dale v latics

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unluckly rochdale...

Phew for us...

Only remember one shot come dribble on target in the second half from Tats after the GK went off injured. Think they had two/three after that and still....people are slating brill saying he should have caught the ball instead of tipping it over doh!!.... :blink:

Unbelievable. Yet I do believe when he wears the green kit he does have a wobble.

Still only came out with slight frost bite to the thighs today.

Still unbeaten too. See you all at walsall

Edited by underdog

Well that was absolutely dire. apart from the first 25 mins or so.

agreed, after their goal there was only one team going to win if any................them! however im happy to say that my head ruled my heart for once and i bet on a draw! finally i win!

Can only echo the comments above - played well until they scored but :censored:e afterwards. Stephens, Black and Evina in particular were garbage. Dean Brill won us the point today. :chubb: Oh and the best striker on the pitch was one Chris O'Grady. By miles. :petesake:

He always seemed to handball it when he brought it up with his chest.. anyone else notice he hardly went near mvoto today? :grin:

unluckly rochdale...

Phew for us...

Only remember one shot come dribble on target in the second half from Tats after the GK went off injured. Think they had two/three after that and still....people are slating brill saying he should have caught the ball instead of tipping it over doh!!.... :blink:

Unbelievable. Yet I do believe when he wears the green kit he does have a wobble.

Still only came out with slight frost bite to the thighs today.

Still unbeaten too. See you all at walsall

Brill annoyed me alot today, when players were up, he was slow getting it out, he should be banned from kicking it to his right side, we rarely ever get it, and he stayed on his line far to much (again!)

Entire right leg was frozen up because i couldnt bend it inwards :disappointed: am sure its never been that cold at BP before, think they might be the new ice station zebra :huh:

Too many of our players were under par today, even tonks was out of sorts. Evina and black struggled on the left and white was quiet.

centre midfield became anonymous. Taylor was my MOM at least he kept persevering.

All in all a bad day at the office. The point is welcome but the performance left a lot to be desired.

Too many of our players were under par today, even tonks was out of sorts. Evina and black struggled on the left and white was quiet.

centre midfield became anonymous. Taylor was my MOM at least he kept persevering.

All in all a bad day at the office. The point is welcome but the performance left a lot to be desired.

Tonks got no service, he looked half decent first half when it was being played to him, he was one of few it second half who had a run at their defence, him and taylor were isolated, and at times they isolated each other out. Stuff to work on on the training pitch.

Also with dropping Stephens, he was better than he has been at times today, but if he is dropped, maybe give Winchester a chance their? PD has said its were he sees him as playing (but i would play Jones their first)

Dale's tatics for most of the game was wumph it to o'grady and we just could not deal with that. Also, Ref give alot of decisions to them, it broke some of our play up and just led to more dale pressure. At the end of the day, we were lucky to get a point, were 6th, now lets look for a win @ Walsall.

Edited by ah_oafc

I always view them as our bogey team, dont know why though :unsure:

Odd that, as before the 0-3 shoeing we received there last season we won at Walsall about 4 or 5 years on the spin.

Anyway, today. Our midfield for the last 60 minutes of the game was found wanting. Couldn't get a grip of the ball and passes broke down far too frequently. Dale were very direct which we struggled to deal with on the whole. While the Paul Dickov brand of football works to devastating effect occasionally, I think we saw today why I don't think we'll be making a promotion push this season. Yes, we got a draw but quite a few teams would have given us a proper clinical lesson.

That said, fantastic goal from the boy Cedric. Showed real quality to pass the ball into the goal after a wonderful touch on by The Tank.

PD credits Rochdale with changing their tactics in the second half, this is the second match in succession Latics have been caught on the hop in this way and the players need to adapt much better, hopefully this problem will be ironed out in the future.

Odd that, as before the 0-3 shoeing we received there last season we won at Walsall about 4 or 5 years on the spin.

Anyway, today. Our midfield for the last 60 minutes of the game was found wanting. Couldn't get a grip of the ball and passes broke down far too frequently. Dale were very direct which we struggled to deal with on the whole. While the Paul Dickov brand of football works to devastating effect occasionally, I think we saw today why I don't think we'll be making a promotion push this season. Yes, we got a draw but quite a few teams would have given us a proper clinical lesson.

That said, fantastic goal from the boy Cedric. Showed real quality to pass the ball into the goal after a wonderful touch on by The Tank.

Like i said, dont know why, :blink:

One thing i did notice to however was, PD didnt seem to change tactics to go for it at the end? If we need a goal in last few minutes he usually sticks Mvoto up but didnt today.. is PD turning into DP*?

*I'm joking before anyone goes mad...

A bit of credit to dale today because after being outplayed for the first half hour they changed it about a bit.

2nd half particularly they pressed us harder in midfield and pushed higher up the pitch.

In games like that sometimes we maybe have to sacrifice a wide player and crowd midfield a little more.

Also i wish we would leave a player upfield at set pieces , it just invites them to push everyone up causing chaos in our box.

Then when we do clear it enevitably it comes straight back.

Still overall a point away is ok and 6th place is even better.

For those disappointed just think last season under Penny.

All your blues will wash away :lol:

A bit of credit to dale today because after being outplayed for the first half hour they changed it about a bit.

2nd half particularly they pressed us harder in midfield and pushed higher up the pitch.

In games like that sometimes we maybe have to sacrifice a wide player and crowd midfield a little more.

Also i wish we would leave a player upfield at set pieces , it just invites them to push everyone up causing chaos in our box.

Then when we do clear it enevitably it comes straight back.

Still overall a point away is ok and 6th place is even better.

For those disappointed just think last season under Penny.

All your blues will wash away :lol:

Good assessment losesome, but why can't Latics adapt when teams change their style ?

Good assessment losesome, but why can't Latics adapt when teams change their style ?

lack of management experience and the right players to adapt to a different game.

Dale for instance played the long ball upto O'Grady very well in the second half but we can't do that because we ain't got those type of players.

Very noticable when Dale pushed up second half we started playing the long ball but it just came straight back.

One of the drawbacks of having a team that tries to play football is that it is more difficult to adapt to a different style

when things are not working out.

You then need impact players on the bench - maybe Morias can provide that ?

lack of management experience and the right players to adapt to a different game.

Dale for instance played the long ball upto O'Grady very well in the second half but we can't do that because we ain't got those type of players.

Very noticable when Dale pushed up second half we started playing the long ball but it just came straight back.

One of the drawbacks of having a team that tries to play football is that it is more difficult to adapt to a different style

I thought Alice could of done that today, usually good in keeping hold of the ball and bringing people into the game.

So after Morais performance against Hudders, does he start at Walsall?

Listened in today. My thoughts are:

- Would suggest it was a completely different story to Tuesday. Tuesday was two points lost - this sounded like a point gained.

- It sounded like the condition of the pitch played a big part.

- Dale are a bit of an unknown quantity this season - a good Dale team can be a match for for most teams in this division, but they don't always turn up. It sounded like the team that beat Southampton and Huddersfield turned up today and we were given a tough game.

- Think Stephens needs to re-prove himself. Not a fan of Jones on the right wing, but reckon he should be given a go in the middle in Stephens' place. Would also drop Black, stick Evina in at left back and put Lewis, who started the season so well, back on the left wing.

- It's a cliche, but would suggest the sign of a good team is one that can go away from home, play badly and still get a result.

So basically, not a bad days work IMO - We didn't lose, in a derby, against a fairly unpredictable team and we moved into the top 6. Like we did after Exeter, lets move on, because Walsall is a game where we should definitely be looking to pick up maximum points.

IMO the impact players we need to bring on from bench should be in the Furman mould to get at the opposition, unfortunately there isn't anyone on the books who can play this role and PD may need to bring in another forceful midfielder.

I see Morais as playmaker with flair, and for me Stephens would have to make way for him, but somehow I feel it won't happen.

This is the second match in succession teams have targeted the defensive right flank area and you can bet other teams will do the same from now on.

Edited by BP1960

Report on the Rochdale OS:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/MatchRep...1~51731,00.html

A fair summary except for the "theatrical" reference to Taylor. His reputation preceeded him, but today he refrained from his usual antics and put in a good shift.

There was one instance on the pass back in the first half where Taylor stopped for a second to moan to the linesman he was held back.

If he had of just concentrated on attacking the ball he may have had a clear one on one against the goalie.

Lost a yard or so moaning about that one and this season he has got on my nerves when he carries it on a bit.

No wonder the opposition fans loathe him ??

Wants to concentrate on whats he is good at - playing football

Report on the Rochdale OS:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/MatchRep...1~51731,00.html

A fair summary except for the "theatrical" reference to Taylor. His reputation preceeded him, but today he refrained from his usual antics and put in a good shift.

Nah, his usual diving, cheating self. Very much his usual antics.