Brentford on Saturday

Given that PD went for a more solid approach at Plymouth - leaving the flair players (arguably) Evina, White and Morais on the bench - will we see a continuation at home this Saturday?

My hunch is that 'the gaffer' will pick the same starting eleven with Feeney given another chance up front and Jones to continue out wide - then we have the option of bringing on some real pace later in the game.

Wotcha think forum? :huh:

Agree, i think this is our weak spot at the moment, wouldn't mind having another look at jacobson there.

Any side with a bit of quality seem to target black.

Depending which wing he plays on, Weston will be a real threat on Saturday - he destroyed us in the First-Half at Griffin Park and it was Lee he gave a torrid time, before getting the measure of him in the Second Half...

Edited by oafcprozac

Given that PD went for a more solid approach at Plymouth - leaving the flair players (arguably) Evina, White and Morais on the bench - will we see a continuation at home this Saturday?

My hunch is that 'the gaffer' will pick the same starting eleven with Feeney given another chance up front and Jones to continue out wide - then we have the option of bringing on some real pace later in the game.

with the plymouth starting eleven, we had a solid team with more attacking players to come off the bench. this would probably suit a game like brentford who have some decent attcking players like charlie macdonald and then we can hopefully get a lead and bring on morais, white/evina to put the game to bed

Using Morais/Evina/White on the flanks and Taylor through the middle is the best way for us to play in general imo, but for the short-term (i.e. the next 5 games) we need a solid formation that, even if it doesn't create much, will get the job done. So hopefully Dickov will keep it the same on Saturday.

Using Morais/Evina/White on the flanks and Taylor through the middle is the best way for us to play in general imo, but for the short-term (i.e. the next 5 games) we need a solid formation that, even if it doesn't create much, will get the job done. So hopefully Dickov will keep it the same on Saturday.

It will still create abit, as we played some of our better football earlier on in the season with the solid formation, as it allowed the full-backs (especially Lee) to push on further, knowing they'll be covered.

Think Lewi will be on bench on Saturday as well, think yesterday, it was more of getting him some minutes rather than wanting a performance

Depending which wing he plays on, Weston will be a real threat on Saturday - he destroyed us in the First-Half at Griffin Park and it was Lee he gave a torrid time, before getting the measure of him in the Second Half...

I was impressed with weston against exeter the other night, he's sure to pose a threat, we need to be solid defensively on saturday, but i think you can get at their back line with good movement as exeter showed.

Jones has yet to convince me as a top player yet but when he plays we do have a more solid shape and dont tend to get caught with both wingers out of position and our pants down

Exeter apart he's doe ok and every team needs a steady Eddie - look at John Eyre's impact in 02/03 or Rocastle's in 06/07, going further back when we won the league in 90/91 old man Donachie played in his fair share of games despite being 39/40 at the time and still did a good job. I think prior to the Plymouth game we'd been found out a little and were being caught pushing on - going for it is probably what cost us 2 points v Exeter and certainly the second goal v Dale. I said last week Jones returning would give us some stability and make us a tighter unit and to be fair we were. I still think we'll need to mix it up a little at home just to keep teams guessing...

Exeter apart he's doe ok and every team needs a steady Eddie - look at John Eyre's impact in 02/03 or Rocastle's in 06/07, going further back when we won the league in 90/91 old man Donachie played in his fair share of games despite being 39/40 at the time and still did a good job. I think prior to the Plymouth game we'd been found out a little and were being caught pushing on - going for it is probably what cost us 2 points v Exeter and certainly the second goal v Dale. I said last week Jones returning would give us some stability and make us a tighter unit and to be fair we were. I still think we'll need to mix it up a little at home just to keep teams guessing...

and players

Weston might not be playing. Wednesday have made enquiries, hopefully he will either sign for them or be not in the right frame of mind to put in a decent shift.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...wed/9368636.stm

Weston might not be playing. Wednesday have made enquiries, hopefully he will either sign for them or be not in the right frame of mind to put in a decent shift.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...wed/9368636.stm

They are obviously looking for a big push between now and the season's end - and have already signed a couple of decent players in Madine and Johnson.

Notts County have lost Davies to Derby and now could lose Hughes and Westcarr? Paul Ince will not be a happy boy... :lol: