Do you fancy taking part in a new three-part BBC drama?

Free breakfast and lunch for a day's filming? I was once paid £300 for a day's shoot, plus free meals of course!

A few lads from one of my RL teams took part in the filming of Sky's new opening credits for this years Super League this week at Eldtree studios, nice £300 each.

Free admission to BP and two free meals - that should appeal to the waverers and stayaways.

Its 7am to 4pm, £30 (£20 for the entry and £5 for each meal) is not much more than £3/hour, considerably less than minimum wage.

I once took part in a documentary for something that I was going to have anyway (Immunisation) I got a £10 (a lot of money for a 3 year old in 1987) for about 10 minutes.

These people are asking for 9 hours and aren't paying anything. They'd be much better off putting some shirts on the homeless of Oldham/Dale etc.

I think £300 is Equity minimum isn't it? The unions won't be happy.

Edited by rudemedic

Its 7am to 4pm, £30 (£20 for the entry and £5 for each meal) is not much more than £3/hour, considerably less than minimum wage.

I once took part in a documentary for something that I was going to have anyway (Immunisation) I got a £10 (a lot of money for a 3 year old in 1987) for about 10 minutes.

These people are asking for 9 hours and aren't paying anything. They'd be much better off putting some shirts on the homeless of Oldham/Dale etc.

I think £300 is Equity minimum isn't it? The unions won't be happy.

£300 minimum for a speaking part (which I had), but for non-speaking part (extra) it can be half that.

I would be interested to see what the "contribution" to the Trust will be.

I negotiated £20,000 fee (plus other stuff) for our site to be used for one days filming in January, albeit a movie that was taken up by a major distribution and now hotly tipped for an Oscar (The Kings Speech)

But as it is TV can undertand it would be less than that, and a bit of publicity is no bad thing for Latics.

Can we do a Freedom of Information request... :grin::wink:

Does chanting/singing count as 'speaking'? :unsure:

Equity has negotiated a deal with just about every circumstance imaginable with detailed breakdowns for every part. Even walk-on roles are subdivided under various categories. So for extras in Rovers on Corry, for example, they are paid different rates depending on what they do/say.

You don't normally get paid extra for chanting/making noise as part of a group (e.g. footy fans), but if you make an audible contribution, such as 'The referee is a w**ker!' you may get a few extra quid!

You don't normally get paid extra for chanting/making noise as part of a group (e.g. footy fans), but if you make an audible contribution, such as 'The referee is a w**ker!' you may get a few extra quid!

This is the golden oportunity the three Ziga Zagga chant starters have been waiting for. :lol:

Why are sport crowd scenes in films/programmes always rubbish? Everyone must wear replica shirt, hat and scarf..? Why?

Because that's what those who no longer go to football matches expect to see.

They also get very critical if they see lots of empty seats.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Because that's what those who no longer go to football matches expect to see.

They also get very critical if they see lots of empty seats.

When my film gets the go ahead the opening crowd scene involves about 100 people spread across a manky terrace - at least we'll be saving money on the extras bill :wink:

• 2 weeks later...