when do you want it to be played ?

when do you want it to be played ?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. when do you want it to be played ?

• friday night
    • saturday lunch time
    • sunday afternoon

The club v country argument has been done to death over the years but I maintain that nobody should be asked to make a choice between supporting their club and supporting their country. From a personal point of view I'd rather we played it Friday but I mainly, I just don't think it should be played on the Saturday.

Incidentally, who would you chose? Just being nosy like :wink:

My heart tells me Saturday, but for some reason my head keeps reminding me that we have a pretty decent record on Sunday afternoon games in recent years, with both Doncaster & Hereford being on the end of 4-0 drubbings at Boundary Park.

Not forgetting that Sunday when BP was full and some ST holders couldn't get in.

January 8th???

Both teams out of the FA Cup and twiddling thumbs that day...I'd guess it's not allowed that games can be moved a couple of months about the fixture list though. Shame really...emphasis should be on clubs being allowed to maximise their income!

I seem to remember many years ago Latics and Blackburn being allowed to switch their fixtures in bad weather. When the 'away' game was played at BP Latics lost! :disappointed:

I seem to remember many years ago Latics and Blackburn being allowed to switch their fixtures in bad weather. When the 'away' game was played at BP Latics lost! :disappointed:

did we lose 0-3 (or should that be 3-0 :blink: ), I seem to recall Noel Brotherston giving us the run-a-round!! I was only very young at the time though, so I'm probably wrong.

January 8th???

Both teams out of the FA Cup and twiddling thumbs that day...I'd guess it's not allowed that games can be moved a couple of months about the fixture list though. Shame really...emphasis should be on clubs being allowed to maximise their income!

As I pointed out in a different thread Tranmere are scheduled to play Walsall that day, and since Walsall are out as well that game should go ahead (obviously weather and such like permitting).

As for me, I'll have Saturday at 3pm thank you kindly, I'm actually disappointed the club have obviously already decided to move it. (If I can I'm going to try and get tickets for the international, but that is my choice).

What I don't want though is the Friday night, Friday night games are a nightmare for anyone not local to get to.

As I pointed out in a different thread Tranmere are scheduled to play Walsall that day, and since Walsall are out as well that game should go ahead (obviously weather and such like permitting).

As for me, I'll have Saturday at 3pm thank you kindly, I'm actually disappointed the club have obviously already decided to move it. (If I can I'm going to try and get tickets for the international, but that is my choice).

What I don't want though is the Friday night, Friday night games are a nightmare for anyone not local to get to.

I have emailed AH to add my thoughts- if it has to be moved then Saturday 12:30 ko is my preferred time - then at least I can listen to the game on the drive back down t'motorway. :wink:

Exactamundo! Couldn't care less if England are playing Brazil! If they absolutely have to change it then Saturday at midday, otherwise leave well alone.....

What he says /\

Couldn’t really give a Monkeys now about our National Team – i ‘forced myself to care’ again in South Africa only to be let down (again) by a bunch of over-rated, over-hyped, underperforming prima-donna’s bumbling around the pitch, led by a manager who i didn’t want in the 1st place.

Haven’t watched any of the games since.....the last couple have clashed with Masterchef & the Apprentice (!!); that’s how much i couldn’t give hoop about the Nation’s great hope......

Keep it at 3pm Saturday for me; but if it has to move; then the only sensible solution is to move it forward to a lunchtime KO for those that want to get home / to the pub to watch it. If you want to actually go the England game – fair play – but it’s that person’s choice to do that; & they should make that choice fully in the knowledge that it could very well be at the expense of watching their club side. I know where i’ll be & who I’ll be watching – and it most definitely won’t be Fabio & his bunch of no-hopers.....