Can Barry come out and address the fans?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He isn't allowed to tell us anything we don't already know... I presume...

Bollocks to the past, we deserve to know how close we are from going under.

Plus can we have a yes/no on Simon Corney leaving if the rumours are true.

Bollocks to the past, we deserve to know how close we are from going under.

i only want to know if there's something I can do about it

if I can't I'd prefer blissful ignorance.

looking forward to Saturday.

If ever a post is needed to address the fans, the time is now.

Just what i was thinking, trouble is he's obviously gagged on this one.

The club is in a crisis situation, the debt on the club is not sustainable, the one amigo we have left doesn't have a financial plug big enough to stem the torrent of cash pouring out of the club and no-one seems in any hurry to come and bail us out :shock:

In short, we're nigh on trading insolvently, the balance sheet won't and can't balance and then Mr Hardy intimates that we were reliant on a cup run to keep us going!!

I overheard a conversation outside Prenton Park earlier in the season that intimated we would enter administration sooner rather than later, unless we could attract a backer. I won't tell you who this was talking but i'm sure you can guess!!

We're seriously in the mire, i hope in all hope that we can get through this but i fear this could really see us become another football statistic!!

Can Barry come out and address the fans?

Christ, isn't everyone depressed enough? :shock:

I can categorically confirm, without any question of doubt whatsoever, that Simon Corney is leaving the club.

Sometime.

Just what i was thinking, trouble is he's obviously gagged on this one.

The club is in a crisis situation, the debt on the club is not sustainable, the one amigo we have left doesn't have a financial plug big enough to stem the torrent of cash pouring out of the club and no-one seems in any hurry to come and bail us out :shock:

In short, we're nigh on trading insolvently, the balance sheet won't and can't balance and then Mr Hardy intimates that we were reliant on a cup run to keep us going!!

I overheard a conversation outside Prenton Park earlier in the season that intimated we would enter administration sooner rather than later, unless we could attract a backer. I won't tell you who this was talking but i'm sure you can guess!!

We're seriously in the mire, i hope in all hope that we can get through this but i fear this could really see us become another football statistic!!

Not really surprised though.

"We will never leave the club in as bad a position as it was when we arrived here" Blahh! Just as bad if not worse.

Edited by Butter

If ever a post is needed to address the fans, the time is now.

I am perfect happy to fulfill my role and address the fans. It has never been a question of trying to blame the fan base for the clubs plight. Simple economics are such that our survival rests very much on our fan base. I have also seen the latest rumours and that is what they are.

The best way forward after speaking to Rick A is to try and arrange a meeting for concerned fans. I am happy to meet anyone who has concerns.

I would also point out that the manager is very keen to follow through with another forum and we are looking at this at the moment. A date will be announced in due course.

On top of that the manager has also agreed that he will meet fans about he Playershare scheme in a bid to encourage more to join. In this way it is perhaps more helpful if he spell out how this can help practically.

In the meantime guys, chins up eh. I know we are all disappointed after Saturday but we have a big game to win Saturday.

To all the dome and gloom merchants. Oldham is a strong name in the football world. We don't intend that it is killed off that easily nor is there any sugggestion that this is the case. Times are hard and that applies to the majority of the clubs at the moment.

Finally it does seem that some are doing their level best to be-little the efforts of the owners of the club. They would be the first to admit that mistakes have been made. Who does'nt make mistakes. It is they that have paid the price for those mistakes. As opposed to sniping at the very people who monitor the monthly finances it would help if they were encouraged in their efforts.

I want our club to thrive and with effort all around we will do.

Barry

Thanks for that gem of information. When I saw you had posted, rather than opening it immediately I decided on making a brew to help savour my forthcoming enlightenment. My dissappointed in your content was soon turned into a positive experience when I managed to rescue a piece of Rich Tea that had broken off before it hit the bottom of my cup and disintegrated. My quick reactions saved the almost inevitable situation of having to make a fresh cuppa.

On further inspection I noted that all the other biscuits in the pack have a slight hairline fracture that will make them susceptible to fouled dunking. I will be requesting a full explanation and refund from Tesco's later in the morning (after Super Market Sweep). For everyones's information I will be insisting that Tesco take a similar line as Quantas have with their Rolls Royce engines and taking all their Rich Tea out of circulation until the production fault has be identified and remedied.

It would appear that there is a lid on the knowledge font or a fat lass sat on it clearing her throat in readiness to commence warbling - c'mmon lad spill the beans and tell us some't wi don't know

I am perfect happy to fulfill my role and address the fans. It has never been a question of trying to blame the fan base for the clubs plight. Simple economics are such that our survival rests very much on our fan base. I have also seen the latest rumours and that is what they are.

The best way forward after speaking to Rick A is to try and arrange a meeting for concerned fans. I am happy to meet anyone who has concerns.

I would also point out that the manager is very keen to follow through with another forum and we are looking at this at the moment. A date will be announced in due course.

On top of that the manager has also agreed that he will meet fans about he Playershare scheme in a bid to encourage more to join. In this way it is perhaps more helpful if he spell out how this can help practically.

In the meantime guys, chins up eh. I know we are all disappointed after Saturday but we have a big game to win Saturday.

To all the dome and gloom merchants. Oldham is a strong name in the football world. We don't intend that it is killed off that easily nor is there any sugggestion that this is the case. Times are hard and that applies to the majority of the clubs at the moment.

Finally it does seem that some are doing their level best to be-little the efforts of the owners of the club. They would be the first to admit that mistakes have been made. Who does'nt make mistakes. It is they that have paid the price for those mistakes. As opposed to sniping at the very people who monitor the monthly finances it would help if they were encouraged in their efforts.

I want our club to thrive and with effort all around we will do.

Barry

PR really isn't your strong point...

I think the majority of "snipers/doom and gloomers and belittlers" (concerned fans) want is information. The repeating question seems to be how much :censored: are we in at the moment... or in simply terms, how much debt are we in today and how much we are likely to be come end of the season...

I don't think people want a meeting many wouldn't have time to attend, or a dressing down, just some information...

Edited by oafc0000

i wonder why Barry doesnt post on here more often with all the sniping comments he gets.

wether he's right or wrong - you ask for comments and posters have to have a pop! :disappointed:

bet the same people wont meet in person though.

Next up - "Mr Corney, could you please put your neck and hands through these holes? Oh, by the way, you don't have any rotten fruit allergies do you?"

so you didnt criticise his pr skills

Yes I did... But that isn't having a pop, that is simple criticism. Remove the bolded stuff and he would come across a lot better and probably a lot more as he intends to. Having a pop would indicate I am having some sort of rant at him, which is not the case. When it comes to having a "pop", surely his language is more fitting of that label ?

or insinuate that he would have a go at people who met him in person?

I honestly have no idea where you got this idea from....

Edited by oafc0000

Yes I did... But that isn't having a pop, that is simple criticism. Remove the bolded stuff and he would come across a lot better and probably a lot more as he intends to. Having a pop would indicate I am having some sort of rant at him, which is not the case. When it comes to having a "pop", surely his language is more fitting of that label ?

I honestly have no idea where you got this idea from....

Pop, dig, have a go or criticise......call it what you like some posters always have to have a niggle at every little thing Barry posts

You also used the term “dressing down” if someone meets Barry – i take that mean that he will tell them off, have a go , shout at them belittle them or “dress them down” if I’m wrong fair enough

Don’t get me wrong I’m not a massive fan of his but sometimes it seems there is having a “pop” for the sake of it

Pop, dig, have a go or criticise......call it what you like some posters always have to have a niggle at every little thing Barry posts

You also used the term “dressing down” if someone meets Barry – i take that mean that he will tell them off, have a go , shout at them belittle them or “dress them down” if I’m wrong fair enough

Don’t get me wrong I’m not a massive fan of his but sometimes it seems there is having a “pop” for the sake of it

ah forget it... Its like a fecking pantomime... and its like anything is going to change, history has shown this...