those (including me) who want Brill dropped.....

................won't see Fleming in goal any time soon - according to a source on oafc.co.uk he has a clause in his contract whereby if he starts another game he gets another year, which we can't commit to/presumably afford at his current wage.

hence being placed on the transfer list..........hmmm

................won't see Fleming in goal any time soon - according to a source on oafc.co.uk he has a clause in his contract whereby if he starts another game he gets another year, which we can't commit to/presumably afford at his current wage.

F*ckin' b*llocks Latics! The manager should be able to play who he wants!

According to wiki, Felming has played 18 games for us - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Fleming

The number of 19 starts a clause in his contract, you never know.

wonder if it's the same source who told me Furman was going to Leeds :lol: I mean Greg signed a three year deal, so a clause after 30, 40, 50 gmes perhaps but not nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnineteen - carry on nothing to see here.

Oafc.co.uk - The special needs section of OWTB....

wonder if it's the same source who told me Furman was going to Leeds :lol: I mean Greg signed a three year deal, so a clause after 30, 40, 50 gmes perhaps but not nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnineteen - carry on nothing to see here.

suprised mods not removed that :wink:

but seriously good point.

So why would we risk having him on the bench?

If Brill, god forbid, was to get injured in the pre-match warm-up...

According to wiki, Felming has played 18 games for us - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Fleming

The number of 19 starts a clause in his contract, you never know.

So why would we risk having him on the bench?

If Brill, god forbid, was to get injured in the pre-match warm-up...

Good point JP

WHilst I agree about oafc.co.uk in general could it be case of 2+2=5, but nearer than we give credit

Do his games for Dunfermline count?

It s a lot nearer 50 if that is the case (25 for them 17 for us)

Could it not be that if he plays a game for us this season he automtically gets offered a contract for another year (not neccearily better but equal) , whereas if he does not if he plays no games (ie the clause is there if we so a season long loan with a view to a move or he gets a really long term injury type clause)

Edited by singe

If this were the case, wouldn't Fleming look to void the clause and thus give himself opportunity to play games and be released as opposed to rotting in the reserves before suffering the same fate?

A contract settlement would be another novel idea.

Richard Hughes is looking to do exactly the same thing at Pompy. He has a clause where if he plays one more game, it will trigger another years deal; on the premier league wage he’s currently one. Pompy can’t afford that; so have told Cotterill that he can’t pick Hughes again this season. The player wants to rip up the clause, and is prepared to take a 50% cut in his current wage to stay at the club – but the FA are currently blocking him from doing so for a reason best known to them......

I think it’s feasible that there could be a clause in Flem’s contract; he was signed as a youngster with potential; so it does make sense I think.............and it would be one of the only plausable reasons why Dickov hasnt given him the nod, as for me; even with his short-comings (rushing out being the main one); he for me, is a far better bet between the sticks that Dean (not so) Brill.

Although Fleming certainly has his failings, particularly charging off his line like a mad bull.

I'd definately have him in goal over Brill anyday of the week.

Having watched that first goal against Rochdale again, it beggars belief how he doesn't catch the ball in the very first instance, it was an easy chest height catch for any competant keeper, his shocking attempted punch caused mayhem in the Latics defence and when the ball is hoisted back in he then again fails to catch or at least get a sufficient punch on the ball to clear our lines, leaving Hazell to just blunder into the back of the defender like a simple minded horse and inevitably give the penalty away.

They then miss the penalty but O'Grady is allowed to encroach right under the referee's nose and score the rebound, a shocking goal all round from a Latics point of view, as for the second goal words fail me, nothing to do with Brill though.

Fleming has played under 4 different managers in his time here, none of them rated him (he only really got in the team under Shez because of an injury to Crossley).

What does that tell you?

Thats not so much sticking up for brill, moreso pointing out that fleming robably isnt the saviour. our best bet would be to do our upmost to ship fleming out on loan for the rest of the season, then use his wage (or a part of it) to bring in another goalie on loan, either as a no1 or someone who will give Brill some serious competition

Fleming has played under 4 different managers in his time here, none of them rated him (he only really got in the team under Shez because of an injury to Crossley).

What does that tell you?

Thats not so much sticking up for brill, moreso pointing out that fleming robably isnt the saviour. our best bet would be to do our upmost to ship fleming out on loan for the rest of the season, then use his wage (or a part of it) to bring in another goalie on loan, either as a no1 or someone who will give Brill some serious competition

+1

if four different sets of coaches haven't played him, then we should be looking to get rid or bring someone in to replace brill