Good move by the club

Brilliant, you've done someone out of paid employment.

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but just how has he done somebdoy out of paid employment, unless of course we are closing the club shop at the ground whilst this new shop is open (which OBVIOUSLY isn't happening)?

It's a NEW venture requiring EXTRA staff (unless we have legions of employees sitting around twiddling their thumbs all day - and I'm NOT counting our transfer listed select in that :wink: ), so how can he be "doing somebody out of paid employment"?

I really do despair at some of our lot at times! :shock:

Well done Lee, good on you!

Edited by danoafc

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have contacted alan regarding the shop, i have offered to work on thursdays fridays and sundays for free just to help out and he has taken up the offer :D

You could wear a badge saying "I'm LaticsLee and I do it for free" :grin:

Are we in competition with Poundland?

Poundland is moving to the old Woolworth's store in the High Street :wink:

How about Latics underwear? I'd certainly buy the missus some lacey latics lingerie :D

One for 'visually' to sort out.

Why not PM him.

1st job for LaticsLee: By the looks of it there isn't a sign outside the shop that says you can buy match tickets. Get a nice big one slapped across the window.

Edited by laticsrblue

Firstly, great idea, it might attract a few fans to buy merchandise or tickets who wouldnt normally make the journey to BP.

But one thing I thought, if both the club shop and JD are selling latics shirts, it will probably affect JDs sales. So would the money be split the same way or could this annoy JD/Carbrini

This won't have come cheap I wouldn't have thought. I like the idea about selling tickets there too. Finally some of our ideas are being put into practice.

I hope it pays off and the club cashes in on the Christmas rush to come..

New Shop

Well it failed miserably last time when we had a much wider fan base... but of course I wish them well with it...

Run up to Christmas has got to be the best time to try it again though. And I suspect a deal has been done on the lease to make it worthwhile.

Was just thinking the lease could possibly be much smaller now. Lots of shops going pop and the Spindles isn't as new now...

Still, I think last time they did this was also the run up to Christmas...

Like I said, good luck with it, it is worth a try...

I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but just how has he done somebdoy out of paid employment, unless of course we are closing the club shop at the ground whilst this new shop is open (which OBVIOUSLY isn't happening)?

Might be nit-picking here, but the article headline is "Latics in Spindles move" (indicating that the store is moving from one place to another). Might be worth sticking another line in the main article saying the We Are Latics shop at Boundary Park will be open as normal.

Great move, though! Could be a good way of getting people thinking about Latics, who were previously fairly oblivious to the club's exsistence.

Basically, how would you like it if someone pitched up at your work place and offered to do your job for free. Would you be chuffed?

Lee, if you want to come and do my job for free Monday to Wednesday so i can get my Christmas shopping done, you're welcome to. Got to love some of our fans and their endless quest for the cloud to go with the silver lining.

Good idea anyway, haven't people been saying on here for a while that we need a presence in the town centre? This whole listening-to-the-fans shenanigans is awfully unsettling.

Firstly, great idea, it might attract a few fans to buy merchandise or tickets who wouldnt normally make the journey to BP.

But one thing I thought, if both the club shop and JD are selling latics shirts, it will probably affect JDs sales. So would the money be split the same way or could this annoy JD/Carbrini

Maybe Latics and JD could do some sort of deal?

Also, this is a great chance for visually to create some limited edition stuff to go into the shop over christmas