Robinson

quotes from the tranny board:-

'£1800pw from Shrewsbury and £1500 from Oldham last i heard'

'I know from Andy himself we offered £1500 pw, Oldham offered £2000 pw and shrewsbury offered £2500 pw.

He was set to sign for Udders but was told they had no more money to spend.'

not convinced, has hardly played for two seasons

Ask the Trannies, a lot of say him joining on loan kept them up last season.

Fair enough he hasn't played that much since or for a while before his loan spell with Tranmere, he's been training with different clubs and keeping fit though, well worth offering a 6 month deal until the end of the season to see how he gets on.

That's if he'd be willing to sign a short contract. I suspect he's looking for one last long contract on good wages. In that case.......pass, I think he's a quality player but we can't afford to tie the wages we'd have to pay him, on one player for a significant amount of time. If there was a guarantee he would be the same player that played for Swansea then I'd sign him up in a shot. Even if he's lost it a bit, he'd still be a good player. But I don't know how much this layoff has affected him really other than what Tranny fans say.

Ask the Trannies, a lot of say him joining on loan kept them up last season.

Fair enough he hasn't played that much since or for a while before his loan spell with Tranmere, he's been training with different clubs and keeping fit though, well worth offering a 6 month deal until the end of the season to see how he gets on.

That's if he'd be willing to sign a short contract. I suspect he's looking for one last long contract on good wages. In that case.......pass, I think he's a quality player but we can't afford to tie the wages we'd have to pay him, on one player for a significant amount of time. If there was a guarantee he would be the same player that played for Swansea then I'd sign him up in a shot. Even if he's lost it a bit, he'd still be a good player. But I don't know how much this layoff has affected him really other than what Tranny fans say.

Lot of Tranny fans will also tell you he did nowt for the first few weeks, then got him self sent-off and sat out three vital games but I know he did well for the final four or five games that helped keep them up...

Also from Les Parrys press conference on thursday

'We're looking at getting a centre midfielder in but dont want a loan, we need players who are available for release on a free. I went to watch one last night but I won't be following it up - he wasn't as good as hoped'

He got a late call-up - WORTHINGTON anyone?!

If Latics are seriously considering signing him, I assume he'll be replacing somebody moving on to bigger and better things.

He's the new(er) Lee Trundle. Hate this type of player that pisses their career up the wall when we'd give an arm to be in that position. I'd be amazed if Dickov is interested in a player like this, and very disappointed.

He's the new(er) Lee Trundle. Hate this type of player that pisses their career up the wall when we'd give an arm to be in that position. I'd be amazed if Dickov is interested in a player like this, and very disappointed.

It's not a natural fit to the players he's brought in (Feeney excepted).

I assume they knew each other at Leeds? Dickov may feel that he would bring a solidity to the midfield?

If we can only afford £300 a week for Morais then we aren't affording £1,500 a week for Robinson.

To be fair, no one knows for sure who is paid what.

If someones seen the payroll then fair do's, but I bet no-one has.

To talk about what we pay and all that is bollocks, cause no one actually knows................

This aint aimed at you Macca,

If we offered him anything more than £700 a week we're mental.

Very specific my friend! :lol: Is that your specific cut off point generally, or is it considered on a case by case basis?

My thoughts on this (and the fact he isnt 'allegedly' Dickov's type of player - as he is out of his teens) is that if I were Dickov the one thing i'd be looking to bring in in this window is experience. The main flaw in this team is a lack of concentration, especially after seeing the saints tonking. It may have just changed Dickov's mind on his team of kids.

Not saying robinson is the answer, however he is a player with a decent history. If he has been training with us then Dickov has had plenty of time to see if he is fit enough. As for the money, yes again that no-one knows how much he is being offered.... however add together M'Voto, Kelly, Jarrett, Ollerenshaw, Morais' offer (can see him staying if we bring in another winger) and maybe a couple of other shifting loans (irrespective of how low wages they are all on - if any) and you might get a little way to stumping up the wage for a player that may make the difference to a promotion push.

Again, not saying robinson is the answer... but if he gets anywhere near the form of his swansea days he could be.