preach over...

N.B - Anyone that does not agree you are entitled to do so!!

I know. Thankfully I'm not bullying someone with a diminished intelligence and an inability to defend them self, so I'm quite comfortable with people not liking me and I'm equally comfortable with not liking them.

Oh I wish I could be more like you, your such a better person than me.

If it is true about RA why don't you do something tactfully about the way people supposedly treat him on here, rather than using his disabilities to give yourself a moral high ground.

I suggest you read Maddogs sensible reply to your "Sickens me" post.

A broken clock is right at least once a day.

A broken clock could tell the right time almost all the time. I think I know what you're getting at though.

After his or her Smalley scoop, I'll be reading all RA's posts for meaning. RA is the only reason why I'd use OWTB's Friend feature.

Having us described by a wednsesday fan as a "nothing club" that will only bring about "500 fans".

I hope the footygods are kind and we stuff em 3-0

hwever, as I am going and I am taking my life into my own hands by travelling with a fellow tic whose driving skills I have not witnessed yet and that I may be praying to several gods in sparing my life there and back.

I'll settle for a 2-1 win please. Fingers. toes and every other appendage crossed

I know. Thankfully I'm not bullying someone with a diminished intelligence and an inability to defend them self, so I'm quite comfortable with people not liking me and I'm equally comfortable with not liking them.

Do you not see that by saying 'diminished intelligence' and so on you are being a patronising :censored: ? He is capable to type for himself so let him defend himself! You just want to come across as a moral do-gooder. When in reality you come across as a patronising pillock!