Why can't they hold on to a lead ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get Sean Gregan back.

As soon as we let in a goal we panic and go to shít at the back.

To be fair it didn't really sound like we 'went to :censored:'. they only had one shot of any note in the 15 mins after their first goal and then got a pen that sound a little dubious. I don't think we're the luckiest of sides unfortunately and never have been. Our inexperience will play a part and we don't have any real natural leaders, but it didn't sound like they did enough to get a second today or even a first.

Peterboro' L

Brighton L

Southampton L

Rochdale D

Walsall D

Carlisle D

We have picked up only 3 points from 18 in the above games where we have scored first. If we are going to sustain a challenge this has got to change.

Why is following Oldham so bloody frustrating!!!

We've got a young, inexperienced manager who tried somenthing different to try and close the game down. It didn't work, we move on.

Not the first time he's changed the team around and we've ended up losing a fairly unassailable lead, though.

Peterboro' L

Brighton L

Southampton L

Rochdale D

Walsall D

Carlisle D

We have picked up only 3 points from 18 in the above games where we have scored first. If we are going to sustain a challenge this has got to change.

Why is following Oldham so bloody frustrating!!!

+Exeter D so 4 from 21

Peterboro' L

Brighton L

Southampton L

Exeter D

Rochdale D

Walsall D

Carlisle D

The only ones I'm pissed off about are the bolded ones. At Brighton we were good for a point and we should have been out of sight against Exeter and Carlisle.

Peterborough smashed us, they're a good attacking team. I think of them as a much better version of ourselves, if they're in the playoffs we've got next to no chance. They're ball player give our defence fits. Southampton are just too good and should get auto and we were never in control against them. Walsall as I said we were probably second best on that game.

Yep, 5th is good, in the playoffs now... good ohh

While the "glass is half full" sentiment is fantastic, the fact that we're not 4th on the back of the position were were in after 70 minutes of today's game is massively disappointing....

Depressing stat for you. We've dropped 22 points from winning positions this season.

We'd be 16 points clear at the top had we held on to each of those leads.

Now that is a depressing thought....but if my Auntie had balls.......gutted about today but onwards and upwards :wink: