Oldham v Leyton Orient

Folks we are back at home on saturday could oldham take 3 points or not i really hope we can win.

I like oldham playing against Russell Slade team as his team gives oldham a very good games when ever we face the guy.

Thoughts please on the game.

Edited by RoyleArmy

We won't steamroller them and be 5 up in the 1st 20mins so the crowd will get on players backs.

The man who is paid to primarily use his hands will be barracked for the use of his feet.

The young team will initially struggle to break down a team that has clearly come for a draw which will lead to more frustrated howls from the home crowd.

A late breakthrough will be welcomed but certain sections of the crowd will feel that we should've had more joy against lowly Orient.

Edited by beag_teeets

The man who is paid to primarily use his hands will be barracked for the use of his feet.

That was class last night. "What are you kicking it ther for again. Every time it's to the right hand side, bloody hell Brill", etc.

Yes, the goalkeeper does those things off the cuff doesn't he. It is no way a pre-arranged plan by the management, at all.

looking forward to saturday... if we went there with penney in charge we would have got steam rolled, 3 points is great but then again we are battling and taking points whether its 3 or 1, the future on the pitch is bright, but off it latics are facing problems, a little investment wouldnt go a miss and im confident the team will be further improved.

We won't steamroller them and be 5 up in the 1st 20mins so the crowd will get on players backs.

The young team will initially struggle to break down a team that has clearly come for a draw which will lead to more frustrated howls from the home crowd.

A late breakthrough will be welcomed but certain sections of the crowd will feel that we should've had more joy against lowly Orient.

Ah - I see what you've done here...

- this could be used as a template for any home game imho - just change the name of the opposition and the description from 'lowly' to 'an average' or 'high-flying' as appropriate.

Nice one :wink:

That was class last night. "What are you kicking it ther for again. Every time it's to the right hand side, bloody hell Brill", etc.

Yes, the goalkeeper does those things off the cuff doesn't he. It is no way a pre-arranged plan by the management, at all.

Not sure about that. It was like he was 'slicing' it all the time with all of his kicks...not just goal kicks.

looking forward to saturday... if we went there with penney in charge we would have got steam rolled, 3 points is great but then again we are battling and taking points whether its 3 or 1, the future on the pitch is bright, but off it latics are facing problems, a little investment wouldnt go a miss and im confident the team will be further improved.

:petesake:

I for one would much rather be in the position Penney had us at the relative point last season than this one.

I haven't nerdily looked at the relative positions this season and last season but one thing you can't deny is that Dickov sets us up to try to win games, whereas Penney just didn't.

Anyway, it'll be my first home game of the season this week so it is indeed a must, must, must-win game.

I haven't nerdily looked at the relative positions this season and last season but one thing you can't deny is that Dickov sets us up to try to win games, whereas Penney just didn't.

Anyway, it'll be my first home game of the season this week so it is indeed a must, must, must-win game.

i agree with you, thats why i said if we went to sheff weds with penney in charge we would have lost the game maybe drawed but didnt attack the opposition where as dickov mentality is different

why is that?

We'd have 2 more points. Yes Dickov has us playing better football but in many ways DP's hand was forced when our best goal scorer (who dickov got rid of and is still to replace) was injured and then had some major complications (apparently) during the surgery to fix the problem. You don't get points for playing nice attacking football.

We'd have 2 more points. Yes Dickov has us playing better football but in many ways DP's hand was forced when our best goal scorer (who dickov got rid of and is still to replace) was injured and then had some major complications (apparently) during the surgery to fix the problem. You don't get points for playing nice attacking football.

so what are kelly, feeney and tounkara doing here then? we've got enough strikers. they might not get 30 goals each but they might do between them

What colour is the sky in your world?

No we wouldn't, we would have one less.

Last year after 9 games we were 8th, with 12 points and a -2 goal difference.

This year after 9 games we are 9th, with 13 points and a +1 goal difference.