I'd definitely back RRE for home and Chaddy for away.

Some logistics to get round - including police involvement - but not insuperable.

Mainly to do with coach parking and away turnstiles. Shift the coaches to Clayton end of the car park and somehow increase the number of Chaddy turnstiles on that side of the ground. Currently it's not straightforward to get to Sheepfoot Lane turnstiles from car park . Either have to go past RRE and police won't like that if large away following , or back on to Broadway and across Clayton.

Edited by LaticsPete

The police are ludicrous. As if there're enough away and home supporters at the average game at Boundary Park to start a proper ruckus! As if!

Anyway, I've frequently walked through home fans at away games to get to the nearest drinker or train station. I've frequently walked into away pubs and enjoyed a drink whilst pointing out the failings of the locals under my breath. Hell fire I've even been in the Notts Forest end and mocked their scabbery in the miners strike. (Very, very quietly it must be said.)

Football culture in league one simply does not justify that level of police intrusion.

Get moving!

The police are ludicrous. As if there're enough away and home supporters at the average game at Boundary Park to start a proper ruckus! As if!

Anyway, I've frequently walked through home fans at away games to get to the nearest drinker or train station. I've frequently walked into away pubs and enjoyed a drink whilst pointing out the failings of the locals under my breath. Hell fire I've even been in the Notts Forest end and mocked their scabbery in the miners strike. (Very, very quietly it must be said.)

Football culture in league one simply does not justify that level of police intrusion.

Get moving!

I'm afraid the police don't want any ruckus. That's why for games when there's adecent away following but only enough for one section of the RRE the whole end is kept free of Latics fans. E.g. Rochdale

Interestingly there are more incidents at Lge 1 and 2 matches than at Premier.

I'm afraid the police don't want any ruckus. That's why for games when there's adecent away following but only enough for one section of the RRE the whole end is kept free of Latics fans. E.g. Rochdale

Interestingly there are more incidents at Lge 1 and 2 matches than at Premier.

Police a bit scared of a ruckus? Keep the away fans in for ten minutes - in the Chaddy End that is. I know they're not society's leading lights intellectually, but surely even they could work that out.

Moved to the Rocky about 3 years ago after being man and boy enjoying some of the best moments of my life in the Chaddy but then watching it slowly but steadily slide into a morgue of an atmosphere and even though it took a few weeks to get used i now absolutely love it in the Rocky , fantastic atmosphere and banter , and a beer and a bet if you so wish , and even the chavs make it a humerous atmosphere all round with plenty of head shakes from the older end at some of the stuff that goes on ,and lets face it its the best stand by a million miles with regards to facilities

My opinion is that the 3 Amigos should have enforced the move the day they took over and the " i,ve sat in the Chaddy for 40 years brigade" ( of which i,m one), would have been so grateful the club was being saved it wouldnt have impacted as much as if the move was tried now and we would now be looking back at years of vociferous support and increased revenues.

So come on all you miserable old gits , come and join in the fun and sometimes electric atmosphere of the Rocky and keep your memories of the once great Chaddy as just memories. IMO

My Season Ticket's in the Main Stand Paddock but at least one of the kids - sometimes both want to come every week now so I've been alternating between the Chaddy and the RRE since Christmas for so they can get in for £3. The Chaddy is dead, and devoid of atmosphere but both stands have their positives and negatives. I think the nature of our fanbase is such that if any move was forced then people would again vote with their feet and despite arguments to the contrary there's plenty that have done since the Lookers was dropped…hopefully the new stadium when it happens will settle the argument once and for all.

Police are scared of a Ruckus between Oldham and at the highest risk Dale or Hudders :grin: yet they manage to cope with with visiting fans such as Stoke, Birmingham, Wolves, West Ham visiting OT and COMS each week plus Manchester derbys, Man Utd v Liverpool etc etc.

I am sure they could manage a few fans walking past each other on sheepfoot lane

Edited by NIKI1234

Police can't be serious about any trouble if away fans in chaddy cos they pass some people from main stand on sheepfoot. I mean, its not like hundreds of fans pass the away turnstiles at RRE currently every game is it?

I say, that for a game that has a low expected turnout (and giving fans a few weeks notice, posted on OS EVERY DAY and other forms of advertisement etc.. until the game has been played) we try away fans in Chaddy and move them into RRE (or main if that is their preferred choice!!!!)