Text from Club

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I missed the section of this thread where Derek had a pop at Barry....

Not derek, other posters,

everything he writes is met with a barry out thread or a poll asking should he be thrown out,

if someone did a laticsfan out or poll everytime i commented id be a bit miffed off aswell

everything he writes is met with a barry out thread or a poll asking should he be thrown out,

if someone did a laticsfan out or poll everytime i commented id be a bit miffed off aswell

It's hardly a hatchet job, Barry brings it upon himself just about every time. What he posted was just inflammitory and designed just to keep a spat going with Wilson, nothing more. It wasn't constructive in the slightest. Aww, poor Barry, he always becomes the focus of fans fury... well he'll continue to be in my eyes unless he starts with quitting a pathetic online spat with a supporter and takes it offline and starts treating the fans with less contempt than he is doing.

While it looks as if there's some "previous" between Barry and Derek, I think we need to consider the following:

1) Barry is a member of the board.

2) Barry is the elected head/chair or whatever of the Trust.

Here's what Barry posted:

Fan rocks the boat again. Just shows how much out of touch some so called fans are these days.

Now as a director of the football club, all that was needed was something along the lines of:

"It's ok folks, I can confirm that the content of the alleged text has not been issued by Oldham Athletic Football Club. Preston North End have not asked for, or been given, permission to talk to Paul Dickov".

It could even have been followed with

"The entertainment offered by Oldham Athletic this season is, in my opinion, well worth watching, and I urge any lapsed or occasional supporters to get down to BP over the next few weeks to see for themselves".

Do you have a dig, or do you try to get people back in the fold for the greater good of the football club?

Edited by opinions4u

While it looks as if there's some "previous" between Barry and Derek, I think we need to consider the following:

1) Barry is a member of the board.

2) Barry is the elected head/chair or whatever of the Trust.

Here's what Barry posted:

Now as a director of the football club, all that was needed was something along the lines of:

It could even have been followed with

Do you have a dig, or do you try to get people back in the fold for the greater good of the football club?

De ja Vu, im sure we've discussed bad boy Barry before on this forum.

Not everything... Just the really :censored: poorly thought out stuff.... Which just happens to be most of it... :wink:

What's odd about this barry thing though (which is what the thread has unsurprisingly turned into) is the way that other people seem to be calling for barry to apologise to derek. In truth it's between derek and barry, and derek is a big boy who can fight his own battles. Some people however seem intent on taking every opportunity and dragging it on and on.

if derek wanted to complain to the trust or whomever about the way barry has acted, that's up to him. Anyone else should pretty much keep out of it. Imho.

• 3 weeks later...