oafc0000

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah Ill back out of it...

Sorry Lisa if I offended you...

TTFN

You didn't offend me, it would take a lot to do that.

I agree that some people need child benefit to get by and the truth is that 85% of people who currently receive it, will continue to receive it after 2013. My problem is that the majority of people who complain about getting benefits cut are the ones who wouldn't be able to buy their cigarettes if they didn't receive benefits.

I have always said that I would gladly work the night shift in a supermarket to make sure my bills are paid each month rather than go on benefits. I claim what I am entitled to and go out to work for the rest of the money I want when I could easily sit on my arse at home and claim more. Yes I claim child benefit and yes my children will see an NHS doctor or dentist and are educated in a state school, but, that is how this country works!! If my child benefit is cut then I will deal with it, if NHS waiting lists are too long then I will take my children to a private hospital, if they need me to come home from work then I come home. So what if we can't go on holiday abroad after 2013, they like Cornwall anyway!!!!

Is smoking okay if you don't claim benefits?

It might help if someone posts a list of things you shouldn't buy if you're unemployed. Or it might not help at all.

Of course, if people earn their own money then they can kill themselves with it, that's fine!!!

A view point that is often forgotten is...

Myself personally have been paying into the system since I was 16... That is about 14 years of taxes... When I started a family I didn't expect much but I did expect a few things...

State funded Education..

State funded Healthcare...

Child Benefit...

There are other things I expect...

Police Service

Fire Service

Highways maintained

Public Transport

and so on...

I expected these regardless of income and its one of the deals I struck as a UK tax payer. I suppose it starts to hurt when people take away these universal benefits. Whats next ?

Healthcare ? Education ? lets be frank, I can probably just about afford to send the kid to a private school AND get private health care. But should I ?

More points of views to consider... other than, you earn enough so pay up and sod off...

A view point that is often forgotten is...

Myself personally have been paying into the system since I was 16... That is about 14 years of taxes... When I started a family I didn't expect much but I did expect a few things...

State funded Education..

State funded Healthcare...

Child Benefit...

There are other things I expect...

Police Service

Fire Service

Highways maintained

Public Transport

and so on...

I expected these regardless of income and its one of the deals I struck as a UK tax payer. I suppose it starts to hurt when people take away these universal benefits. Whats next ?

Healthcare ? Education ? lets be frank, I can probably just about afford to send the kid to a private school AND get private health care. But should I ?

More points of views to consider... other than, you earn enough so pay up and sod off...

And what have you actually lost or not received so far?