Well done latics

Just seen they are sentencing kids to a life time of misery giving out free tickets to kids with a half price ticket for their parent or guardian. Fantastic news.

I can't stand kids and don't want my seat to be swamped with the little buggers but anything by the club to get more bums on seats is welcome.

I'm a season ticket holder too and I don't give 2 figs that the bloke sat next to me might have got in for less than what I've paid.

Just seen they are sentencing kids to a life time of misery giving out free tickets to kids with a half price ticket for their parent or guardian. Fantastic news.

I can't stand kids and don't want my seat to be swamped with the little buggers but anything by the club to get more bums on seats is welcome.

I'm a season ticket holder too and I don't give 2 figs that the bloke sat next to me might have got in for less than what I've paid.

same here, but we'll be in a minority - batten down the hatches :unsure:

Something like this is long long overdue, and you have to ask why things have been allowed to get so bad before such an offer has been put out, but a step in the right direction nevertheless.

This offer is all well and good, but again it smacks of short term thinking. The club need to think more long term.

In my opinion, free admission for under 11's along (as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult), and reduced admission for under 16's, on a permanent basis, would go along way to helping revenue long term.

Something like this is long long overdue, and you have to ask why things have been allowed to get so bad before such an offer has been put out, but a step in the right direction nevertheless.

This offer is all well and good, but again it smacks of short term thinking. The club need to think more long term.

In my opinion, free admission for under 11's along (as long as they are accompanied by a paying adult), and reduced admission for under 16's, on a permanent basis, would go along way to helping revenue long term.

One problem with this offer - YET AGAIN the club expect people to make a trip to the ticket office either in advance or queue on the day of a game - this simply won't happen, surely the voucher could be used on the gate. Take up will be nowhere near the 5,000 printed i'd say nearer 500-800 over the two games. Good idea, but yet again bad implementation.

One problem with this offer - YET AGAIN the club expect people to make a trip to the ticket office either in advance or queue on the day of a game - this simply won't happen, surely the voucher could be used on the gate. Take up will be nowhere near the 5,000 printed i'd say nearer 500-800 over the two games. Good idea, but yet again bad implementation.

The strike through hasnt quite worked there, but you get the message

I agree, good idea but how many of these that turn up the once will get hooked on one game and want to drag there parents or vice versa to other games.

Good initiative but a long term plan is needed if we are to keep these people coming back week after week

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree 100% with the last bit, although at least what the club are trying to do is a step in the right direction. And I know it's peanuts to get a kid in the Rochdale Road or Chaddy end but it's £11 to take a child in the Main Stand Paddock which is outrageous. If they are pushing 16 perhaps but what about a better price for, say, under 12's or even under 10's?

I've had a season ticket for 20+ years but recently my 7 year old daughter, the middle child of 3, has started to show a bit of an interest. I've taken her to the last 3 home games but it's costing me another £11 a throw which is only about £1 less than it works out per game for me to get in with my season ticket. I'm far from minted but fortunately far from skint although how many people are being put off by this. The reduced prices behind either goal are no good to me at present because my season ticket is in the Main Stand and, even if I changed stands next season, the view from behind the goals is crap.

Whether we like it or not our club is slowly dying and getting kids interested is the way forward! If it was say a blanket £5 for them to get in any stand the place would be swarming with them...

Edited by Break The Silence

Totally agree. I had to queue for 20 mins on sat in order to get my mate a ticket. No need!

These offers, whilst a great idea, are always implemented wrong, as has been said. My particular gripe with this one is the choice of games - Colchester, Plymouth & Exeter. Now i realise these are likely to be low attendance games and the club want to bump up the crowd figures, but surely with an eye on the long term kids are more likely to get the bug if they come to a game where the place is jumping (or as near as it gets to jumping these days) such as Huddersfield, Tranmere or Sheffield Wednesday at home.

If I was a 12 year old lad (and i was at one point, for a whole year in fact) i don't think a game against Exeter would make me want to come again unless there was a very, very good match resulting in a 4-3 scoreline.

If they also run this offer later in the season for the games mentioned i'll be happy to give my congratulations to the club, but i really doubt they will.

Are any games in our league attractive? I haven't been excited about any game for years, they are all tinpot towns like Oldham.

Apart from Dale this year, Sheff Weds because my best mate supports them, City when they were down here, Leeds possibly but not really. Hudds, don't really care about them, Tranmere, for a few years we had a fun manufactured rivalry.

To a kid it doesn't matter either, we could be playing Real Madrid but to a 7 year old they might as well be Bradford City.

can't see atmosphere at bp getting better. even when we win/winning crowd are quiet.

The odd bit of noise comes from chaddy sometimes. Hardly anything. Im up for chanting and having a laugh but hardly anyoner does it, I try starting something off :( Hopefully the atmosphere will return.. one day.

Edited by ah_oafc

I agree with prozac, make it as easy as possible, it's hard enough trying to get people to Boundary Park on a match day never mind in advance.

Totally agree. I had to queue for 20 mins on sat in order to get my mate a ticket. No need!

and I was told by two turnstyle operators that the offer wasn't on last Sat.

Agree with you and prozac on this, why que when the ticket/offer is the ST already, you just rip it out & hand it over with the fiver at the turnstyle surely?

and I was told by two turnstyle operators that the offer wasn't on last Sat.

Agree with you and prozac on this, why que when the ticket/offer is the ST already, you just rip it out & hand it over with the fiver at the turnstyle surely?

Call me the cynic but the property developers who stand to make money from the club (and this scheme) don't really care about the fans that much anymore.

Call me the cynic but the property developers who stand to make money from the club (and this scheme) don't really care about the fans that much anymore.

You're a cynic.

The thread, the point, the whole thing, is about an offer of a parent and child for £10.

Thats £10, Ten Pounds, 1000 pennies. Rather than anywhere from £21 to £29. It's clearly an offer that WILL save some people money. They might have to pop to BP to sort the ticket out, but for a saving of £11 to £19 that's not really a bad deal.

But if you want to view it solely as a way to show derision and lack of concern for fans, that's up to you. It's just a state of mind I'm glad I don't have to live with in my head.

Some people will use absolutely anything to have a pop at people they don't like. Some people will moan that when they are given a bar of gold they find it a bit too heavy.