Carlisle vs Oldham Post Match Thread

Got to agree would be happy with mid-table this season. Anything better i would be delighted.

+1

unless something happens and we don't get more than ten points in the next 20 games, we'll finish at least mid table and probably top ten and most latics fans would have taken that at the beginning of the season.

we're seeing some of the best entertainment in a good few years, and for me the most since ive been a fan in the last five - ten years.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying we played well and dominated the games was a bit strong then??

Behave. I was responding to the bolded quote in post 72. Most frustrating in 25 years? Nonsense!

For what it's worth, I thought we played adequately and dominated.

Edited by opinions4u

Behave. I was responding to the bolded quote in post 72. Most frustrating in 25 years? Nonsense!

For what it's worth, I thought we played adequately and dominated.

Well use the full quote then ' in my opinion its going to be the most frustrating season watching latics in the last 25+ years.. '

If we miss out on the play offs by a couple of points I believe we will rue the games like today and exeter, i cant remember many other years were we have blown 3 goal leads and dropped points when winning and playing well on so many occasions

Well use the full quote then ' in my opinion its going to be the most frustrating season watching latics in the last 25+ years.. '

If we miss out on the play offs by a couple of points I believe we will rue the games like today and exeter, i cant remember many other years were we have blown 3 goal leads and dropped points when winning and playing well on so many occasions

should of won comfy....there first goal very bad defending...second never a pen....point wil do could and should of beenn threee....

reid should of been on earlier.....bad defending.

In the box.

Contact made with the man.

Asking for trouble.

Totally brainless challenge.

Soft, perhaps. But if their full back had done that to our player at the other end of the pitch I'd want a penalty for it.

I agree, it was a stupid challenge to make and totally unnecessary.

Back from the match and just seen the goals on SSN. Stupid pen to give away and not even sure it was anyway. Feels like a defeat.

Never a pen,silly challenge but never a pen,. Pathetic decision, going away from goal and looked marginally outside/out of play - what was the lino thinking? Fookin' clown!

Never a pen,silly challenge but never a pen,. Pathetic decision, going away from goal and looked marginally outside/out of play - what was the lino thinking? Fookin' clown!

Yet again statuesque defending for the first goal, and young Black yet again done up like a kipper - that's embarassing! Time to shake up the defence not bothered who gets dropped just change it PD, 1 clean sheet in 10 is not promotion form...

Edited by oafcprozac

Everyone who watches and knows football that a side will want and try to get their winger up against the full back one on one. Carlisle manged this quite a number of times and on one occasion their winger skipped past Black. Once! now is it Blacks fault he was faced with that? lets stop this witch hunt here and now folks.

Is Paul Black becoming the new Eardley for us? Whenever I've seen him I've been pretty impressed, aside from the Southampton game but he was up against Lambert for most of it. Any attacking full back who often goes on probing runs up front it going to have some sort of weak link in his armoury.

Is Paul Black becoming the new Eardley for us? Whenever I've seen him I've been pretty impressed, aside from the Southampton game but he was up against Lambert for most of it. Any attacking full back who often goes on probing runs up front it going to have some sort of weak link in his armoury.

He's done well, just needs to cool down a bit and curb some rash judgments, but that should come with experience.

how bad was that sun?

i had arm ache . .

anybody know why the lad was thrown out at half time under the stand?

Aparently making sexual references to a female steward despite being warned.

The strong arm tactics to remove him from the Brunton Park Grounds was a bit much though once he had been ejected

Haha. He asked if her pubes were red like her hair. Was warned and then someone else asked him what her answer was. Bit harsh IMO, think Andy Gray is to blame for this!

She was pretty but that has got to be one of the worst chat up lines I've ever heard.

They did seem to have a lot of "bouncer" types working as stewards which always strikes me as a bit dodgy.

Someone seemingly got chucked out before the game, possibly because he was trying to buy booze underage- which seems a bit daft, especially as he was the oldest looking of his mates all doing the same thing. I wonder if football clubs get checked out the same way bars and clubs do? It could have been for a number of things though.

how bad was that sun?

i had arm ache . .

anybody know why the lad was thrown out at half time under the stand?

Yea that was me....not my proudest moment. I blame the Sambuca Paddy provided on the way up....I was warned for being immature then got chucked out when one of the other lads asked!