Away Following at Gayfarm

Was having a little 'debate' with some old timer Hudders fans in The Old Grey Mare yesterday, they were cock a hoop about the anticipated swell of Yawksha folk at the game yesterday.

I pointed out that we filled their end a few seasons back, think it was under Dowie's stewardship, not too sure?

Now I have known the odd occasion where i've been wrong but i'm pretty sure this was the case, did i dream this up??

Edited by smartzatart

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was having a little 'debate' with some old timer Hudders fans in The Old Grey Mare yesterday, they were cock a hoop about the anticipated swell of Yawkha folk at the game yesterday.

I pointed out that we filled their end a few seasons back, think it was under Dowie's stewardship, not too sure?

Now I have known the odd occasion where i've been wrong but i'm pretty sure this was the case, did i dream this up??

Once with Dowie, it was the year Udders was relegated.

The other was under Shez when we wipped them 4.0

Was having a little 'debate' with some old timer Hudders fans in The Old Grey Mare yesterday, they were cock a hoop about the anticipated swell of Yawksha folk at the game yesterday.

We filled it when we drew 1-1 with them, some time early january.. might of been shez's last season.. allot scored a beaut.. had a fair few people stood up in the tunnel thingys leading to the food, toilets nd exits..

We filled it when we drew 1-1 with them, some time early january.. might of been shez's last season.. allot scored a beaut.. had a fair few people stood up in the tunnel thingys leading to the food, toilets nd exits..

there was quite a few empty seats around us that year, big following though and Allotts goal was a screamer, shame about our dodgy socks

there was quite a few empty seats around us that year, big following though and Allotts goal was a screamer, shame about our dodgy socks

i was slightly to the right of the goal a few rows back.. stewards were frantically trying to find seats for latics fans.. in the end they stood up near the tunnel thingys.. even though they could of moved the covers of the seats at the bottom of the stand

i was slightly to the right of the goal a few rows back.. stewards were frantically trying to find seats for latics fans.. in the end they stood up near the tunnel thingys.. even though they could of moved the covers of the seats at the bottom of the stand

3-0 wins, Allott belters, cramming the place full... none of these beat the guy doing the kosak dancing in his underpants.

We taken big armies there....over 3k quite a few times, but over 4k? Maybe once or twice. I don't think we've ever filled it though. The Dowie year we would've done if there was anything riding on the match, nut we'd already :censored:ed up at Wigan (in front of 4k)

There was one a few years back where it was absolutely rammed but the official figure from Hudders was given as 2800 which even the HUddersfield fans thought was ridiculous. We filled it under Dowie as well and never take less than 2500 from when i've been anyway. It's a little embarrasing that a club with the support that they have can't fill our away end. Comparatively our waway support is phenomenal given our base home support, one of the few things we can really be proud of in truth.

For a massive Latics travelling army check out your season 90-91 vid and see how many are on that uncovered standing terrace at Oakwell.

I was there that day, Barnsley were having a bad time back then and average gates were around 4,000 there! There was actually 12,000 or there abouts if I remember right! Biggest awayday I remember, just beating the confirmed 7,000 we took to Leeds in the playoffs in 1987!

I was there that day, Barnsley were having a bad time back then and average gates were around 4,000 there! There was actually 12,000 or there abouts if I remember right! Biggest awayday I remember, just beating the confirmed 7,000 we took to Leeds in the playoffs in 1987!

First away game for me. What a :censored:hole.

I was there too, didn't we play them again the following year in the cup?

Remember Milligan scoring and 1-1? Memory is :censored: though :grin:

I was there too, didn't we play them again the following year in the cup?

Remember Milligan scoring and 1-1? Memory is :censored: though :grin:

87-88? Leeds or Barnsley?

Played Leeds in the Littlewoods Cup, drew 2-2 after being 2-0 down A Williams pen and a late Tommy Wright goal, (won the replay 4-2 AET - highlights on the BBC)

IN the league drew 1-1 at Elland Road with Mike Cecere scoring.

Barnsley drew 1-1 on Boxing Day think Frankie Bunn got our goal, didn't play them in the Cup

There was one a few years back where it was absolutely rammed but the official figure from Hudders was given as 2800 which even the HUddersfield fans thought was ridiculous. We filled it under Dowie as well and never take less than 2500 from when i've been anyway. It's a little embarrasing that a club with the support that they have can't fill our away end. Comparatively our waway support is phenomenal given our base home support, one of the few things we can really be proud of in truth.

We took 595 last year.

I don't think we have ever really filled it in recent years. Normally the tickets are either for unreserved seating or people just sit where they want which means that there are lots of odd seats that are not taken up and as the stand fills they cannot be seen by those that get there later. Thus those who get in later, struggle to find a seat or seats together.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

We took 595 last year.

Really? I went to that game (on my own for the first time ever at the gayfarm) and it didn't seem as small as that. Can't be that surprised though given the football we were playing at the time and position in the table and it being a Tuesday night. It'll be a different story this time round I think. Shame on that one though, pretty much the only entertaining game opf football we played all season and less than 600 there to see it.....